QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite Ghibli Soundtrack/Music?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite Ghibli Soundtrack/Music? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Favourite Ghibli Soundtrack/Music?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What Ghibli movie do you think has the best music/soundtrack?

My favourite has to definetly be the music in Princess Mononoke, so deep and conveys the feeling of the whole movie so well.

My second would be the music in Nausicaa, very retro and very different to what we normally see in a Miyazaki film.

P1nk777@Deviant

10.03.2007, 05:33 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really like nausicaä. Its so cool and retro.
But my favourite is totoro (Beautiful them) with Kiki as a close second.
I love the... french feeling to the music in kiki.
Lovely stuff.

10.03.2007, 06:21 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved always with me in spirited away.that was nice

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.03.2007, 06:56 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Princess Mononoke - on top for obvious reasons, has some of the most epic tracks of all time.
2. Spirited Away - overall most consistently good soundtrack.
3. My Neighbor Totoro - some real cool songs that go good techno, or classical.
4. Kiki's Delivery Service - most of the songs are very alike which i think helps you get a real 'feel' for the film.

10.03.2007, 07:57 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

whisper of the heart is amazing.
Especially the first song which is the one that plays when she wakes up on the beautiful day and runs through the sunlit streets.

10.03.2007, 09:53 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Loscil
Baron

Listen to it here:
http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/7...ka_no_machi.mp3
it gets soo beautiful in the second half.
Thats is, probably, for me, the most beautiful song in any ghiblimovie, especially when you combine it with your memories of the moive...
which are wonderful.
just listening to it makes me want to see the film again.

10.03.2007, 10:45 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't really pick a favorite score, but my favorite songs are (in this general order):

1. The music that plays during Gina's flashback in Porco Rosso
2. The main theme from Porco Rosso
3. The music that plays when Seiji comes back in Whisper of the Heart
4. The song that plays when they grow the giant tree in Totoro
5. The main theme from Laputa
6. The opening credits music from Nausicaa
7. The music from the opening of Whipser of the Heart
8. The opening dogfight music from Porco Rosso
9. The main theme from Totoro
10. The canal take-off music from Porco Rosso

10.03.2007, 11:01 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For me, it's not any particular score... I stand with Orphic Okapi. There's particular tracks from each soundtrack which really pull at you the hardest. For example, even though I'm not a big fan of the Nausicaa soundtrack (it's good, but not what I would listen to all the time), the opening score is one of my favourites. I like the way the piano plays a bit with the timing, and especially the part when the song sweeps up-and-down, right before the orchestra takes over.

On Your Mark is nice... I wish they sold Chage & Aska CDs here, but I can't find them anywhere.

I still haven't heard most of the soundtracks, but I saw Spirited Away's in the second hand store not long ago... I'll have to check back to see if it's still there.

10.03.2007, 11:07 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
sheeana
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sheeana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Best question is : which one you don't like ? ^^"

My favourite one is definitely Princess Mononoke.
I also love the one of Laputa, the castle in the sky.
Then, I would say Tales from Earthsea. It's not Joe Hisaishi, but it sounds really great.

I like the others too, but it's more some musics here and there than the whole soundtrack.

Post last edited by sheeana on 10.05.2007, 01:02 PM.

10.05.2007, 12:58 PM sheeana is offline   Profile for sheeana Add sheeana to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^ hi sheena welcome abroad our little ghibli fourm, hope you stick around.

i agree with you, mononoke is the best. the other ones have good parts, but i can sit and listen to all of mononoke's and enjoy every second

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.05.2007, 01:04 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i just watched earthsea again,the musics really beautiful.wow,me saying beautiful is so out of character.
any way,even anime haters like it,ask my mum,the lord cob of anime haters.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.05.2007, 05:55 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, actually i agree all the songs from that movie are great especially the ones that use that Spanish Bagpipe thing

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 10.08.2007, 02:17 AM.

10.08.2007, 02:16 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
yeah, actually i agree all the songs from that movie are great especially the ones that use that Spanish Bagpipe thing

"Spanish bagpipe"??????

10.08.2007, 04:14 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

yep.
in about half of the tracks from Tales from Earthsea that Tamiya Terashima composed, a 'Spanish Bagpipe' was featured.
in the song "Tabiji" (journey) its the most recognizable.
at least im pretty sure its a Spanish bagpipe.

10.08.2007, 10:02 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are you referring to the Galician gaita?

10.08.2007, 07:26 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Im guessing he is...

10.08.2007, 07:34 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

i guess so.
i just remember hearing somewhere that a "Spanish Bagpipe" was featured in 11 of 21 tracks, or something

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 10.08.2007, 10:09 PM.

10.08.2007, 09:48 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Scotland and Spain are geographically distinct...

10.08.2007, 10:04 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

opps sorry, yeah i meant "Spanish" not Scottish sorry, ill change that

10.08.2007, 10:09 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
mirrorsaw
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mirrorsaw Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tsukiyo no Hikou would be my favorite track, that scene made me a fan.. but as for an entire album, I think Nausicaa is really awesome.

10.09.2007, 03:20 AM mirrorsaw is offline   Profile for mirrorsaw Add mirrorsaw to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks