QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hello hello!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Hello hello!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Sigy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.17.10
  Hello hello!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sigy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey everybody!

Its my second day here so i thought its time to give a proper introduction .

My name is Sigrit and i´m a girl from Estonia. I´m 20 years old college student...majoring in nursing ...hope to be a great nurse in future I love listening to music, watch anime, sleep long, spend time with friends and bla bla bla

And of course i love Studio Ghibli ..their animes are masterpieces.

Keep smiling!!

Keep smiling!!!!

07.19.2010, 03:27 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I might've welcomed you in another thread, but I can quite easily do it again.

Hello! Hope you enjoy it here.

07.19.2010, 03:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
blackice10
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blackice10 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi and from one of your other posts, yes I quite agree, L is amazing !

1. I am never wrong.

2. If I'm ever wrong, refer to rule 1.

Be excellent to each other

07.19.2010, 03:45 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
Sigy
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sigy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I think I might've welcomed you in another thread, but I can quite easily do it again.

Hello! Hope you enjoy it here.

hey again

Yes you did welcome me in another thread, but its nice that you did it again

I will surely enjoy being here

Keep smiling!!!!

07.19.2010, 03:48 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
Sigy
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sigy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by blackice10
hi and from one of your other posts, yes I quite agree, L is amazing !

I love L´s personality, he is so diff from others. The way he acts and thinks ...great

Keep smiling!!!!

07.19.2010, 03:53 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
blackice10
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blackice10 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

true he is the most original character EVER . . . However, I sat like L all my life and now I have a busted right knee *TRUE STORY!*

1. I am never wrong.

07.19.2010, 03:58 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
blackice10
Tanuki

anyway this is YOUR thread lol, i hope your studies are going well. i'm new as well but they seem lovely

1. I am never wrong.

Post last edited by blackice10 on 07.19.2010, 04:07 PM.

07.19.2010, 04:03 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Sigy... I hope that you are able to stay around a long, long while...

just post and post and post, etc...lol

I truly enjoy reading the posts of people in other countries as I feel that it connects all of us thru our love and enjoyment of Ghibli...

And I am living proof that you don't have to be a youngster to enjoy anime. I think that I am the oldest one here in the Tavern at 63 and I have always enjoyed animated films since I don't know when. I even have a disc of the film "Alakazam" that I first saw as a child...

07.19.2010, 10:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, welcome to the Tavern!

Have fun and stick around! ^_^

07.20.2010, 01:03 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Sigy
Kodama

quote:
Originally posted by blackice10
true he is the most original character EVER . . . However, I sat like L all my life and now I have a busted right knee *TRUE STORY!*

aa thats horrible ... I usually sit on chair legs on table maybe i should also change my sitting habits

Thanks

@ husky51

Thanks..and i will surely post, post and post. I also like to read posts of people in other countries and i love to make frinds from other countries.

You know, in my country for me seems that anime isn´t so popular like in other countries . Like in my class was only 2 others who watches anime, for many animes are childish ...but i agree with you that people in all ages can watch it ...anime is art ..great art

@ Kiki

Its nice to be here

Keep smiling!!!!

Post last edited by Sigy on 07.20.2010, 12:11 PM.

07.20.2010, 11:55 AM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello! Welcome!
Awesome. Another nursing student
You're planning to become an RN too right?
How is it so far? Pre Reqs? Any suggestions, tips for a clueless student?
I'm planning to take A&P 1 and 2 this year, and Micro next
Are those classes really that hard?

07.20.2010, 12:50 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome! Wow, your sig is like difficult to look away from. Such happy blobs. xD

07.20.2010, 10:28 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Welcome! Wow, your sig is like difficult to look away from. Such happy blobs. xD

Yeah, hard to believe it's from such a gory series. I almost didn't recognize them, until I saw their signs.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. And hope you'll find some fun here.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.21.2010, 09:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Sigy
Kodama

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
Hello! Welcome!
Awesome. Another nursing student
You're planning to become an RN too right?
How is it so far? Pre Reqs? Any suggestions, tips for a clueless student?
I'm planning to take A&P 1 and 2 this year, and Micro next
Are those classes really that hard?

Hey!

Yeah its cool to see another nurse here ..now we can exchange thoughts and experiences.
Before i start my essay i apologise for my hubbly english
After reading this you can ask me more questions and i will give my best to answer them .

So i am a second year student. In first year i studied anatomy and physiology, psychology, micro and many other classes. We can´t choose if we want to take A&P first or second year. There is some lessons what are optional in second year, but so we have a given schedule. At first year we studied healthy person –like healthy oldsters, healthy woman and man, children .....and this year we will studie pathology. Aa and in first year we learned bedside manners, how to make the beds in hospital, measure blood pressure and so on ....this year we will finally learn to make injections etc.

You asked if A&P and Micro are hard ..i think if you listen to what teachers say in the lectures and seminars and read by yourself conspects then you must not worry about it. For me was hard to rememmber all the latin words ..i don´t remember them anymore ..and micro also isn´t for me ..i will not talk about pharmacology... donno how i pass this class this year ..i need help in it

My first year in collage was great ..it was interesting and new...i had 2 practices one in kindergarden and second in retirement home. And in the beggining i was one day in hospital- observing practical –i was in childrens surgery dep. This year will have 4 practics and all of them in hospitals ...i have many practicals in future too.

I think that nursing process is more developed in USA then in estonia but donno exactly. But yeah i plan to become an RN too ....i think after graduating collage i will work some years in the ambulance to get the experiences and then will see what happens.

Suggestion: Give your best...if something doesn´t go so good ..try it again ..learn learn learn but don´t forget to rest too ..have fun in collage ..all the best .

So why did you choose nursing? Are you a first year student? Can you tell me something about RN in your country?

@ everyone

thanks

Keep smiling!!

Keep smiling!!!!

Post last edited by Sigy on 07.22.2010, 02:22 PM.

07.22.2010, 02:18 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh. EMT.. my brother does that, and he's in the nursing program now.. almost finished...

Well, where i'm from, there are MANY people who wants to become nurses..
So it's pretty much a race on who ever could get their pre reqs first with the best grades, best ones will be picked first. It's like a 2 year waiting list to get into the nursing program here...
I don't know about other colleges, but the one i'm attending, we don't have our schedules planned for us. Some people could take random classes that they won't ever need...
And i'm pretty much a first year college student (second semester) I just took a couple of easy classes, intro classes so see where I'm at, coming from high school to college...

So I chose nursing because it's a good field to be in... Male Nurses are wanted
And also because i'm not too sure what to aim for, I might change my major later on, but for now, i'm aiming for a goal.
Someone told me it's better to aim for something and get a degree than to just take random classes and have nothing.

07.22.2010, 07:08 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Sigy
Kodama

In estonia its not so hard ...and yeah i have noticed that more guys want to become nurses and thats cool ...only in some reason in my course are only 10-15 male nurses, unfortunately

Working in EMT will be hard but it will get lots of experiences what will be useful in future ..right now i´m thinking to work with children but who knows where i will work after college

The one who told you that --- it's better to aim for something and get a degree than to just take random classes and have nothing--- is a smart person if you have a aim then you already have something what keeps you going.

Keep smiling!!

Keep smiling!!!!

Post last edited by Sigy on 08.04.2010, 10:26 AM.

08.04.2010, 10:22 AM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

hehe yeah... i like your
Keep Smiling sig, and after all of your posts
hope you stay on this forum for a while

08.04.2010, 11:01 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My sister was an RN in the terminal onclogy ward at Long Beach Memorial Hospital here in California. She has my greatest respect for working in that environment, it had to be rough. She went through her training and service with a gf from high school so that they had each others company both through training and service. My sister eventually worked in a medical records office and has now retired. Her husband owns a comedy club in the Los Angeles area.

good luck in your studies and you as well, jusomekid

as for myself, I have given first aid to many, many people over the years and even now while working security at a medical plaza that has a lot of elderly people (no smart remarks now, lol) as patients I still have to deal with emergency situations once in a while.

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.05.2010, 01:04 AM.

08.05.2010, 01:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Sigy
Kodama

@husky 51

hey!

I guess your sister married her high school love? Thats so coool I can imagine how hard it will be to work as nurse ..i really hope i can manage it . i wish all the best to your sister and her husband

So what was you last emergency situation ?

Also i wanted to ask if you know some site in net where i can buy anime DVDs ..not too expensive and who delivers it to north europe too. I have wanted to buy all sailor moon DVDs ( its my childhood anime )but don´t know sites what i can trust ..there are so many fake net shops

Aaa and sorry for my hubbly english

@jusomekid

Thanks

So when will your studies start? And how many years must you study nursing?

Keep smiling!!!!

Post last edited by Sigy on 08.08.2010, 10:34 AM.

08.08.2010, 10:33 AM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

No, she didn't marry her high school guy...
she finally wised up after too many years that he was a jerk... she met another man and after 15 urs of marriage, HE stepped out on her. Now she is married to a good guy that owns a comedy club. trippy.

my last emergency was a man who collapsed next to me as I was walking with him to the dr's office. He is ok now and has been back twice now to thank me... I didn't do it for that, just is the right thing to do.

the only place I buy me DVDs amd Manga is from eBay.com... unless I go to the local swapmeet.

08.08.2010, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks