QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Suggestions
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Suggestions » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
bmn
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.11.06
  Suggestions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bmn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:18 PM.

06.05.2009, 05:34 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
matthew.
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watch "My Neighbour Totoro" and forget you even wrote this post =]

06.05.2009, 06:01 PM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
oldwrench
Warawara

Registration Date: 02.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My sister in-law is a nurse, who has worked in the ER, she's seen many attempts, none of them are painless and none pretty.

There is nothing in this life that is bad enough to warrant suicide. All things pass, and all things change. You can find friends here who would be happy to help any way we can. Look for the bright side of life and we'll help you find it.

Totoro is good, so are a few other Miyazaki films. Sounds like you need something uplifting, Whisper of the Heart, and The Cat Returns are good too.

06.05.2009, 11:14 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh gosh no! Don't do that! D:

Life is harsh, yeah. But there are lots and lots of good parts. Oh gah, I sound dumb...

But still. That's NOT a good idea. I mean, for awhile it'll feel sorta like there's absolutely nothing good left that's worth living for, and then somewhere, out of the blue there'll be something that's absolutely positively beautiful or amazing, and really, suicide will feel like an awful choice.

06.06.2009, 02:30 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
bmn
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bmn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:18 PM.

06.06.2009, 08:28 AM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Life's long pal, and you'll find that no one here will ever agree to a suicide attempt.

You know, instead of brooding over what happened to you, think about what happens to other people. Hell, you have the luxury of a computer and internet. Some people don't even have three meals a day.

So don't think about what you don't have and just be thankful of what you DO have. You're alive, aren't you? Reason enough to be happy.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.06.2009, 08:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
bmn
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bmn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:19 PM.

06.06.2009, 09:00 AM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Life's long pal, and you'll find that no one here will ever agree to a suicide attempt.

You know, instead of brooding over what happened to you, think about what happens to other people. Hell, you have the luxury of a computer and internet. Some people don't even have three meals a day.

So don't think about what you don't have and just be thankful of what you DO have. You're alive, aren't you? Reason enough to be happy.

Theres a philosopher, and I cant remember his name, but he queried that the only choice any of us have is whither or not to commit suicide. I can see where he is coming from. Im not sure I would condone this action, but you can make any choices that are within your power, but you have to deal with the consequences. Its not my call to say what you should do with choices within your power.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.06.2009, 05:47 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
bmn
Kodama

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:19 PM.

06.06.2009, 07:14 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with what Roar said.

Frankly, you've got it really good compared to so many other people. It's a bit silly that you've decided to commit suicide considering what you've got.

06.06.2009, 08:09 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FAIL.

Theres = There's

cant = can't

Im = I'm

If you are going to wear the brownshirt of a grammar Nazi, you need to do it right or not at all

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.06.2009, 08:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
bmn
Kodama

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:20 PM.

06.06.2009, 08:33 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Considering the fact that you have a computer and internet, I'd say that you probably have enough money to feed yourself, which is more than a lot of people can say.

06.06.2009, 09:13 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
bmn
Kodama

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:20 PM.

06.06.2009, 09:21 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dude, a lot of my friends who have attempted suicide have faced probably a lot harder than you. Trust me, it's not pretty to find out when someone has committed suicide. A friend online found our her friend hung himself. Do you know what it drives the people around you to? And another of my friends is going through trauma involving his aunt killing herself and had to go to the funeral today. He sounded dead beat.

Egh, too much suicide talk lately... It's becoming more natural for me to hear it..

06.06.2009, 09:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
bmn
Kodama

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:21 PM.

06.06.2009, 09:53 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Your sadness is delusional. There are ways to overcome it, and in time be able to realize yourself.

(holy sh*t, the whole Yoite thing is coming into effect, wow~!)

06.06.2009, 09:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
bmn
Kodama

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:22 PM.

06.06.2009, 09:56 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh really? I might not know straight away. I never said I knew. Regardless, why do you have this feeling? Regret? Loneliness? Denial? Your existence is already deemed insignificant, why make it worse?

06.06.2009, 10:00 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
bmn
Kodama

Post last edited by bmn on 12.24.2010, 05:22 PM.

06.06.2009, 10:07 PM bmn is offline   Profile for bmn Add bmn to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks