QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hola!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Hola! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.02.10
  Hola!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aeroflot Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey guys I just found this site today and for some reason I just had to join the forums. I don't watch much anime, but it's been one of those things I'd like to get more into. At the moment I'm fixing to watch Evangelion since it seems like the Godfather of anime, from what others have said.

08.02.2010, 10:49 AM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome!
Hope you enjoy exploring the world of studio ghibli!
It's amazing!
Start with My Neighbor Totoro! It's a classic!

08.02.2010, 11:50 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern! I take it from what you've said that you haven't actually seen any Studio Ghibli films yet? In that case, I think you should get started as soon as possible!

Miyazaki (the main Ghibli director) tends to make two kinds of films: simple ones about childhood naivety, and fantasy epics. Spirited Away is a good choice to begin with as it's somewhere in between.

There are other Ghibli directors too, with different styles, but I do think you'd be best starting with Miyazaki.

08.02.2010, 11:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Aeroflot
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aeroflot Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh I've seen a bunch of Ghibli films, but that's where my anime knowledge ends

08.02.2010, 12:06 PM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahhh, okay. I was a bit confused about that.

08.02.2010, 12:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, welcome. Hope you have a good time here.

My Anime List

08.02.2010, 12:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome! Stick around. (:

08.02.2010, 01:21 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Aeroflot
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aeroflot Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the welcome. I got sidetracked and now I'm watching Death Note. The first episode is great

08.02.2010, 03:07 PM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay! ^^

08.02.2010, 03:10 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
blackice10
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.17.10
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blackice10 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi... Good choice with Death Note, amazing ! I'm relatively new too but I like it, there seems to not be too much 'clique-iness' here as there are on some forums, they seem to remember they were new as well once, anyway hope you like it as much as I do Hey and if you're looking for good anime and don't mind the violence, well, it's a bit old but Fist of the North Star is pretty amazing too ...

1. I am never wrong.

2. If I'm ever wrong, refer to rule 1.

Be excellent to each other

08.02.2010, 03:20 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello, Aeroflot and welcome to the Tavern... We all hope that you stick around and post a long, long while...

I might add that is an interesting choice of user name. previt, cack du la, which is the closest I can get to the Russian pronounciation... basically a welcome... lol

anyway, again, welcome....

08.04.2010, 01:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Aeroflot
Oh I've seen a bunch of Ghibli films, but that's where my anime knowledge ends

Same here XD
I only have seen a few anime movies (Origin, Paprika and a few others) and a part of Elfenlied and the series of Claymore, which I loved!

But it's hard for me since I don't know where to find all the anime/buy..in Holland it's not really popular unfortunately

Anyways, enough babbling...welcome at the tavern, have a nice stay!

08.04.2010, 07:14 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Aeroflot
Kodama

@Husky. Horosho, spasiba y vi? Aeroflot has been my username for quite a few years now, since I was a flightsim buff.

@Kemi. Can you order off Amazon.com?

08.04.2010, 08:01 PM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Aeroflot
@Husky. Horosho, spasiba y vi? Aeroflot has been my username for quite a few years now, since I was a flightsim buff.

@Kemi. Can you order off Amazon.com?

hahaha, that pretty much sums up my language skills in Russian... I know a few other words, but that is it. y vi ?

where???

08.05.2010, 12:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Aeroflot
Kodama

Naw, it means "and you?"

Where would be "gdye"

08.05.2010, 08:03 AM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I managed to understand most of that Russian. Even if some of the alphabet conversions seemed a bit awry.

08.05.2010, 08:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

three languages I was interested in while I was growing up were Japanese, Russian and German... I know a few words of each ( sigh) but know a lot of Spanish words, I'm just not fluent, mainly because of a lack of opportunity to practice I think...

the Russian I learned from a former neighbor

08.05.2010, 08:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Sigy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sigy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to family !!!

So how far are you with death note? Do you like it? I think its a great anime at first i couldn´t stop watching it but then i just had to make a small break because the story made a unpleasant turn

Keep smiling!!!

Keep smiling!!!!

08.05.2010, 04:48 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
Aeroflot
Kodama

@Sigy

It's a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm not too far into it -- only a couple of episodes -- but everything is moving so fast that it's making me suspicious that something bigs gonna happen really soon.

08.05.2010, 11:22 PM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
killer tjl
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.15.10
  Nuh UhhPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by killer tjl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah Start With The Classic of all classic's Spirited Away..

08.15.2010, 04:24 AM killer tjl is offline   Profile for killer tjl Add killer tjl to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks