QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Talking to it doesn't really seem to work. Also... well, I'm not all that sure it's dangerous. Karin said something... something about it being good. I didn't believe her, but maybe..."
Uh…Eh? Karin?

“Karin? Karin Fubi? Who was outside yesterday? Oh…!”

The penny dropped.

“She was talking about her brother wasn’t she? I can’t remember. What did she say? She said…” I tried to remember but my mind was being pulled about like toffee, it wouldn’t work properly.

Something about…

…cancer…

My hands suddenly gripped his shoulders hard. I stopped peering around him and drew my head back. I stared at his back for a moment.

Then rested my forehead on him.

Oh, no…

“Do you…? Are you… unwell?”

11.02.2007, 05:58 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Suddenly it all changed. It wasn't crazy anymore; it was totally serious.

quote:
“Do you…? Are you… unwell?”
How did that happen? I tried...

Tried to avoid it? You sure did.

I'd rather have...

Don't make excuses for yourself. You never intended to say anything. This is the only way.

I turned to face her and took her hand. Yes. It is the only way.

"I don't want to talk about it in front of everyone else. Can we go outside first?"

No other option now.

11.02.2007, 06:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I followed Kazuo as we all went to the roof.
When we got there and people settled, I sat on the floor near the main group, but far enough away to be more of an observer than taking part in the upcoming conversations.

I was intrigued if there would be some real information going on here and not all the speculating and romouring that had annoyed me a little.

11.02.2007, 07:34 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I followed the others up to the roof, and watched Icchan curiously. In my short experience with him, any sort of contact implied some sort of business to take care of. Did he have any new information?

Kazuo was with us, and with him, was another person I had never met before. I thought to introduce myself but he had seated himself rather far away, so I postponed doing so until the opportunity presented itself. I looked at Icchan, wondering what exactly he wanted to say.

Post last edited by Theowne on 11.02.2007, 10:09 PM.

11.02.2007, 10:06 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

“Oh… hi… ha…”
Then a nervous smile. And then I did it...I asked her to have lunch with me. Or perhaps it was for me to have lunch with her. Either way, I wanted the earth to open up and swallow me the next second. She kept walking and I felt unsure as to what to do. Anger...anger is what a normal person would be feeling...That thought crossed me mind. I should be feeling anger, shouldn't I? She just completely ignored me there. I know I should leave with what little pride I had left...I know. Maybe you've just gotten used to being kicked around, Hikari...I thought to myself.

But feeling like an idiot, I followed her. She probably has somewhere to be...she doesn't want you around. It was so obvious and I felt so pathetic that my lungs suddenly constricted. Breathe. Fushida's face suddenly penetrated my mind. Why are you thinking of her... I knew why though. She had been different...for some reason, with her, my pride never ran away, rather, it multiplied by tenfold. Somewhere inside me, I had decided that I wouldn't lose to her. I wonder why...And Kawahara-kun's face swam to the surface of my mind. Ah, right. That must be why.

Then, out of nowhere, her voice cut through my thoughts. I had figured she was just going to go off where ever she wanted so her voice took me by surprise.

quote:
“Oh, hai! I’m Ameashi Natsuba but please call me Na-chan, everyone does, although my brother Kiro calls me Tsu-chan for some reason, but then that’s dopey younger brothers for you isn’t it? I think they just do things different to everyone else just to totally annoy you and even so I don’t really mind but anyway, how do you do? Ha! I don’t talk much anyway, I’m very quiet, like now.”
What she said, took me by even more surprise. Stifling the laughter didn't help. It bubbled out. Didn't talk much, huh? Then, realizing that I was being incredibly rude, I swallowed the rest of the laughter and said hastily, "Oh, gomen! I'm not laughing at you...just err, nice to meet you Na-chan. It sounds like a lot of fun...having a little brother, that is. I have...none. Yeah, none. Being an only child is no fun." I slowed down my heart beat. I had almost let it slip there...all those nasty thoughts I had about my only older brother. Something about Na-chan...I couldn't figure her out. She seemed so quiet and shy and then all of a sudden she was talking about her brother and petnames really fast.

And then, bam! She was talking about lunch.

quote:
“Oh, yes, lunch, I’d like that, mine is in homeroom so we’d have to go back there, gomen, but after that we can go anywhere you like, once this week I went and sat on the benches by the pool, it smelt a bit funny coz of the chlorine but it’s nice there if the boys are swimming, so there’s lots to watch, ah, if you understand.”

"Heh, the boy I've got my eyes isn't here today sooo, I think watching a few others in swimming trunks is just what I need along with lunch," I said cheerily. And then, again, she apologized for not talking enough and being boring. Laughing again, I said, "Don't think too much about that. I'm used to silence...besides, you've been talking fine until now and I'm not bored at all." So, I let her lead us to the classroom where we both got our lunches and then outside to the pool.

11.02.2007, 10:28 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now this just feels wrong.

"Oy, you, don't be a stranger. Join the group."

I caught sight of Hasumi looking at me. "Ey, if we invited them, we might as well eat together, right? No point breaking into groups, not with so few people here."

"So, Kazuo-san. It must really suck to be Akuri's 'favourite' student, eh?"
I said, drawing the quotations around 'favourite' with my fingers. "Don't worry, we're all behind you if you need us. Both mentally AND literally," I added, chuckling.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 11.03.2007, 12:08 AM.

11.02.2007, 11:59 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I could feel the warm clammy air moving my shirt collar and touching the skin of my face, arms and legs. The colour of the inside of my eyelids was a steady bright blanket meaning the sky was overcast but bright, no parade of clouds to dull the tone down darker every few moments as they transited the sun.

Casting shadows.

Drat it! Cut it out with the shadows will you?!

“Humf!”

Inside my eyelids Kazuo-san’s face swam into view. I considered it for a while. I suppose that if you really thought hard about it, it wasn’t that pretty, that handsome but it had something about it that wasn’t anything to do with the hair or eye colour. There was something behind the face, inside that head. That was what I found captivating...

I let my thoughts flow on...

11.03.2007, 03:43 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
"Oy, you, don't be a stranger. Join the group."

What? I only just met him, we hadnt even talked.
Where the hell did he get the right to talk to me like that?
Still, I didnt want to be as bad as him so I moved forward a little.
I was now at the edge of the group as supposed to outside the group.

The foreigner continued to talk and I had the distinct feeling that he was the kinda guy who thought he was cool. Making "snazzy" remarks and chuckling at this and that....

I open my bag and took out my bento and juice and started to eat.
I was planning to enjoy my food and watch.
Dont speak unless spoken to.

Post last edited by Loscil on 11.03.2007, 06:10 AM.

11.03.2007, 06:10 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
..Ayami..
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I felt the atmosphere change like night coming down, it became cool.

Oh… you are unwell… what with…?

He turned partly round and took my hand. At any other time I’d have felt joy at his touch. Now it seemed… distant, like nothing at all.

quote:
"I don't want to talk about it in front of everyone else. Can we go outside first?"
I stared at the floor then at my untouched lunch. Well, untouched by me. No way was I going to eat it now. I didn’t want to catch anything.

“Hai. Of course. Anywhere you like.”

How unwell are you?

11.03.2007, 06:32 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We got to the pool. There’s raised bench seating here a bit like bleachers round the baseball pitch but indoors. I guess the whole school can sit and watch swimming competitions when it’s the sports festival. We sat down and began to eat.

She talked about being an only child but seemed very nervous and hesitant. Jumping like a scared rabbit. Maybe her family life wasn’t a happy one? But I wasn’t going to pry. I wouldn’t want to and wouldn’t know what to say anyway.

We were quiet for a long time and I began to get uncomfortable.

You can be silent with someone and it’s nice then another time with someone else it’s not. I don’t really understand it. Well, we were total strangers I suppose. If we got to know each other a little it would get better.

I just needed to think of what to say.

Instead I sat and watched three boys doing practice dives over and over again. They were senior years and nice to look at. Muscular. And lean. And wet. Hmmm…

I looked around us. There were one or two other groups of girls eating lunch here too.

Ah, I see, a regular haunt for some people… I smiled. Then she brought up the very subject I was thinking of.

quote:
"Heh, the boy I've got my eyes on isn't here today sooo, I think watching a few others in swimming trunks is just what I need along with lunch,"
“Oh, so who is it you like?”

Finally, common ground. Yes, let’s talk about that. My favourite subject of the last year or so, possibly even before that. I took another mouthful of rice and watched another sleek back disappear into the water…

11.03.2007, 07:22 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
“Hai. Of course. Anywhere you like.”
It's strange to think that this would've been easier if nobody cared... I guess this is just how it has to be.

We walked out into the corridor (What do I say now?) and headed in the direction of the doors. That awkward silence had returned, and it was even worse than before.

I could still feel the shadow's presence, but I couldn't look. It's not a good thing at all. How can it be? This was going to be very difficult.

Post last edited by arren18 on 11.03.2007, 10:30 AM.

11.03.2007, 08:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lunch had started and I was bored.

I didn't know where to go, so I thought: roof. Get a good look at the sky and relax a little. I noticed most of the class take off, important business, guess I am not involved, as usual.

I reached the roof and opened the door, had my eyes shut for a second and walked a few feet out and then I re-opened them, and there was a crowd of my class sitting.

"Gomen, I uhhhh, whats all going on? Did I miss a memo or something? My entire class is sitting on the roof..."

I didn't know how to continue, so I had a deer in the head lights look.

11.03.2007, 09:01 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

And then Seisaku walked onto the roof.
This could become interesting. As expected, he walked up to our gourp and inquired upon our little roof party.
Being that I was the one who knew him best, and the one closest to him, having sat myself a little apart from the rest, I answered.

"Shadow talk. Everyone's got some info and now they're all sharing it and seeing what the get out of it. Im guessing you could join

I gave the groupa look in case there was an obvious sign of dislike.

"Hey everyone, this is Seisaku-san. We met the other day, he sits near me."

And then I added, just to him, in a lower voice.

"I didnt bring anything to the table either, so dont worry."

11.03.2007, 10:13 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AKURI SENSEI

The boy tried hard, I'll give him that. As hard as an innocent fifteen year old boy who thinks he's immortal can try.

quote:
"I understand the need to keep these strange things contained and that news of them splashed across the tabloid press could destroy the school’s reputation.”
I snorted at him, interrupting his attempts at self-justification. I stood up and went over to him, my face in his face. "The school's reputation? It's reputation? Do you really think, child that I give a damn about the social standing of this dump? If that was all that mattered I would go right to the Japan Times offices today. I'm not going along with the headmasters instructions so that he can carry on his pathetic little empire-building games. I go along with it for very different reasons."

Then he managed to blurt out some more things about it not being fair or the school's business...

I straightened up. He was still so innocent about all this. I suppose it’s nice, being ignorant of the approaching storm. No-one believed Noah either did they?

“Look at me child!” I snapped. He obeyed. He might be a rebel but at least he wasn’t stupid, “You have no idea at all what is going on here. None. And I regret to say that I’m in no position to tell you. And that isn’t for your own safety, it’s because I just can’t trust you. There are things going on that… well, believe me. You don’t want to be involved in.

“Now you play at being the good student and do as you’re told, and I’ll play at being the nasty stupid ignorant teacher who knows nothing and you keep your head down and your nose clean and you and I will get along fine. But rock the boat young man and things can become quite unpleasant. For a certain young lady who I think you might have… concerns for. Am I right?”

I saw in his eyes that I was. Well, well, well, that was a useful lever. So he liked Shadow Girl, eh? He was giving me the tough guy act, the hero, but under that veneer he was paper thin. I yanked that lever, hard.

“You wouldn’t want to see her come to harm would you? Because she could. If news of this gets out she easily could. What would they do to her, hm? Ever see the movie ET? Ever wonder what the government does with these 'interesting paranormal cases', hm? She would make a very pretty testing sample and that's all she would be. And she’d disappear and you’d never see her again.

"I don't want that. You don't want that. And I'm pretty sure Takako Aoi doesn't want that. Let's not give anyone cause to take her into uhm... 'secure observation custody' eh?"

I straightened up and turned to look out the window.

"Yes, I'm well aware it's not fair. No-one asked the Mihariban to do what they do, they just waltz into someone's life and do it. That's unfair, but your girlfriend is stuck with it and so are you and so am I. And this crappy school and it's stupid headmaster. And if you think that questionnaire was nothing to do with the school's business..."

I turned to him again.

"Then you'd be right. Right on the nail. It isn't. And that's why the school didn't ask the questions. Someone else did and you don't need to know who."

I fixed him with an icy gaze and could see him becoming very uncomfortable.

Then I told him a few more things, mostly of little real value to what I was doing but enough to put the icing on the cake as far as frightening him went. Then with a repeat warning about not going public and doing what he was told I let him go.

11.03.2007, 10:22 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

We walked down the stairs to the locker area and got our outdoor shoes on.

Then when he was done I went back to him and held his hand again. I held on tight and squeezed. I felt like if we let go now it would all be over, we’d never work out what needed to be worked out.

Then I had an idea. I led him down the steps, looked for traffic outside the school gates, crossed the road, along to the mall and into the café. I sat him down and ordered two sandwiches, two cream buns and a pot of green tea for two.

We sat in silence while lunch arrived.

The waitress finished serving and went away. In the noisy lunchtime café no-one could over-hear us.

“Now this time, tell me. I am sick of you running out or me running out and I’m sick of crying. If you’re going to drop dead of plague tomorrow just tell me. If you hate me and never want to talk to me ever again then tell me. If you love me then tell me that. Just tell me whatever it is and let’s go from there.”

I reached a hand out across the table and put it on his.

“All right?”

I didn’t smile. I just wanted this to move on.

11.03.2007, 11:22 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I was reminded forcibly of the previous afternoon: being steered along randomly and ending up at that cafe again. As we left the school grounds, I could feel the shadow disappear, but then when we entered the cafe it was as if something else was attaching itself to me.

It's called guilt.

After having been here only once, it already made me feel like everything was going to go wrong again.

Ah, but everything goes wrong anyway, regardless of where you happen to be.

As a plate of food arrived, I saw it but didn't feel hungry. If anything, I felt sick. But I was determined to do what had to be done. I'd made my decision.

Then she spoke to me. I couldn't take any of it in. It was as if I could no longer comprehend normal speech, now that everything in the world seemed so strange. So I just answered the question I needed to answer.

"The other day... I, er... I found out..." It would seem I couldn't use language any more than I could understand it. I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I have throat cancer. My parents thought I should take time off, but I... I didn't want to. I hoped I wouldn't have to tell anybody about it. And about the shadow: I don't know why it follows me or what it does, but I don't really believe that it's here to help.

"So that's it. I know I was really stupid yesterday, today too. Maybe I was right to run away. Maybe you should have given up on me."

Like you already gave up on yourself?

11.03.2007, 11:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Icchan
"So, Kazuo-san. It must really suck to be Akuri's 'favourite' student, eh? Don't worry, we're all behind you if you need us. Both mentally AND literally."
Well, tactful or not, that was nice. I smiled bashfully, staring at the ground, my ingrained diffidence not allowing for eye-contact. "Arigato." I muttered.
quote:
Originally posted by Takeo
"Hey everyone, this is Seisaku-san. We met the other day, he sits near me."
I'd looked round when I'd seen the boy approaching. Seisaku-san huh? "Hajimemashite." I said automatically. "I'm Satomi Kazuo." What is with me today? Since when was I this forward? I guess... maybe it's just because he's Takeo-kun's friend.

11.03.2007, 12:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We reached the roof and sat in awkward silence for a few minutes. The boy that had come with Kazuo-san had seated himself apart from us and I felt uncomfortable. I hoped he had not been dragged along because of Kazuo-san. Just then, Icchan broke the silence and called the boy over. It was a rather gruff invitation to join us and he didn't bother to introduce himself to the boy either. Isn't that just like him? I rolled my eyes mentally.

The boy moved closer but did not introduce himself. Not that I blamed him...but still. I looked to Kazuo-san to do that for us. Nothing there either. Boys.

A moment later, another boy joined us and I hoped this wasn't going to be a repeat of what had just happened. There was no need to worry though, as Kazuo-san's friend introduced him right away as Seisaku-san and mentioned we were discussing the Shadows. Following Kazuo-san's introduction, I said, "Hello. My name is Tanaka Mai. Nice to meet you Seisaku-san."

He looked a little lost so I added, "Yes Shadow stuff but you're very welcome to join us. Actually, we've been throwing around the same old ideas around for a while, it might be nice to hear what someone else thinks about this all... I trailed off and looked at the faces around me.

They were all boys. Feeling a bit out of place, I wished Aoi-chi was here. Where was she anyways? Maybe Sadoru-san knew...

This sudden bout of shyness was strange new experience but maybe not that strange. They were all practically strangers after all. It was a relief to see Yuichi's face among the others and giving him a small smile, I went and sat back down next to him, closer than I had been sitting before.

There, I knew that would make me feel better. Enough for me to quickly fill in Seisaku-san about what was going on...which basically meant explaining, we had no idea what these Shadows were, other than healers, and that we were trying to find out more about them. Then, to everyone else, I said, "So, um, the reason we wanted to get together had something to do with the Shadows. Icchan, you still have that note on you? Maybe Kazuo-san, you could explain this better?"

The note...The more I think about, the less sense it makes. Hopefully Kazuo-san can shed some light on it.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 11.03.2007, 06:26 PM.

11.03.2007, 02:08 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

quote:
“I have throat cancer…”
Ah.

Ah, now I understood. All the hiding and running and ducking and weaving. The silences and the awkwardness. Because he didn’t want to hurt me. Or was he just afraid of facing facts? I wasn’t going to judge. It didn’t matter.

quote:
“I know I was really stupid yesterday. Maybe I was right to run away. Maybe you should have given up on me.”
I merely looked at him. I let a slight smile cross my face.

“Maybe you should eat your lunch. And drink your tea. Maybe…” and I glanced up out the window, “…it’ll brighten up in a bit and we can go for a walk. The river’s up here a bit. I know it very well.”

Strangely enough I didn’t feel like crying at all. I felt relief. He’d been honest with me. For that I felt honoured, I felt trusted. If he could place his trust in me it meant he had feelings for me. And if this boy had feelings for me then the battle wasn’t over. It just meant we could now fight it together.

I looked back at him, “So eat up. Come on quickly. Then let’s go. Maybe... I have a hand here that needs holding.”

11.03.2007, 02:26 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I sat down and nodded and introduced myself to everyone. It was good to know more people than just Maho-san.

I guess there is a communion of souls on shadows, that had a nice ring to it in my head. I still felt apart from what ever this was, but I wouldn't have minded being in the centre of it all. That was what I wanted. I wanted to be the person who had the rules of the world bend around. Ahh... well keep dreaming.

11.03.2007, 02:32 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks