QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Little Miss Sunshine
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Little Miss Sunshine » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
Little Miss SunshinePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone who saw this little pretty film?
It was awesome!!!
Great actors, good music and a lovely story about a cute little girl, who woulds become Miss Sunshine.
Now I saw two really funny films last time (Snow Cake is also very very good). They really impressed me!

I luv the susuwatari^^

Post last edited by Cloud on 11.24.2007, 11:48 PM.

12.06.2006, 11:53 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have seen it. was hilarious. loved the older brother..i rofled.

12.07.2006, 11:38 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Of course- the mute brother!
He was very cute in his own way...
But I love Toni Collette and think she was the best for the motherrole

I luv the susuwatari^^

12.08.2006, 03:31 PM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep they were all awesome love the grandpa!

12.09.2006, 05:30 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Aimee
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aimee Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This was a great film. I saw it the day it came out.
Steve Carrel is a great actor.

12.22.2006, 08:23 AM Aimee is offline   Profile for Aimee Add Aimee to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome here Aimee!
I hope you enjoy it!

Do you know other films from the director?

I luv the susuwatari^^

12.22.2006, 05:03 PM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Aimee
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aimee Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know the guy that writ it, it was his first film.

Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris directed it. The have mainly done Muisc DVDs for REM, RHCP and the Smashing Pumpkins. It was pretty much their first directed proper film.

12.23.2006, 09:24 AM Aimee is offline   Profile for Aimee Add Aimee to your buddy list
violet
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by violet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I havnt seen it! funny though my mum watched that film last night!!! she asked me but i was to bisy with big brother (tv) xx

01.04.2007, 03:38 PM violet is offline   Profile for violet Add violet to your buddy list Homepage of violet
nanafan
Totoro

you should see it sometime violet it's awesome!

01.04.2007, 07:23 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
violet
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by violet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ha chears,i will cheak it out! i think my mum still has it some where! xx

01.05.2007, 12:11 PM violet is offline   Profile for violet Add violet to your buddy list Homepage of violet
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yh sounds cute, ill check

Gawd im bored.. Chii....

01.05.2007, 12:20 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry again. just roaming through old threads cuz its late and im not tired

one of my top 5 movies of all time.
if you havnt seen it you definitely should get around to it.
i think iv mentioned 1 or 2 times before

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 11.23.2007, 12:20 AM.

11.23.2007, 12:19 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It always makes me sad when this happens. I see who's posted and I'm like OH! Nanafan, Nausicaa Cat, long time no see, and then I realize that the posts were made a year ago.

Anyways, yes, great movie. Truly a comedy with class. Much better film than that crap the Departed.

"wow Olive, you've gotten bigger, almost like a real person"

"you fell in love with a man!?! That's silly"

11.23.2007, 02:27 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
Anyways, yes, great movie. Truly a comedy with class. Much better film than that crap the Departed.

As the Departed got the Oscar I was like "Holy crap!!! That isnt actually happening!" I like Scorsese but I think its one of his worst films ever so its a joke that his only Oscar resulted from this film. I think Aviator is much better for example (but I hate DiCaprio!)

I luv the susuwatari^^

11.23.2007, 07:00 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I preferred the Departed to this film.
True, he shouldnt have gotten an Oscar for it.
Babel was better, definitely, but it stood for all the Oscars he should have won and didnt.

I really liked Little Miss Sunshine until the end.
The beauty contest thing was really stupid and OTT.
The road trip and stuff was so much better.

11.23.2007, 07:15 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks