QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What did the movies ever make you cry?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What did the movies ever make you cry? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  What did the movies ever make you cry?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi
I've seen 13 Going on 30 last night and it made me cry and I happen to know what the movies ever made you cry. ( :

To me:
Lilo and Stitch
Finding Nemo
Grave of Fireflies
The Little Women
13 Going on 30
I Am Sam
etc. I can't think (:

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

11.07.2006, 11:04 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nearly every Ghibli film made me cry, lots of things make me cry. I'm a sucker for crying ;_;

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

11.07.2006, 05:22 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

grave of the fireflies, amelie, nana, schindler's list, a very long engagement, selena...

11.08.2006, 11:02 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awakenings
Grave of the Fireflies

And the other night, I watched "finding Neverland" and cried a little -- Not because the heroin died at the end but because of this one character, Mrs Snow, whose husband passed away before the opening night and he would have loved to see it. Remember her?

Some other movies make me sad, but not cry.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

11.09.2006, 01:47 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Grave Of Fireflies came close to making me cry n shit....................... just the way everybody dies.........

**** lol

cheers

01.17.2007, 10:03 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yo the only film I think of is bambi when her mum gets killed by the hunter it brings a tear to my eye even now

01.17.2007, 10:48 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol i luagh at that part (mainly for the cold hartedness of doing it). i like to kill all ties with my inner child lol

cheers

01.17.2007, 10:51 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i probably cried with bambi too can't remember, cried a lot watching the color purple.

01.17.2007, 02:18 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't cry any more when watching movies now that I
know how they're made. My mom and her friend were
watching a scary movie where every one kept dying
and stuff and I predicted what was gonna happen next
or explained why certain things couldn't die, and my mom's
friend was like "Wha...???" and looked sort of scared of me
because I was really bored of the movie(Man, nothing in
movies are good any more except anime)and my mom
said to her friend "She knows these things.." "Oh.."
I then almost fell asleep. Boring. The only scary thing
was that it was about a ghost that kept killing every one
and it involved computers and then my dad's computer
started having problems similar to ones in the movie.
I shrieked then started laughing my head of maniacly.
A movie that's made me cry? Oh, any one that an animal
gets shot when your hoping they'll kill the main character.
Heehee, I'm usually sided with the bad guy in the movie.

01.17.2007, 02:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I cried a lot when I watched "Gilbert Grape". Its a film with Johnny Depp and Leonardo Dicaprio
soooosaaad!!!

And I cry every time (37 times) when I watch "the hours" at the point when Richard kills hisself and Meryll Streep is so alone! btw- "the hours" is my fav-movie!

quote:
And the other night, I watched "finding Neverland" and cried a little -- Not because the heroin died at the end but because of this one character, Mrs Snow, whose husband passed away before the opening night and he would have loved to see it. Remember her?

Yes I remember it! Thats really sad! The old woman get consolationjust because the theatre- thats so stiring!

But sometimes I cry because of happiness- when I watched "Capote" I cried because of the marvelous work of Philip Seymour Hoffmann.

I luv the susuwatari^^

01.17.2007, 05:57 PM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't cry at movies. I never have.
When my sister and I watched
The Notebook she cried and I
said it was cheezy. I guess I don't
get it. But Gilbert Grape was sad.
It's a good movie.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

01.17.2007, 06:10 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't usually cry when watching movies until I reached "hormonal" age. Last movie I watched that made me cry was A Walk to Remember. I don't know why and I don't even like Mandy Moore that much.

01.17.2007, 08:45 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
Eazy
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Eazy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It gets me all wattery eyed when Jenny dies in Forrest Gump.

01.17.2007, 11:24 PM Eazy is offline   Profile for Eazy Add Eazy to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by nanafan
i probably cried with bambi too can't remember, cried a lot watching the color purple.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

not laughing at you, but all i have to do is get my step mum to tell me the story line and she cries.

actually i have to wait for her to get drunk 1st (lol once every blue moon) cuz otherwise she snaps at me and says "your to much of a bastard to understand Jacob" or something or other along the lines of that

cheers

01.18.2007, 09:06 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

lol funny i also cried with glory even though i have seen it many times every time i see it i cry.

01.18.2007, 12:56 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanafan

Yeah you know it thats one depressing book/film

01.19.2007, 11:11 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
pathfinderap
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pathfinderap Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Freyarule
Nearly every Ghibli film made me cry, lots of things make me cry. I'm a sucker for crying ;_;

You took the words right out of my mouth lol

01.19.2007, 06:31 PM pathfinderap is offline   Profile for pathfinderap Add pathfinderap to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Moroko
I don't cry at movies. I never have.
When my sister and I watched
The Notebook she cried and I
said it was cheezy. I guess I don't
get it. But Gilbert Grape was sad.
It's a good movie.

my ******* step mum does that, she cries at cheezy and sappy and downright gay movies. ive never cried at a movie either, but Grave of Fireflies made me come close to crying

cheers

01.21.2007, 08:14 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Eazy
It gets me all wattery eyed when Jenny dies in Forrest Gump.

i feal like yelling at that part, it makes me angry.

Forest don't deserve that, he's gone through more and accomplished more than James Bond and all the American presidants, and he finally finds his love ready for him, and it dosnt last.

That bit when he was reading a letter to Jenny's grave, it don't make me cry, but i just get this strong fealing in my stomach like i should be crying. I love that movire forest Gump, he's like a roll model to me.

Also, the bit where he can't find Bubba when he's in Vietnam, and then he finds him, and Bubba dies, that bit made me feal so fucked up, I felt like punching every soldier i meet.

Forest Gump's a really, really, REALLY< strong movie

cheers

01.21.2007, 08:30 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going through a very very strange phase in my life at the moment. Lots of things make me cry. Heck I even cried at the end of Ghost in the Shell the other day, when I realised Batou loved Motoko and she walked out...

But most animes make me cry.

Lots of music does too.

Even my own writing most days.

There was a beautiful sunrise the other day and I cried at that.

When I'm praying I weep. When I feel Jesus close to me, loving me I weep.

It's very odd, but nice to cry.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.22.2007, 06:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks