QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Random Boredom Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Random Boredom Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
sounds like a cool day.. but whats the point in it??
Ps, how do ya get your dvds in finland?
(I mean animes, does finland have a anime community?? just wondering )

Post last edited by Loscil on 11.02.2006, 01:51 PM.

11.02.2006, 01:51 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cujo
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's about charity. We work for about 10€. Then we take the money to school and the school donates it.

How do I get my anime?
There is one small store that sells Ghibli anime films, they're pretty rare.
It's about 200 km from my hometown so I cant get there very often.
Last time I was there I bought Kiki's delivery service and Whisper of the heart.
I'm not sure if I should buy Porco Rosso...
Downside of it is that none of them has finnish subs.
But the english ones are just fine.

11.02.2006, 01:59 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
you sound like your good enough at finnish to me...
I got a question, I have this shirt, and it says something on the back, and no-one knows what language it is.. I figured out, the only language it could be is finnish (or some made-up shit). On the front it says "CRAZY SEX IDIOTS" (in english).. If I take a pic, will you be able to translate (If it is finnish)..?
P.S: BUY PORCO ROSSO!

11.02.2006, 02:07 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cujo
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SURE! Send it over!
heh, I guess I'll buy it next time I get there... Seems to me that people like it alot.

11.02.2006, 02:09 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
so.. heres the front :

and now... the mysterious back:

P.S: bout Porco.. its really good, but its not like Mononoke or Nausicaa or anything..
Its more like Totoro.. not so big! (Just telling you coz I know people who went in with wrong expectations, and ended up not enjoying so much... )

11.02.2006, 02:17 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cujo
Warawara

Gotta tell you, I dont think that means anything. There are some finnish letters like ä and ö but none of those mean anything... There are some short words like ''hoi'' (=hey)
but it really doesn't make any sense.

11.02.2006, 02:23 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
I did think so, there are some words with nearly no vowels at all: "ikjlkj"..
It always seemed a bit weird to me, but as I like the front (as it describes me so well ), ill continue wearing it!!

11.02.2006, 02:28 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cujo
Warawara

Yeah... maby it's some weird language that nobody knows...

11.02.2006, 02:32 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Loscil
Baron

YO!
HA! maybe... maybe not.
FLEH!

11.11.2006, 08:16 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've gone insano...
Why must I like Nekzawa and Fai?
Neko-chan scares the pants off most
people, and Raymus says it's emo,
what the heck does that mean..
Now I'm bored and should turn on
the tv to watch war stuff due to it's a
holiday today here in Canada.
*gone to look for Beelzenef..*

11.11.2006, 10:05 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

happy veterans day. 8]

11.11.2006, 05:57 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, its rememebrance day over here, and long live our last 3 WW1 vets, only 3 left of the worst war thats has been suffered through(WW2 was bad to but WW1 takes the cake). two 106 year olds and a 105 year old. last one to die gets a state funeral, cheers to them guys!

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.11.2006, 06:13 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
nanafan
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

both of my grandpas are considered vets one served in africa in ww2 and my other grandpa was in europe during the korean war? i think..

11.11.2006, 06:16 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow, thats quire the military family history, i think my great granddad, may have served in WW1 cause he came over to canada in 1900, im not to sure on that far back of my family tree, hope yourt grandpa's have a good remembrance day and many more.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.11.2006, 06:18 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
nanafan
Totoro

thanks unfortunately my dad's dad is not alive anymore.. he died last year, but my mom's dad is alive. i wonder if they will show war movies today..they usually show saving private ryan. good movie.

11.11.2006, 06:23 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yep, we played a song from the end of it to honor a canadain who went to my high school, he died in the summer, at only 21, its a real shame, but we had a nice ceremony, rest in peace man...

Click for Gallery^^

11.11.2006, 06:29 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool. Did you do anything for Rememberance Day or whatever it's called where you are?

Here nobody really does anything much.

My great grandfather was in Gallipoli. And he was shot in the head, and the army was about to bury him with all the dead bodies when somebody saw his arm move.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

11.12.2006, 02:58 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
continue. sounds interersting.
cool story..

11.12.2006, 05:34 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanafan
happy veterans day. 8]

I thought Veteran's Day was a different thing? Oh well, I've probably got it wrong.

Anyway, at school we had the ceremony a day early because of it being on a Saturday.

11.12.2006, 07:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We had an assembly on Friday too but I couldn't go because I had a drama exam that started at 8.25am.

11.12.2006, 07:50 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks