QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you doing right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you doing right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  214  215  216  217  218  219  220    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching the delayed Olympics. My heart went out to runner Uceny in the Women's 1500 meter. Almost in the same place as last time, it appears that she was tripped up again...

08.11.2012, 01:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Making some karaoke tracks in Audacity~.

My Anime List

08.11.2012, 12:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am terribly sick and have so much to do around the house today.

I just want to cry.

08.11.2012, 12:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Big Hugs, FFF... hang in there...

Watching the Womens cross country biking, now on their fourth lap... France, Germany and USA: 1st, 2nd, 3rd... so far.

08.11.2012, 01:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Almost 2:30AM and I'm watching the Olympics closing ceremonies... Some I like, some...meh but definitely colorful... Spice Girls are up now... I particularily liked the John Lennon tune and the "Pinball Wizard', even the Candy man... Of course, that was my time, ya know... lol

And Eric idle ws funny...

3:30AM and it's over...At least the recorded presentation that I saw a part of...

Good Night...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.13.2012, 06:32 AM.

08.13.2012, 05:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Venting some rage on DeviantART.

My Anime List

08.27.2012, 03:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

AT or ON deviantart??? Wha happened???

08.27.2012, 04:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

On DeviantART. Some people can't take legitimate criticism, and if there's one thing that incenses me beyond belief it's the phrase "it's my style".

It's fine, I enjoy it really.

My Anime List

08.27.2012, 05:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually the answer to that is "your style is wrong."

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.27.2012, 06:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL I get asked to critique people's work sometimes. I can't easily lie and although I'm extremely honest, I hate hurting peoples feelings. But the blunt part of me always reigns through.

"It's awful". Then they get butt hurt...

08.29.2012, 10:11 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Mm. And personally I hate it when I see comments on some awful pieces like "aw its amazing ur rly talented xox!!". That does nothing whatsoever but stroke the artist's ego and tell them they have nothing to improve on.

No. If their anatomy is terrible I will politely tell them so and point them in the direction of some good tutorials, and they can accept that, contest it, or brush it off. The third one tends to get them thoroughly chewed out though.

My Anime List

08.29.2012, 10:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Actually the answer to that is "your style is wrong."

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Mm. And personally I hate it when I see comments on some awful pieces like "aw its amazing ur rly talented xox!!". That does nothing whatsoever but stroke the artist's ego and tell them they have nothing to improve on.

No. If their anatomy is terrible I will politely tell them so and point them in the direction of some good tutorials, and they can accept that, contest it, or brush it off. The third one tends to get them thoroughly chewed out though.

These words seems familier oh i see i said those in the matter of dress sense and art. pfftt....

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.29.2012, 12:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I am so worried if my textbooks will be in my room when I get there... I might have a panic attack otherwise. Also, I don't like how they brush off your parents (the students don't, but some adults there do). I'm not yet accustomed to making my own decisions without permission. I was raised until now to never do anything without permission.

But then again, some parents are just... agitating. I really hope this will be a good year. I can't help but feel panicked and frantic.

08.29.2012, 10:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

We all have these panic attacks to some degree or another...

"Did I turn off the back yard sprinkler before I left for work?"
"Did I close the back window before I left for the weekend?"
etc., etc.

These are normal... Some times they are not a problem... (most cases) and sometimes you get to learn a valuable lesson...

I forget your age offhand, I think it is 18, but you are starting on a whole new life now, different from anything that you have ever experienced before. You are an ADULT! You make your own decisions, most good, some not. And, again, this is normal. Adulthood does not come with an owners manual like a new car. You can only go by what you have been taught or have figured out for yourself. If you are really stumped, and you have time, you can ask a trusted resource, a parent, a friend, a counselor, etc.

The one thing that you can think about is that billions (literally) have gone through the same thing themselves. Not everyone is fortunate enough to reach this point in their lives, you are blessed in that respect. Regardless of whether you think that you are ready or not, your time is here. With a fair amount of luck and skill on your part, we may well be reading one of your novels in the future. Or you may, in your new life, even find something else that is more appealing to you as a career.

Yes, life is not an easy path, but I have confidence in you. You will weather the storms of life.

(edited spelling)

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.30.2012, 12:54 AM.

08.30.2012, 12:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aww, thank you, Husky!!! TTATT I know I will be fine. Now I know someone else who is going (although I've never met or talked to her, she's the daughter of my mother's coworker and a year above me. Our motherrs would like us to be friends) so I DO feel a bit more relaxed, even with what I put in brackets. I'll make friends.

I like having this gift from my boyfriend so I can walk around campus and talk to him on camera. XD I'm excited for that, and I can introduce him to people. They'll probably think "WTF is that girl doing? O.e". Pfft. He's been a major support in me, as well as you guys.

08.30.2012, 08:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51 Adulthood does not come with an owners manual

Dont you think the Religion Books[Al Qur'an , The Bible etc] as manuals for life.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.30.2012, 01:44 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Only for the faithful, Saviour. Only for the faithful. That, and even they don't tell you everything.

Right now I'm watching more Elfen Lied.

My Anime List

08.30.2012, 01:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Not a bit of it, really. There are so many different interpretations of the Bible and the Quran and other religious works that I find them meaningless. Sure they CAN be a good guide for life, but too many people turn the teachings around to accomadate their own agendas, and that is a shame.

Me? I try to treat others as I wish to be treated myself. I have nothing against religions, just not for me, thank you. I have been told by many that if I don't practice THEIR religion, then I will go to hell. OK, so be it. I'll find out when I die, won't I. Personally, I think that I will die and decompose and that will be that. I will leave a legacy of children and grandchildren behind to carry on as they see fit with whatever teachings that I have been able to give them.

I do not want to get into a religious discussion here, because I think it is pointless. I won't be changing my viewpoint any. If you wish to follow and believe in a religion, then that is your perogative, enjoy.

====================================
I enjoyed Elfen Lied, but it did seem a bit big in the bloodletting dept, eh?

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.30.2012, 02:12 PM.

08.30.2012, 02:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Not a bit of it, really. There are so many different interpretations of the Bible and the Quran and other religious works that I find them meaningless. Sure they CAN be a good guide for life, but too many people turn the teachings around to accomadate their own agendas, and that is a shame.

Me? I try to treat others as I wish to be treated myself. I have nothing against religions, just not for me, thank you. I have been told by many that if I don't practice THEIR religion, then I will go to hell. OK, so be it. I'll find out when I die, won't I. Personally, I think that I will die and decompose and that will be that. I will leave a legacy of children and grandchildren behind to carry on as they see fit with whatever teachings that I have been able to give them.

I do not want to get into a religious discussion here, because I think it is pointless. I won't be changing my viewpoint any. If you wish to follow and believe in a religion, then that is your perogative, enjoy.

====================================
I enjoyed Elfen Lied, but it did seem a bit big in the bloodletting dept, eh?

I agree with you Husky (mostly).

I'd like to think that I follow Gods Laws pretty well, but I don't listen to preachers and as a rule, I do not like any religion. I'm not going to try and change anybodies minds to think the way I do... I'm nice to people who stop by my house (even Jehovah's Witnesses), but no ones going to change my views. They can think I'm wrong and Damned, but then they would just be proving my point-which is-here on earth, we are not the judge... The Hypocrisy thats what really gets me!

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

Post last edited by Mokiepoet on 08.30.2012, 04:21 PM.

08.30.2012, 04:19 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That's one thing nice about the area we live in, Mokie. We are able to believe as we wish and cannot be punished by the law for believing as we wish...

I feel for the poor girl in Pakistan that i read about in a number of different news articles. 11 to 14 yrs of age (not definite), the girl reportedly suffers from Downs Syndrome and mental issues. Supposedly, she was burning pieces of paper for heat when a righteous neighbor saw what she was doing. According to the snoop, the pieces of paper had verses from the Quran written on them. Blasphemy, he cried and the girl was still in jail, the last I heard, facing a possible death sentence. Her family has had to move out of their home because of possible vengence by their neighbors...

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not capping on the Moslem faith, not in any way. My own daughter and her family are Moslem.

Look at the Westboro Baptist church in Kansas. According to them, it is God's (theirs) Will that American soldiers are killed. Why? Because of America stand on homosexuality... And they (parishiners) go to soldiers funereals with signs and words expressing happiness for that soldiers death as God's punishment. Can you imagine how the soldiers families feel?

My point is, ANY RELIGION can have its crackpots and, unfortunately, that is what the general public sees as representative of that religion, mostly because that is what the media reports and that is sad, because most religions are generally passive.

08.30.2012, 07:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  214  215  216  217  218  219  220    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks