QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Poem/Writing/Art
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Poem/Writing/Art » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it's depressing, I'm not reading it so soon after watching Whisper of the Heart. Which means I probably won't read it for another week.

EDIT: actually, I decided to read it after all (and it's very good!), since I came up with something depressing (and weird) myself. So here's mine, which probably isn't good:

All of these things that go through my head
Would it make me less of a man
To hope for things
That any real man
Would instantly understand?
Don't be sad
When you're abandoned by your friends
Because in the end
It's all just pretend
And the only thing we can truly comprehend
Is being alive
But life tells us lies
The same lies
We despise
All of these thoughts that go through my head
Do we ever stop living?
Are we already dead?
And at last
I relax
And go off to bed
And I lie there awake as my mind goes to shreds

Post last edited by arren18 on 10.23.2006, 06:33 AM.

10.23.2006, 05:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey arren, that's good so it is, real good, makes me think about a few things in life and what thoughts run through everyones head everyday.
It's weird i always find writing depressing, sad, angry stories and poems easier, i can't write happy things.

10.23.2006, 08:02 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I find depressing things easier too... but generally when I do something happy instead, it turns out better that depressing things...

10.23.2006, 08:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like to come up with depressing poems, but if I
do and come back on here, I may sound gothic.
I'll try making one up after. Not good at poetry, I
am better at writing stories, novel-sized!!
Good poems on here so far!

10.23.2006, 09:17 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
we had physics homework the other day, and when we had to hand it in today, it turned out that some people didnt get it, so he spent alesson explaining it.
i, who had done them (and got them right) was therefore bored, and started drawing a comic! After starting I realised, that it was probably the most reandom thing that had ever gone through my head..
If you want i can try to scan it and post it after i finish it tomorrow...
im pretty **** at drawing, so dont expect anything...
Actually.. thereas a cat and a pig in it, the pig looks like when miyazaki draws pigs, like in blackmans wimpy.. (only a little.)
So.. raise your voices, and i will try to scan + post it!

10.23.2006, 05:05 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Arren, good poem. end was good.

jrr: post ur comic, amd i will post a picture i drew in art (not for art, but while the teacher was talking)

cheers

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 10.24.2006, 04:41 AM.

10.24.2006, 02:51 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
mpw didnt say anything about a pic.. you mean me???

10.24.2006, 03:07 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i didnt say mpw lol

cheers

10.24.2006, 04:41 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i managed to get abit of digital pop art down to day in my spare time this is what i manged to come up with:

i think it still need work done to it but not sure at moment... probably have another go 2nite.

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

10.24.2006, 12:39 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
I tried to scan on my mac.. didnt work..
i finished it now though... most random thing ever made!!
If I get time, ill set up my scanner on the pc and see if i can post it..
@thug... dunno why I thought you said mpw.. pretty weird

10.24.2006, 04:07 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

we all have our moments JRR

cheers

10.25.2006, 02:59 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
I just saw hat you had edited that post...
Are you sure that you didnt say mwp and then change it to piss me off?

10.25.2006, 03:53 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mpw3d
i managed to get abit of digital pop art down to day in my spare time this is what i manged to come up with:

i think it still need work done to it but not sure at moment... probably have another go 2nite.

That's cool. Looks like fractal stuff.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

10.25.2006, 10:47 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
yeah youre right, it looks really good in big!

10.26.2006, 03:19 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I made a new sig
It's inspired by Snakebite's Totoro sig

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

10.26.2006, 12:00 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
Its cool!!
wait - do you have the same on twice?? =

10.26.2006, 12:22 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is just a pic i doodled on my history portfolio...lol i'm not used to the whole manga/anime thing, so don't laugh...lol

10.26.2006, 08:18 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't worry, I won't.
Pretty cool. I just started drawing
anime(not manga) this summer.
I'll poste my pictures as soon as
I can, okie dokie?

10.26.2006, 08:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked your poem, arren 18. Depressing is sometimes more honest. It depends I supose.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

10.26.2006, 10:13 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
pretty good, especially the guy on the right

10.27.2006, 03:06 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks