QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  668  669  670  671  672  673  674  675  676  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

12.06.2019, 01:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kicking the day off with a lowlight: as it stands it looks like the British (mostly English) voting public have chosen very badly yet again.

12.12.2019, 07:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Kicking the day off with a lowlight: as it stands it looks like the British (mostly English) voting public have chosen very badly yet again.

Totally agree

Feel for you Arren and all young people in Britain. It's unfortunate that you will pay for the mistake of older generation.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.13.2019, 07:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The result is extremely disappointing. It seems people couldn't think about anything but Brexit after all, not seeming to realise that they'll have to live with this awful government long beyond January.

My only solace is how well the SNP did in Scotland, strengthening their position even more. I trust them to look after us.

HL: have some new work, translating web pages for quite a large travel agency sort of company. They're just trialling me at the moment, but the work looks well within my abilities so I should get more soon.

Also, I've got an interview next week for an internship in Japan I applied to a little while back. Trying not to get excited because even if I pass this one, there's another round of interviews afterwards... But I'd really love for this to work out!

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 12.13.2019, 09:06 PM.

12.13.2019, 09:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Let's see if this works...

私はあなたのためにベストを期待しています...

12.14.2019, 01:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky... think I fluffed that interview though. One of the interviewers suddenly switched to Japanese and I just went deer-in-headlights. Stuttered out some reply that probably wasn't even what she asked, couldn't think of the words for anything... Ugh.

Damn it. >_<

Well, that's my LL for the day.

My Anime List

12.16.2019, 06:59 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can definitely relate to that. I remember giving a very lame answer back when I did the JET CIR interview.

Best of luck anyway, though. You never know how it might turn out.

12.16.2019, 07:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Who knows, your mind may have registered the words spoken and given a reasonable answer anyway! Stranger things have happened under pressure... Also, wasn't the job for written translations? The oral question may have been to see how you would react and your reaction may have been more or less expected...

Regardless, wishing you the best of luck...

12.16.2019, 03:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks guys. :') Still a bit disappointed in myself, but I'll stay hopeful that I didn't do as bad as it seemed.

And I have a HL! Just a couple of hours after that interview this morning, I got an email from the JET Programme inviting me for an interview with them in February! So that's exciting. Although, the fact that that interview is apparently mostly in Japanese has put serious fear into me given how things went this morning... I really need to get some conversation practice in.

My Anime List

12.16.2019, 09:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Thanks guys. :') Still a bit disappointed in myself, but I'll stay hopeful that I didn't do as bad as it seemed.

And I have a HL! Just a couple of hours after that interview this morning, I got an email from the JET Programme inviting me for an interview with them in February! So that's exciting. Although, the fact that that interview is apparently mostly in Japanese has put serious fear into me given how things went this morning... I really need to get some conversation practice in.

Is it the CIR interview? I didn't do that one but my best friend did. Although she did hers in America it probably isn't overly that different from what yours will be like. She ended up being shortlisted as an ALT with special privileges that allow her to do translation work for her city since they couldn't afford both an ALT and CIR. Her level is only around N2 (I don't think she's passed the JLPT for it yet) but the interview went mostly alright! My city has six JET CIRs.

12.24.2019, 06:04 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks for that FFF, that makes me feel a bit better. I did put on my application that I would like to be considered for ALT if I don't make the cut as a CIR, so I could be in the same situation.

HL: was told yesterday that I'm through to the second round of interviews for the internship, so that first one must have gone a bit better than I thought! ^^

My Anime List

12.24.2019, 12:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

That might put you in the very same position I was in. I ended up going with a backup choice instead because being on the JET waiting list meant I had no idea when I would get a chance or what that would really entail. If you do find that you're not really happy with how the interview goes, it might be worth having some other options.

12.24.2019, 02:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha if you end up shortlisted as an ALT maybe they'll give you the other high school position in my city. For real though, I'm hoping they'll place someone good. I don't have much of a relationship with the current ALT for several reasons. I'd love someone I can share food with since we'll live in the same building as neighbours. lol

Merry Christmas~!

12.25.2019, 09:14 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.25.2019, 02:39 PM.

12.25.2019, 02:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Long time no see, everyone! I haven't posted on here since my freshman year of high school, and I'm now a senior, so it's been a hot second. I still pop in and out just to check up on this place. I've been working on my college application essays, and my NYU essay is about Hayao Miyazaki, so I decided to come back for a stroll down memory lane. I'm glad to see that you're all still mostly doing well

HL: I'm on winter break right now, so I'm enjoying my Christmas presents and spending time with family. I started collecting records a few years back, so I'm spinning some new ones today that I got for Christmas.

12.29.2019, 03:38 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
I started collecting records a few years back, so I'm spinning some new ones today that I got for Christmas.

Oh, THOSE kinds of records... I was thinking things like the record for the "most hours of consecutive watching of Ghibli movies" or "Longest toenails" or"the most vinyl records", things like that...

But I saw by that last part of your quote that you're going for things like "spinning the most dishes on a stick at the same time" or "the most turns while spinning like a Whirling Dervish", etc...

Good luck in your endeavors...

=============================================

Flare, it is really a pleasure to see long ago members checking in now and then and I'm sure that many, many of them do the same as you. I'm not an admin or anything like that, but it would be fun that if and when past members (long ago members?) stopped by, that they would post just a few words about how they are doing, etc, like your brief about school and collecting 'spins'...

Again, it was good to see you...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.29.2019, 05:10 PM.

12.29.2019, 04:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: finished a subtitle translation assignment. This should be the last practice before I get real ones going out to clients, so I hope the end result was okay!

01.03.2020, 12:47 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a new year good news from studio ghibli as per ign

anyone here please care to do a good translation

http://www.ghibli.jp/info/013207/

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.03.2020, 01:50 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Well, one thing I did NOT notice the first time I read that post is that apparently they're working on two new film productions. I don't know what that would refer to, but it's intriguing for sure.

01.03.2020, 04:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

For what its worth, here is the Google translate...
==================================
Greetings from New Studio Ghibli

Congratulations to all of you. 
Thank you for always supporting Studio Ghibli.

Last year was not a bad year for Studio Ghibli because it was possible to provide topics to everyone through the stage production of Kabuki and other works, the official announcement of Ghibli Park, and active overseas development. I think it was. However, disasters such as typhoons and heavy rains in Japan are continuing, and it is painful to think that there are a lot of people who are forced to have a hard life even at this time. We would like to express our sincere condolences to those affected by the damage, and pray for the rebuilding of our lives as soon as possible.

By the way, the zodiac sign of 2020 is "child". Rats are symbolic of their prosperity because of their prolific production, and are also said to be the angels of the god of fertility. I hope that the mood of the stagnating society will be renewed and that we will have a year of hope.

Studio Ghibli continues to work on two new films. Also, Ghibli Park has started in earnest, so we hope to be able to deliver a lot of excitement this year.

The first job of Studio Ghibli in 2020 is Monday, January 6th.
Thank you very much for Studio Ghibli and Studio Ghibli this year.

01.03.2020, 08:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  668  669  670  671  672  673  674  675  676  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks