QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Arts Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Arts Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100    »  ]
Sharix
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.20.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sharix Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Arren18
I had some Miyazaki-esque flying machine in mind when I began sketching the zeppelin, but I don't think I managed the "style" properly. Goliath looks more deadly. Guess I need more propellers xP

Now, watch out as I unleash the oldest and most senile hunter of the plague the world has ever known!

03.31.2011, 02:47 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like the hunters sharix, reminds me of masked men in an old runescape quest.

03.31.2011, 04:25 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahhh, those are so awesome Sharix! You're going to be making a graphic novel?

Hopexx-- I really like that Nausicaa drawing.

03.31.2011, 11:32 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
[I]Hopexx-- I really like that Nausicaa drawing.

Thanks

04.18.2011, 03:06 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Sharix
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sharix Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I picked up my tablet and actually used it. This is my first coloring with a tablet, and my first successful colored picture as of yet. Both of these characters belong to an awesome webcomic known as The Meek. http://www.meekcomic.com/2008/12/27/chapter-1-cover/

04.28.2011, 05:12 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whoah, Sharix, that is amazing!!!

Behold... Ghibli doodle dump~!

05.07.2011, 10:51 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Sharix
Tanuki

Gave another shot at the tablet and drew this thing here. I thought it was kinda cute Might color it later.

05.14.2011, 06:43 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
Sharix
Tanuki

Now also in color

EDIT: Changed some of the errors Saddletank pointed out.

Post last edited by Sharix on 05.19.2011, 02:40 PM.

05.15.2011, 12:05 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OH, WOW!!!

The color gives it such life..... and a good story in the pic as well, no words needed... lol

05.16.2011, 01:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

My drawing style generally goes for black and white, i have some pictures that i will post later when there up on the computer.

05.19.2011, 07:02 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great picture Sharix though if I may suggest - try working on the shadows and shading, the underside of the boat still looks 2-dimensional. Changing the perspective of the planking as it curves will get you a more 3d effect as well.

Here:

http://www.boneyardboats.com/archives/00...ry_Portside.jpg

Look how the planking appears to get narrower as you go lower on the hull. This is because the hull curvature is tilting the planks away from you and foreshortening them in perspective.

Planking also always runs the full length of the hull in clinker-built boats .

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.19.2011, 11:09 AM.

05.19.2011, 11:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Sharix
Tanuki

Thank you for pointing that out, Saddletank
To think I didn't notice those obvious perspective errors.

Anyways, I took the characters from the boat picture and developed them more. I will make a comic series with them.

Post last edited by Sharix on 05.19.2011, 06:23 PM.

05.19.2011, 06:17 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woahz!! I haven't checked out this thread in a while. Friggin awesome Sharix! Keep it up.

I totally need to start drawing again... NOW. I don't care if I have to lock myself in a room with a piece of paper. But, it's been pretty bad. I haven't drawn for MONTHS. Mostly, because Santa delivered a drum set to my house last Christmas, and since then, it has been my main hobby. But, I really want to draw again... so ******* BAD. But, it's like there are too many things I want to do in life at once. Draw, drum, write, act, travel the world and do it all! I am realizing that doing it all is just really hard.

Well, anyway I'm gonna go ahead and post some of my more recent art... (which isn't really that recent at all) lol

Ginko pic
Creepy Thing
And my most recent...

Check out my music:

05.28.2011, 11:14 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Sharix
Tanuki

Went on and painted without line art this time. Could've gone worse. :B

Post last edited by Sharix on 05.31.2011, 09:02 AM.

05.31.2011, 09:00 AM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sharix that art is awesome! I'm genuinely so impressed, I love the way you draw all their different expressions, you can really tell exactly what they're thinking. So cute!

05.31.2011, 11:35 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is fantastic stuff. I love the two characters you've created they are both full of wonderful personality.

You should get a website and start up a web comic.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.31.2011, 03:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Sharix
Tanuki

Thank you for all the positive replies, guys I am actually planning on making a webcomic.

For this next image, well, I didn't have much to do, and it's not going to DA, so I'll just throw it out here for the sake of it, haha.

06.01.2011, 03:30 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Made me laugh. Great stuff.

06.01.2011, 07:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Sharix
Tanuki

I feel like I'm spamming this thread :C
I'm sure there are other great artists here in the tavern. Show your mangy hides!

Did something bright and happy for once, haha. Was very refreshing to do.

I also made a Nausicaä pony for the sake of it.

06.09.2011, 07:21 AM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very good, I like the Nausicaa one, lol

As for the spamming the thread, I don't believe that you are. It is the Art thread and this is art... I haven't heard anybody complain yet, except yourself, of course...

Keep up the good work...

06.09.2011, 08:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks