QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Poem/Writing/Art
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Poem/Writing/Art Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Poem/Writing/ArtPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey guys! So I though I'd start this thread where people can share poems or stuff they've written or stuff they've drawn.

Just thought I'd share with you this poem I wrote:

Night and Day

Slowly, silently, the moon creeps up into the sky
Riding the night in her silver chariot
Watching over the land
Animals are asleep, even the trees do not stir in the wind
She sees the squirrel in the tree,
The fox in its den,
And the deer in the bushes serenely sleeping
The moon takes one last glance,
Then wearily leaves the sky.

The sun rises,
Shining its dazzling rays,
Giving off warmth to all creatures and plants
The birds are chirping,
The leaves are rustling,
Every animal wakes up to the sun’s blinding rays
Slowly, but surely the sun travels across the sky
And disappears
The night falls, and everything is quiet,
And the moon comes back again.

Here's another one:

The Mystery of Mermaids

Blue is the water of the sea and ocean,
Turquoise of the southern seas,
Cobalt and indigo, the color of waters so deep and distant,
No human has ever witnessed before.

Down in the dark waters of the mysterious realm of the ocean,
Fish abide, and there are mermaids.
If one was to believe, then they could envision them.
The mermaids with the translucent webbing between their fingers,
Their skin becomes iridescent in the moonlight.
Their long, silky hair, an aqua-blue wavering in the wind.
Their tail a midnight blue, swimming powerful strokes,
Giving them a streamlined glide of a porpoise.
Swiftly diving, swimming, jumping,
In and out of the water.

Mermiads have many special trinkets,
Rings, a circle of abalone shell, a circle of oyster shell,
And shells where you can here your best friend from
Wherever you are.

But amidst all the trinkets, hopes and desires,
A mermaid’s last wish is always for her children to swim free…

And another one:

True Friends

True friends are forever,
for friendship wraps itself around the heart.
True friends are the friends that
smile at you,
love you,
care for you,
give words of wisdom to you,
and will always be there for you no matter what.

Hope you liked them! Any feedback is welcome!

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

07.19.2006, 10:54 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really like your True Friends one...it's so sweet, it sounds like one of those poems that you buy in card shops that are little laminated cards to give to the people you love and they put put them in their wallet!! (I put that really badly, but it is a compliment!) I really liked it, it was heartfelt and touching.

Night And Day made me think of Princess Mononoke, especially the first verse when you talk about the animals!

Well done Sun!!

07.19.2006, 11:24 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, i'm writing a novel, because i want to get a degree for writing. It's called Apple Tree, just about two best friends who end up becoming they're enemies, fall in love, and some other "spiritual" stuf... bla bla bla..

07.19.2006, 11:28 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol i got like 10 poems i wanna post, so i'll post one of my recent ones

The disturbance of 2tall’s sleep

2tall

I’ll get some sleep today; for I could not sleep last night
I was relaxed in body; but my mind was in fright
I was worried about the others; what do they think of me?
It’s obvious they hate me; they treat me like a flea
I wondered what I did to them; what they took offensive
I wonder what I did to deserve it; I must always be defensive
Fuck because I’m different; tell me somebody who’s not
I hate them more than they hate me; I hate the ******* lot
I hope The Lord can cure my sin; cure me of this hate
Both of that from others; and my own mental state
I wish I had a friend; someone I could truly trust
I had some friends a long time ago; they’re gone like metal to rust
They even miss me; my old dear friends I haven’t seen for a while
I hope they don’t replace me; with somebody that shares my style
I wonder If the hatred will end; so my mind will keep
I hope my mind becomes peaceful; so I can get some sleep

cheers

07.20.2006, 03:27 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm working on and posted some photography and digital art on photoshop...

adding them to my deviantart.

http://mpw3d.deviantart.com

pls check it out.....

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

07.20.2006, 04:32 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow everyone here is really talented, here's the start of a story.

He could hear his heart beat slowly in his ears, he could feel he blood pumping from his slit wrists, verything was blurred in a red haze. darren lay slumped against the living room wall, bloody wrists by his side, a pool of dark red began to surrond his already numb body. A bloody knife lay near him, its blade glinting in the dull light. Everything was silent apart from Darren's ragged breathes. he knew he had to eliminaye the emotional pain by conteracting it with the physical, but at the cost of others; especially Daniel's. The thought of him made darren regret what he had done, but his wife was the problem and the fact that he loved Daniel made it worse.
A new wave of dizziness hiy him, he could feel himself slipping closer to oblivion. An escape to another, better world. Just a few more minutes of this excruciating numbmess in his boduy and everything would be fine.
Suddenly there was frantic punds on the door and choked sobbs.
"Darren! Darren open the door please don't do this!"
F*** it was daniel, wyed he come, why now of all times.
When Darren didn't reply the pounding became more and more insistent, it sounded like Daniel was tearing the whole door down. Then it burst open, Daniel's bloodshot eyes roamed widly round the room.
"Darren!?" he called, before he noticed him slumped against the wall,lying in an ever increasing pool of blood, his eyes half closed, breathing very shallow and harsh.
"No! God no!" he screamed rushing to his side, tenderly holding him while the tears flowed freely.
Darren seemed so frail, by the loss of blood, like a lifeless doll as Daniel stroked hos hair.
"...Why...why are you here...Dan...?" Darren asked in a faint whisper trying to look at Daniel.
"To save you..." he whispered back through his tears "...to save you from this maddness."
"Please Daniel...leave me...a....alone." his voice was becoming frighteningly lower, and Daniel had to bite his lip to stop himself from screaming.
"It's alright the ambulance is on it's way." Daniel said taking his shirt of and tying it round his friend's wrists to stop the flow of blood.
"Am...ambulance? i don't want a..."
"Shh...you'll be fine just hang on"
2But how...?"
"I knew from the moment you left the bar early and finding your doors and windows locked, what was i supposed to think?"
"I've been a...a bad, bad man...Daniel...i don't deserve to live..." he was rapidly losing conciousness.
"Dar...?"
There was no response , his eyes were closed and he didn't seem to be breathing.
"Dar...Darren!" Daniel couldn't fight the fresh tears that fell as he clutched his best friend to his chest.

sorry for it being so depressing, but i'm kinda stuck as to what to write next.
speak soon.
xoxo.

07.20.2006, 05:07 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howell, that's stunning... I'm actually lost for words. Perhaps I was touched so much by the fact that you've used my name, but I feel as though you've flung me against a brick wall with your words... There's actually a knot in my chest somewhere (not literally, obviously)...

I was going to post a poem I wrote, but compared to your short story Howell, I'd be embarrassed...

Sunchaser, am I wrong to suggest that your mermaid poem is a metaphor for someone who feels apart from society and is looking at life, hoping that their children can join in with the cycle of life, whilst the mother cannot? Perhaps she is in prison, and life outside is like watching mermaids under the surface of the water...

You know I love your poems, Thug, go on, post another, please? the thing I especially like about this one is how each line is broken in two, and the sense of rhythm it has.

Good luck, IluvHowl with your novel

mpw3d; I had a look at your deviant art, and I love 'day and night', with the tree, everyone look at it, it's great.

Well done everyone!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 07.20.2006, 05:44 AM.

07.20.2006, 05:36 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

phyrra you should post the poem, i garantee it will be good. and yes mpw3d's art work is fantastic, good luck to everyone who enjoys witing poetry, stories, songs and art you're all fantastic i'm sure.
xoxo.

07.20.2006, 06:09 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mpw3d
i'm working on and posted some photography and digital art on photoshop...

adding them to my deviantart.

http://mpw3d.deviantart.com

pls check it out.....

Dude, good work as always, but in all seriousness, Dark Birds is really good...I mean REALLY good! Is it just a photograph you took, or have you played with it on adobe? Either way, it's really impressive. The birds are so dark, that they look as if they're not real birds, but bird shaped holes (you know, like how the monolith looks in 2001 A Sapce Odyssey...was it a black stone, or a dark doorway?!) I didn't put that very well, but needless to say, I am very impressed!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 07.22.2006, 11:04 AM.

07.20.2006, 09:11 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i did do abit of edittin to the birds but once i turned the lightin level in PS they were mainly black anyway

but cheers for the good comment appreciate it XD

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

07.20.2006, 09:56 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Thought i'dadd a short poem.
Finding the light
Darkness everywhere, all around
An endless void of emptiness
But I don’t lose faith
I know there’s a light somewhere
A light that will guide me back
It’ll take time but I’m willing to wait
Destiny will show me the way
I keep an image of you in my head
It gives me strength to carry on
I know you’re waiting for me
I can sense it, so I follow my senses
I start moving through the darkness
The sense gets stronger the deeper I go
There’s a faint glimmer of light in the distance
It’s blinding, I feel weak
Butt I can’t quit, I keep going
Life’s too beautiful to quit
The light gets stronger and so do my senses
That’s when I see you smiling, you’re arms outstretched
I run to you enveloping you in a deep, comforting embrace
And I know that I’ve found the light and I’m safe

07.20.2006, 10:13 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
phyrra you should post the poem, i garantee it will be good.

If you say so ...

I rarely write poems. This was actually an entry to a poetry competition for Word Poetry Day. The topic for this year was "The Future" and the rule was to write a poem in less than 30 lines about "The Future"... I won first prize... don't you just love people who brag...

Well, here it is;

He rides onwards,
Darting through thoughts which
We have not conceived.
Hooves trampling across robes of evil,
Lucifer has yet to don.
Slicing through aspirations to which
Man has yet to adhere.

Unwillingly he halts and looks back.
A reel of dates left unwound
As an obituary to the past.
Like a silent Emperor,
A fleeting memory,
An ephemeral dream.
He glances onwards to
Years not yet created.

New thoughts to be fabricated,
New evils to be fashioned,
New aspirations to be engendered.

A voice slashes through the cloths of his thoughts.
And he rides on,
Chained to creation as another asset,
God chose to make.
A prisoner of fate,
A choreographer of destiny,
A palpable secret,
The future.

What do you think, hope it lived up to your expectations, Howell

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

07.20.2006, 12:12 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

can i just say wow. phyrra that's totally amazing. It one of those poems that holds a secret, but i can't figure it out?
Love it, very tlented.
xoxo.
ps don't brag too much

07.20.2006, 12:51 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
ps don't brag too much

Sorry! ...

Ah well, I really wanted to make a poem that personalised the future. Hopefully giving an impression that our desire with 'knowing the future' isn't all it's cracked up to be... The future is simply a tool of God and creation, racing before us, yet suffering...

...and if the future is suffering, then what lies in store for us??

07.20.2006, 01:25 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the comments!

Everyone is so talented here! I love all the poems and stories, and your pic is wonderful mpw3d!

Okay, so here's some other ones for you all to read. I have like a book of poetry I wrote, it was a school project...took so long. It was quite annoying...but I'm happy with how it came out.

Just so you know, this one was a "series of lies" poem. I'm not really that knowledgeable. Heh, this is somewhat weird....

Knowledgeable

I wish I were not so knowledgeable.
My wonderful mind brims over with wisdom
Filling my head with understanding.
I am so smart, people come to me from near and far
To have me help them with their problems.
I visit king’s and queen’s palaces to offer them advice.
And just for fun,
I go to schools and teach the students
About making good decisions.
If I was to die early,
People would wear black for 3 years
And relentlessly cry and mourn for me.

If I were in charge of the WORLD…

If I were in charge of the world,
I’d cancel poverty,
People’s misfortunes,
And also injustice.

There’d be
Peace everywhere,
Religious freedom,
And food for all.

You wouldn’t have people abusing drugs,
You wouldn’t have high gas prices,
Or destructive weapons,
You wouldn’t even have cigarettes.

War,
Would be vanquished;
All people would be forgiven;
And a person who makes mistakes, and sometimes
Doesn’t realize it
Would still be allowed to be
In charge of the world.

Horses

Mustang
Proud, strong
Trotting, cantering, galloping
Running like the wind
Rearing, whirling, jumping
Fierce, free
Horse

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

07.20.2006, 08:49 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a couple of lines of mine, this is a rap, from the song i wrote strange reflections

Fed up with visualizations/ Of hatred/ Don’t wanna dream of another murder/ In which nothings sacred/ Every single type of different torture/ I’ve inflicted unto others/ Or my self, or other peoples mothers/ Gotta take cover/ As I sleep through the cover/ Darkness wat a coincidence/ That I sleep at night/ & leave no evidence/ But my subconscious/ Will die wen I make up through all this/ & have it be reminded of by/ Some idiot/ Who wants to go & try/ But don’t press your luck/ Because if I remember the reflections I will make you scream/ From just mental torture/ I’ll have you suicide/ Run to insanity/ Now we both suffer the same disorder/ But I won’t kill myself, you will/ Go & jump of a bridge & let ya guts spill/ but don’t let any no lil kids see/ cuz then they’ll probly turn out just like u & me seeing..

07.22.2006, 12:10 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Cheers

Do not drink that drink!
Don’t even open that bottle!
Pouring my ******* life down the sink!

I know I’m killing brain cells
I think I’m already schizophrenic!
I’m going towards an early grave, I know the perils

It’s knowledge I might OD tomorrow
I ******* know I might pass out & die
But I need release from my sorrow

I will ******* die at 43
I might die drunk today
But I’ll take my chances with OD

I might be ******* crazy
I am so ******* paranoid
My every memory, even yesterday is hazy

If I don’t die of suicide
I choke on my own vomit
But at forty I WILL die

I’d rather take my chances with 40 and vomit
Than kill my sober self
Fuck reality, heres to my release from it

Cheers

cheers lol (that other cheers is the last line of the poem)
(and i realise i swear a lot)

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 07.22.2006, 12:14 AM.

07.22.2006, 12:13 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

this poems pretty violent lol, probably the most violent thing ive ever thought up

The 2tall Masacre

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Pull a stunt on me I’ll pull a knife on you, and I’ll cut your wrists
You better be paranoid, I’ll come from behind, won’t need fists
I’ll carry you up the stairs, throw you off the top floor
So you land in front of your friends, put you through hells door
When your friends look up, I’ll be gone down the hallway
I saw you jump in suicide, I tried to save you but you said “go away”
“Let me jump” you said so I did, the strangle marks wasn’t me
But if you know me you’ll know I killed him, the look on my face of such glee!
Dam all your gangster friends know I did it, tell them bring on the fight
Oh it is exciting to see them all burn, the cocktail behind my back set them all alight
Oh look my arms on fire, it was accident but they had the lighter
We was just mucking around, having fun splashing petrol around
Then somebody threw it on a cigarette, that’s why the charred bodies where found
At your families funeral it will rain, fill your grave with water
So I’ll drown your family in it, you Mother’s sons and daughter
It wasn’t me as they all fell in, they couldn’t swim
Like you where, your entire family was dim
It will be know as the 2tall massacre, more deaths than in a cyclone
And every funeral with your last name after that, they’ll know who broke their bone
It was me, I admit it, know I have done with my sin
I did it all I’m done, it wasn’t you that would ever win

07.22.2006, 12:17 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

wat i think of everybody elses stuf:

Sunchaser: the mermaid one didnt really interest me, but the True Friends one i liked. Your a good writer, and as shown in Night And Day your pretty good at describing stuff.

Mpw3d: that **** is tight! & is that really you in the mpw3d picture?

Howell: That story was so awesome, i wasnt gonna read, then i di, then i couldnt stop reading it

Your poem wasnt as good as the story, but still good

Phyrra: I get the fealiing that that poem was written about something really deep in your mind, apart from the actual subject. I like the metaphor of it.

Sunchaser: If you was in charge of the world, with nobody abusing drugs, could you make me an exception? lol gammin. your poems was easy to follow, i like complicated ones about emotions & stuff like that, really deep poems, so your poems arent exactly my faverite lol, but they was allright

cheers

07.22.2006, 12:34 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK I've never written poems in my life, so I'll take advantage of the "art" portion of this thread. Here's a picture I drew a long time ago (sorry, not very good at drawing people either):

07.22.2006, 12:46 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks