QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - new
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » new » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.31.12
newPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by miky88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

miky88

Hey all I'm new to this site found completely by acident trying to find out of any other ghibli production film Lol

My Favorite movie by Ghibli productions is spirited away followed closely by howls moving castle

You guys and girls probebly love it just as much as I do and I am a bit of a annime freak:TeeHee

07.31.2012, 08:59 AM miky88 is offline   Profile for miky88 Add miky88 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Miki. Pull up a squishy old armchair and join in the chat. And here, have a hobnob.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.31.2012, 09:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, miky88, Don't get heartburn trying to munch the screen Hobnob, lol

here's a bit o' tea to wash it down with...

We're all nuts about Ghibli in here, although some are nutsier than other... And some, of course, are just nuts...

Again, welcome...

07.31.2012, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey there miky

welcome to the mysterious and wonderful universe of studio ghibli

One of the most nutsier guy is me.

Be here cause you will meet some great guys from all over the world.

And the new films are on its way so discussion is coming.

And husky i think other than milk chocolate digestive, digestive biscuit is not really tasty[fills belly though]. But everybody got their own taste like saddle's dry thought likes dry biscuit hehehe.[saddle please do not take it seriously]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.01.2012, 04:55 AM.

08.01.2012, 04:51 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Milky!

I love Spirited Away too, it used to be my favourite Ghibli. What other animes do you like?

--------------------------------

Lol Saviour your so funny!

08.01.2012, 05:41 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hobnob is a digestive biscuit???

08.03.2012, 03:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Hobnob is a digestive biscuit???

you did not know?

go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HobNob

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.03.2012, 08:32 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This thread is hilarious, how a welcoming of a new member has changed to a discussion of whether a Hobknob is a digestive biscuit, classic tavern procrastination (probably the wrong spelling but oh well)

Anyway, welcome miky88, I like you share massive admiration for Howls Moving Castle, however i am the HMC nut on this thread, which most people seem to just accept, lol, there is always room for one more to show how much of an underestimated film HMC is!!!!

08.03.2012, 11:10 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

a little late, but ...

Welcome to the club... er.. Tavern Miky88...

Disregard the Hobnob discussion, unless you want to join in, although why anyone would want to is beyond me...

Actually, saviour, here in the States most people have no idea about 'digestive biscuits'. It's usually something that we never hear about... except, maybe, in an English novel...

08.03.2012, 12:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The ultimate question is what do you prefer a Hobnob or a digestive biscuit? I no this is probably hard to answer unless your from the UK, but hey take a guess if you have never had one!! Mine personally would be a digestive, love dunking them in a massive mug of tea, but hey I am British what else do you expect from me!!

But seriously what would you rather have a hobnob or digestive?!!

08.03.2012, 04:08 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Not knowing what a Hobnob is, but looking at the pic and visualizing what a digestive biscuit might look like (from my USA perspective), it doesn't seem to make much difference which I dip in my tea... Yes I am Canadian born, but I haven't lived there since I was 6...

08.03.2012, 07:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks