QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Mos breathtaking music you've ever heard
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Mos breathtaking music you've ever heard » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Mos breathtaking music you've ever heardPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I'm speaking for half the people here when I say Ashitaka to San.
Got that song on This Playlist! Anyhow, what was the most breathtaking music you've heard?

08.25.2008, 03:47 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Gonzo
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.31.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gonzo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Animal Collective, Sigur Ros, Philip Glass, Tom Waits

Post last edited by Gonzo on 08.25.2008, 03:50 PM.

08.25.2008, 03:49 PM Gonzo is offline   Profile for Gonzo Add Gonzo to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awesomefulness.

Actually, if you want me to be honest... uhmm...

Probably Teru's song from Earthsea and then the song that Ranka sings in Macross Frontier, called "Aimo"...

Yeah, yeah they're from animes and Ghiblis all, but they're still awesome.

08.25.2008, 03:51 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite music is calssical themed music, so I love Ghibli music alot.
Or should I say Joe Hisaishi.
Anyhow...
80's rock FTW!
AC/DC!

08.25.2008, 09:00 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay, eighties!!

Men at Work, they did "Down Under" and "Who can it be now". Yay! There was another awesomeful band that I really rather liked, and I can't recall what it was... alas...

08.25.2008, 09:35 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo
Animal Collective, Sigur Ros, Philip Glass, Tom Waits

I dont really know animal collective. Or wait.. I just remembered, I do.
I love their song Peacebone. But I dont know them well.

Sigur Ros and tom waits ont he other hand. Breathtaking indeed.
Philip Glass is pretty good too, I liked his score for the Illusionist.

I would add Patrick Wolf. I know ther's more, but I can't think right now.

08.25.2008, 10:19 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
I think I'm speaking for half the people here when I say Ashitaka to San.
I'd say you're the only one who thinks that.

Sakamoto Maaya's Kuuki to Hoshi was one of the first songs that literally put me under a spell, as well as Sora from the Escaflowne movie.

The Ending song for Jin-Roh was also deeply captivating. Even if the words itself held no meaning, the way the girl sang that song and the flow itself was very hypnotizing.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.26.2008, 09:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(I need to listen to Sakamoto Maaya's music more sometime.. I've only heard maybe one song but I screwed up my chance listening to it because I wanted my sister to hear it and it died XD)

Hunh.. Usually, if music makes me cry, I really like it. Lemme see who my favourites are that do just that..

Utada Hikaru, Gackt, Lifehouse..

Oh crap, my memory failed. O_O I know there's more. My reason for Utada is because every time I hear one of her songs, it mostly makes me cry or I get wrapped up into them with my imagination. For Gackt, I really love his voice and the lyrics are so pretty usually.

Lifehouse is my favourite band for some reason. I really started liking them after I saw them on TV and there songs are the kind I enjoy listening to. ^^

The ending theme song to Natsume Yuujin-chou. WHY? WHY DOES IT MAKE ME CRY SO MUCH?! I can't listen to it more than once because it makes me cry to the point I'm wailing. XD My sister heard it and didn't like it in the least. Even I can understand why though. It's just the kind to make me blubber. >.<

08.26.2008, 11:12 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Lifehouse is my favorite band too, yay!! ^.^ For some reason I forgot it when I first put some stuff down... ah well... yay!!

I love their song "chapter one".

08.26.2008, 02:54 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mmm radio head, pearl jam, smashing pumpkins, audio slave , ratm, pj harvey, oasis, black sabith, the pixies, kings of leon,
i have lots of rando favourites like 1-2 songs from different countless bands
oh and ff7 music and classical ghibli stuff too

08.26.2008, 09:09 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

CARAMELLDANSEN!!!

08.26.2008, 09:11 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Eye-see
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.25.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Eye-see Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hiya! me new here. Hope that you don't mind that I just butt in.

greatest music from the greatest people and greatest times:
ABBA!!

08.27.2008, 08:32 AM Eye-see is offline   Profile for Eye-see Add Eye-see to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
mmm radio head, pearl jam, smashing pumpkins, audio slave , ratm, pj harvey, oasis, black sabith, the pixies, kings of leon,
i have lots of rando favourites like 1-2 songs from different countless bands
oh and ff7 music and classical ghibli stuff too

I find this quite interesting... I'd like to ask: is this specifically a list of the "most breathtaking" music you've heard, or just some bands, etc. that you quite like?

08.27.2008, 05:22 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, I think Ashitaka to San ranks pretty highly.... maybe not the highest, but at the moment it might be among my favourite songs.

Especially her version:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=AX5QSIOPWBI

Some movie scores really strike me more than lots of other music. Perhaps that's because it's designed to affect emotions?

Philip Glass' music is great too. I especially like his work in Kundun - it's quite different than any other music I've heard.

08.30.2008, 03:33 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
CARAMELLDANSEN!!!

You have got to be kidding me.

Check out my music:

08.31.2008, 02:46 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ arren

well it's the most influential music that i've heard....
some of the songs are though.

08.31.2008, 08:12 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyavi
L'arc en ciel
An Cafe
Dir en Grey
Cheer Chen
Fiona Sit
Dolly
Ghibli music (Joe Hisaishi)

all sorts...... couldn't name them all lol like so many bands. Mostly forein to English stuff

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

09.04.2008, 08:09 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

everytime i listen to the followig i get shivers down my spine:

Rage Against the machine
Radiohead
ACDC

09.04.2008, 10:04 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, two people have mentioned Rage Against The Machine? I'm surprised. Not that there's anything wrong with them... it's just that however politically powerful their music might be, it's hardly moving or anything. Unless anyone would like to prove me wrong?

09.04.2008, 11:28 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

no but it's moving the world in the right direction.

09.05.2008, 12:07 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks