QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Message board reminiscing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Message board reminiscing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eventually, I'll stop coming here. The thought pretty much depresses me...

My reasons; I want to be able to pursue life without any open ends. And I find my computer addiction is lessening more and more as I'm progressing slowly towards a murky goal. Lately, I'm consumed with figuring out the beginnings and ends of certain musicians, and find myself learning more about people as a whole and individually, but still upset with myself. I wonder why I'm so stubborn and childish at times. It makes me feel hated.. but by what?

My mother is against messaging boards and whatnot. It's a bit odd, when I think about it after experiencing it for so long. It feels nearly troublesome. The only person who keeps any connection with me online and all times is my friend Sarah. She's the only one who I communicate with on a regular basis, like close friends would. But she's not a part of here, only somewhere smaller.

It kinda seems crazy, the thought of leaving here, but... I don't know yet.

02.02.2010, 10:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, sorrry TeaMaster, I couldn't have answered your poll... it didn't include WOH...lol

NC... hahaha I love you, "New kid on the block" eh, lol...

I was past 45 yo before a lot of you all were born, I think...lol BTW, have I mentioned lately that I'm now 63...

I love Ghibli and I love the Tavern and the people in it... I've made a lot of friends in here and I cherish that, thank you....

one of the first things that I do when I get up in the m orning is go online, read some comics and check in at the Tavern. Same thing when I get home from work, except no comics at that time...

I get antsy when I'm away and can't get online for a day or two... frustrates me when i can't see my Tavern...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.03.2010, 08:31 AM.

02.03.2010, 12:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must send Mushka an e-mail. She's vanished since about October. I know her university life was busy but... I'd just like to know she's ok.

Yes I think the Tavern was 'made' by a group of like-minded people all meeting together at a critical moment; one of those interesting points in time and place where something good happens and chaos theorists would have a great time explaining it and saying "See? See? I was right!"

After that chance mass of inertia got the life of this place buzzing we stayed together for a good while but then drifted apart - university kept a few key people busy, teen life occupied others, adult stresses took some more... I hardly come here now because I've other worries on my plate and the inspiration to write or post just isn't there. But as Fen said, I do still come back and there is something comfortable and homely that draws me.

And since that key mass of people drew away there haven't been any significant newcomers to keep the momentum going. As Theowne and Miyyru say, it was the in-depth discussions we had back then - mostly on Ghibli but also on other subjects that allowed us to get to know each other and become comfortable with each other - to become friends - and that set of friendships was what made the RPG work so well. Almost all the people who joined it after it had been running a while drifted away again but the original core kept going, for something like two years which is an incredible time for an online RPG to run.

I understand what you're saying Kaz. I think most teenagers struggle with one thing or another - or several things - and I don't wish to come over as smug but Miyrru is also right; it will pass and you will sort stuff out and mature and have a new perspective on things as the years pass. But for now? *hugs*

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.03.2010, 08:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, we could discuss about our problems. You know, open an "Aunt Agony" thread of sorts.

You know what, I think I'll do just that.

*clicks New Thread button*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.05.2010, 10:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are you the new Auntie then, Roar???

I know, I know, jus' funnin' witrh ya...

02.09.2010, 12:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I miss missing this place.

02.19.2010, 09:02 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
husky51
The Old Guy

Hi Loscil... ltns,
thing is, even if you only come by once in a long while,I'm sure that there will be someone here to talk to or post to, rather... I think we'll be around for a long, long time....

good to hear from you...

02.19.2010, 09:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Loscil

We miss you! How've you been?

02.19.2010, 10:22 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Loscil

We miss you! How've you been?

Good, I guess. Too busy for my own good at the moment.

But I like what I'm doing, so I guess that too much of something I like is still better than none of it. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much about everything as much.

I envy the people who can just not care about a project, or are fine not bothering with an essay now and then.

I'll be a little more free in 2 weeks, let's see if I can pop in occasionally then.

02.21.2010, 02:38 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm... I've been here for nearly two years. Jeeeeeez.

You know, when I first joined, I was kind of an idiot. Oops. XD

It seems like this place had changed a lot over time, at least since I've been here - although I guess I'm still kinda a newbie, despite the two years, but I still feel like one. Oh well.

Tavern = win.

03.06.2010, 05:39 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki You know, when I first joined, I was kind of an idiot. Oops. XD
Do you remember why you changed your name?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.06.2010, 11:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I looked and found where Kiki mentioned why 'Kiki' was part of her name, but it is hard trying to read a conversation from just one point. You can see the answers, but the questions???? and from who?... lol

03.07.2010, 12:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roar
Yes. I didn't like how much space it took up when I was the last person to post things. XD

... And then I had that gigantic yellow cat avatar.

It's a good thing I changed it. XD It was really... dumb.

03.07.2010, 03:51 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I can't remember... no smart aleck remarks, now.... but what was your original user name????

03.07.2010, 04:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was, if I do remember correctly: Gigantic red bow (kiki), or pretty close to that.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

03.07.2010, 06:34 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
It was, if I do remember correctly: Gigantic red bow (kiki), or pretty close to that.

young whippersnappers with their fresh memories..... lol

03.07.2010, 09:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru

young whippersnappers with their fresh memories..... lol

Hey I love my memory, its iron clad, and that sticks out as the most unnecessarily long username ive ever seen on here.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

03.07.2010, 10:08 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Haha, it was gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}. XD

I was basically really excited because most places don't let you have cool symbols like { } in your name. And I was trying to be original. And failing.

But yeah. It was definitely unnecessarily long and definitely unnecessarily dumb. XD

03.08.2010, 01:34 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

But we loved ya anyway...especially when you shortened your name.... lol

03.08.2010, 03:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Lol, I didn't even remember that part. I only remembered that her name is ias it is now because she keeps adding "Yay!" to the end of her every post.

Should jolt some memory cells, husky?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.08.2010, 11:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks