QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Tracking down Ocean Waves
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Tracking down Ocean Waves » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
Tracking down Ocean WavesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone!

Could someone help me find where to get a copy of Ocean Waves, Region 2.

It sounds really good but I can't find it anywhere

06.07.2007, 07:10 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im sorry i cant help you there - but i suggest ebay and theres thousands of pirets copys around everywhere

but its a very good film

06.07.2007, 12:52 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got mine on Amazon. But beware, it'll cost you £25 for a proper copy. You'll see a lot of pirate copies around for £5 or so, but the image quality on these will be poorer and sometimes the subtitles are a bit odd or missing.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.07.2007, 02:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Omis
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

25 pounds (no pound sign cause I'm using an Indian keyboard! )

It's quite a bit but I'm sure it will be worth it. I can't help it I'm a snob. If I can avoid pirate copies and buy the real thing I do.

Thanks for the help. Amazon. I'll check it out.

06.09.2007, 12:20 PM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to mislead you, I was wrong. It wasn't Amazon. This was one I had to go to cdJapan for. It has an English set of subtitles though.

This image shows the genuine cover. If you see different cover art, those are pirate copies.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VWDZ-8026

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.09.2007, 04:46 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Omis
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for all the help. So that's Region 2 right? Just so I don't screw up and have to buy a new DVD player

06.10.2007, 09:49 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yup, Japan is the same as Europe (region 2) - and the same as S Africa apparently. Funny these region things aren't they? I wonder why it all happened like that?

06.11.2007, 06:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
kitkat
Calcifer

Registration Date: 01.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitkat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i cant find ocean waves anywhere. i get all mine from play.com and hmv but even they dont have it in has it been released in the uk yet does anyone know?

06.18.2007, 04:42 AM kitkat is offline   Profile for kitkat Add kitkat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No, its not been released in the UK or USA, you'll have to buy from cdjapan or another Japanese online site.

06.18.2007, 03:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Paladin
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Paladin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VWDZ-8026

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/co...pid-1002838513/

heres 2 links ^_^

Region 2 with english subtitles.

I just picked this one up today from a Japanese HMV.

-^_^-

~A Humble dreamer of Enigami~

07.09.2007, 12:50 PM Paladin is offline   Profile for Paladin Add Paladin to your buddy list Homepage of Paladin
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I bought it off ebay region 2 not a great film though I found it quite boring....I've only watched it once.

07.09.2007, 03:13 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Paladin
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Paladin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

>.<*

Thats an awesome film!

Surely you must not have been watching it right. :p

~A Humble dreamer of Enigami~

07.09.2007, 04:15 PM Paladin is offline   Profile for Paladin Add Paladin to your buddy list Homepage of Paladin
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks