QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hero or Heroine
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Hero or Heroine » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
yiannischambers
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.12.07
Hero or HeroinePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yiannischambers Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite hero would be Porco Rosso from "Porco Rosso" because even though he engaged in dogfightin the First World War (he is an aviator), he fought for what was good.

My favourite heroine would be Nausicaa from "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" because she is kind, gentle, and, as Porco Rosso does, she fights against maltreatment and... well, you could say... evil.

04.12.2007, 02:21 AM yiannischambers is offline   Profile for yiannischambers Add yiannischambers to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by yiannischambers
My favourite hero would be Porco Rosso from "Porco Rosso" because even though he engaged in dogfightin the First World War (he is an aviator), he fought for what was good.

My favourite heroine would be Nausicaa from "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" because she is kind, gentle, and, as Porco Rosso does, she fights against maltreatment and... well, you could say... evil.

Welcome to the forum!

Check out my music:

04.14.2007, 09:21 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah welcome!!! i agree with you about porco as the hero. even though he doesn't see it himself. though i think ashitaka is a good hero too. i also like howl as a hero. it's not too easy to find one as selfish as him when you first meet him. or one as scared as him.
for a heroine i like chihiro. even though she is young and doesn't do anything truly daring, i find that that's the kind of heroine you would see in most people and she seems truly real to me so i like her.

04.22.2007, 07:41 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my fave heroes/heroines
1.alviss
2.nanashi
3.cardaptor sakura
4.wizard howl
5.haku
6.naruto
7.miroku
8.sango
9.sailor jupiter
10.van,fiona,moonbay,irvine.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.03.2007, 09:33 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hero = Ashitaka

Heroin = San

of course, a match made in heaven

10.03.2007, 10:33 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

is it true they dont get together?if so,thats crap.

10.03.2007, 10:38 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

they do, in a sense.
in the end San stays in teh forest and Ashitaka helps the people of Irontown rebuild Irontown. yet there still together, and stuff.
well, havnt u seen it?

10.03.2007, 10:41 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i wanna,i do!but anime is so hard to come by here!

10.03.2007, 11:25 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
dragosani
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.03.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dragosani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heroine: Sophie!
Hero: Ashitaka.
Sophie because she's a lovely, caring person.
Ashitaka because he stood up against a whole village for san, saved her life. He isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in, which is admirable.

10.03.2007, 11:42 PM dragosani is offline   Profile for dragosani Add dragosani to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

hes also cute.

10.03.2007, 11:44 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite hero would definitely be Ashitaka, hes just awesome.

My favourite heroine would have to be Nausicaa.

P1nk777@Deviant

10.04.2007, 01:47 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
Supergaijin
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.21.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Supergaijin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hero: Ashitaka and Seiji

Heroine: San and Shizuku

The latter two are my favorite of characters... though they didn't fight off forest spirits and better the environment...

"The man studied economics, but he never studied happiness."

"Shizuki... will you marry me!?"

Post last edited by Supergaijin on 10.04.2007, 04:55 PM.

10.04.2007, 01:53 AM Supergaijin is offline   Profile for Supergaijin Add Supergaijin to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

hermione?dont you mean heroine?

10.04.2007, 03:30 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
they do, in a sense.
in the end San stays in teh forest and Ashitaka helps the people of Irontown rebuild Irontown. yet there still together, and stuff.
well, havnt u seen it?

I interpreted the ending as that they don't stay together. She goes back to nature, he stays in the world of people, each doing healing and good work in their own separate worlds. That's a standard storybook ending - the lovers who want to be together but can't as each is bound to their own life - in my personal take on the end of Mononoke San and Ashitaka never meet again.

10.04.2007, 04:45 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

thats what fanfiction is for!

10.04.2007, 05:10 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Rosso, Shizuku

Didn't we have a thread like this just a week ago?

10.04.2007, 08:28 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We had a lot of threads like a lot of other threads a week ago. And I know it's not your tea either.

Why Ghibli? Favourite music. 27 different threads on Earthsea. 11 different threads on Howl.

Its like trying to join a role-playing game that's been running a month.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.04.2007, 08:32 AM.

10.04.2007, 08:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, i havent been here for long and havent seen any other post like this. So i suppose its good for new members to have input and share their ideas.

P1nk777@Deviant

10.04.2007, 09:46 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sure, I apologise. But there is a forum search button (I agree it doesn't seem to work very well) and you could scroll down 2 or 3 pages to see if the topic was done recently.

Anyway, please carry on I won't disturb you again.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.04.2007, 09:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

well u have to admit the 'Ghibli Discussion' selectioon in the Ghibli Tavern has had alot more posts in the last few days, compaired to last week or so.

10.04.2007, 03:35 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks