QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
At the very least, NC, I hope that you got a bit of a chuckle out of it to ease your pain a little...

hahaha, now waiting to hear from the other one, lol

great highlights for me... lol

EDIT: page did it again (21 this time) interesting...

EDIT again: OK, now this IS weird... I edited to mention that the page did it again and my original post was at the bottom of P.20. When I edited it, it came up at the top of P.21!!! and the original was still at the bottom of P.20

lets see where this one ends up...

EDIT 3: ok, same place this time...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.17.2008, 01:34 PM.

05.17.2008, 01:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Of course I missed you! Idiot! It's been really quiet round here. You had a good time I take it? And I'm pleased to see you back safe and sound.

Thanks, I'm glad about that! And even though I was called an idiot (sob..) that made me happyful.

@Husky
I am back! And I know that you're happy about it!

05.17.2008, 02:05 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight of today/yesterday: Eurotrip planning. Its 2 years away and Im so pumped. Cant wait to spend a month over there.

Lowlight: Camping got cut down by a day, so that sucks a little, but still not too bad.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.17.2008, 02:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

highlight: pancakes.

lowlight: kaz's news of dgm. WHY CANT AUSTRALIA HAVE DGM GOODNESS?! WE NEVER DID ANYTHING BAD, YET WE GET SUCKY STUFF, IF WE GET STUFF AT ALL!
though this shouldn't matter as i read dgm online.....BUT IT STILL SUCKS!

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.17.2008, 08:06 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hee, I bought a Korean manhwa called Forest of Gray City. I like Korean manhwa now a lot. ^^ The cover art really attracted me with Bum-Moo Lee on it and then Yun-Ook Jang on the back.

I woulda bought Adventura but I was too attracted to tihws one so I go that for my sister. There were a lot of guys at the anime story and when we came in they all stared. O_O Y'know, that's the one creepy thing about that place, they all stare and laugh at me. But I out beat them. XD

05.17.2008, 08:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: An exceptionally yummy milk shake made out of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia and listening to awesome music.

Lowlight: It-is-so-hot. I mean, there are times, at least there were earlier, when anyone said anything and I nearly yelled at them. It's also the fact that I just got back from an incredibly awesome camping trip for five days and I miss it... and someone... nevermind! OK, I say nevermind too much... but anyway, it is far too hot! Nintys! Agh!

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 05.17.2008, 09:57 PM.

05.17.2008, 09:56 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Temp outside right now (7:09PM is about 95 to 100 degrees Farenheit... supposed to reach 104 on Monday... and it ain't even summer yet...

05.17.2008, 10:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

damn you all! its cold where i am...sigh...
btw, thats a lowlight.

05.17.2008, 10:19 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Early morning high/lowlight: Was dreaming that I was at the local race track (which has yet to be built) and I was driving a Daihatsu Charade (which I have yet to own). It was raining and was waiting my turn. I managed to squeeze my wayto the front. The race started and after a few corners, the Impreza beside me tried to block me off and... and... and...

I woke up Darn phone was ringing.

05.17.2008, 10:22 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I keep waiting to hear about Kiki's camping adventure... 4th grade, wasn't it???

@harms...

Remember this poem...

As a rule a man's a fool.
When it is hot, he wants it cool.
When it is cool, he wants it hot.
Whatever it is man wants it not!!!

Edit:
reason I edit so much is because I'm usually correcting spelling or punctuation... call it oldsheimer's disease

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.17.2008, 10:26 PM.

05.17.2008, 10:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

that doesn't apply to me; i always want it hot, even if its too hot i want it hot. i hate the cold.
end spammage.

05.17.2008, 10:25 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

highlight: enjoying the nasty, vicious hot weather here in Southern California, near the desert... kinda, sorta anyway...

05.17.2008, 10:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

@Harms
Ah! How can you say that? It's really, really hot... agh, I haven't wanted to do ANYTHING at all today except for laze around and hardly do anything... yay!

05.17.2008, 11:25 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@KIKI...

And think about sitting in a nice, icy cold river, right???

highlight: dyas almost over, sitting here in tee shirt and shorts doors open, fan on full, thinking about getting out another one. definitely have to have one in the bedroom tonight...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.18.2008, 12:27 AM.

05.18.2008, 12:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

FUNIMATION GOT THE DUB LISCENCE FOR D.GRAY- MAN!1!!!!11!!!!!11!!!1111!!!11!!!11!!1!!!111!111111!!!11!!!!11!!!!!111!!!1! !!!!!!!111!!!1!!!1!!!111!!!1111!!111!!!11!!11!!111!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!11!!!!!!! !!1111111!!111!!1111!111!
needless to say im glad a good dub company got it and not someone like *gulps* 4kids.
right, im going to go party with my otaku friends. see ya.
oh god oh god please let vic monogna be lavi...

05.18.2008, 12:18 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
FUNIMATION GOT THE DUB LISCENCE FOR D.GRAY- MAN!1!!!!11!!!!!11!!!1111!!!11!!!11!!1!!!111!111111!!!11!!!!11!!!!!111!!!1! !!!!!!!111!!!1!!!1!!!111!!!1111!!111!!!11!!11!!111!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!11!!!!!!! !!1111111!!111!!1111!111!
needless to say im glad a good dub company got it and not someone like *gulps* 4kids.
right, im going to go party with my otaku friends. see ya.
oh god oh god please let vic monogna be lavi...

Uh, harmony, can we make the assumption that this is your highlight... hmmmmmmmmm! lol

05.18.2008, 12:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

@Husky
No, at the moment I am thinking about the fact that I love nighttime! IT's so darn cool at the moment!

New Highlight: Evening.

OK, now time for everything that happened on my trip... lucky you, you get to hear about it! Highs and lows!

day one- Highlight: I felt incredibly hyper just before I left and I think it was after the fact that I realised that "Yay, I'm on the legendary adventure trip!". that I became so hyper. I began to run around and sing loudly and I skipped... but I wasn't the only one feeling so darn hyper! A couple others joined me!
And we left! That was sad because... ok, his name is now "What's-his-Name"... What's-his-name was there, and then I had to wait for about four hours till we got the campsite... at least there was the fifteen minute lunch!
Anyway, my next highlight came when I was able to talk at length to What's-his-name. As usual... yay! That was incredibly good. And I also got to play badminton and unleash my skills at badness. Hahaha, I pity the person on my team...
Oh yeah! Even though I was sad about the car ride at first, I had quite a nice time of staring out of the window while everyone else in the car stared at a laptop screen and watched a movie. A couple of times my head was turned towards the movie, haha. And then I got accused of daydreaming about... someone... anyway, it was quite nice to stare at all the scenery. I seem to be enjoying it a lot more lately!
Lowlight: At night. Snoring. Very loud. I thought that it was impossible for someone to snore so loud. At least I had the big tent! Well, it wasn't MY tent, per se, but...

Day two- Highlight: Community Service for once wasn't so hard. We had to sweep off a bunch of dust from the path towards a waterfall. And I got a pretty pic! Anyway, it allowed me to talk to What's-his-name about an anime... Sergeant Frog again... yay! Until i was left... and then I wasn't left... yay.
Later more speaking to the person... yeah, that person... alright, talking has the ability to make my day incredibly highlighty! Yeah. That was good. And then I was called a coward, but not seriously by What's-his-name. It was because I hadn't baffed (where you use a foam sword and sword fight with someone) with him yet. I said that it was because I didn't have a chance to. And then he didn't believe me!
OK, later there was a very fun game of prison break. Yaaaaay... it was fun!
Oh yeah! And then we went up to this place with some snow for a hike! The hike took four minutes. But there was snow~! Oh yay, it was quite a lot of fun to throw snowballs at people! Yaaay! Later we went on an actual hike by an amazingly pretty lake. Ah, so pretty! I got to talk to... him... more again. About random things. After I wasn't attempting at keeping up with an incredibly fast walker, i was able to become really really slow again and enjoy everything! A thing that anyone expecting to take a walk with me should know- when I'm thoughtful (which is always) I walk slowly that a walk that usually wouldn't take that long would take me an exceptionally long time because i think as I walk... I appreciate everything... its great@!
Lowlight: Baaaaaaaad mistake. I wore my hiking boots for the first time ever. My feet weren't so used to them... it wasn't that bad, but not good either. I regretted it a tad, needless to say.
Oh, and relieflight!: Earplugs! No more snoring for me!

OK, I am done writing for now... and you don't have to read all that... but because I am going to feel like it sometime I'll write about days three four and five tommorow. I like writing about it- it helps me remember.

05.18.2008, 12:44 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice vacation journal, very cute, you sound like a fun person to know. What's-his-name sounds like he might like you too. Glad you had a good time, this sounds like a youth or class camp then, not a family event. I thought you were going on a family holiday when you first mentioned it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.18.2008, 03:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. It sounds like you had lots of fun.

Yay! xD

05.18.2008, 05:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ harms..hmmm scott mcneil is a good voice actor to though, and he's australian ,

HL: stuff happened and i played army of two, ate out twice today for breaky and lunch and human beings rock the world , literally taken for the people of the water world.

05.18.2008, 05:19 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks