QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite Ghibli Film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite Ghibli Film » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Shamaya Parker
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.06.06
Favourite Ghibli FilmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shamaya Parker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have many Favourite movies what have u seen?

12.06.2006, 07:50 PM Shamaya Parker is offline   Profile for Shamaya Parker Add Shamaya Parker to your buddy list Send an Email to Shamaya Parker
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oooh big question, one that has been asked many many times

My personal fave list is this:

1. Porco Rosso
2. Laputa
3. Spirited Away
4. Only Yesterday
5. Princess Mononoke
6. Nausicaa
7. Whisper of the Heart
8. The Cat Returns
9. Howl's Moving Castle
10. Kiki's Delivery Service

This'll probably change when I get Totoro for xmas, but I haven't seen it yet so can't rate it, but I know it'll be high

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

12.07.2006, 05:37 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i suppose my fave at the min would have to be howls moving castle, i love that film

12.07.2006, 02:19 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

spirited away
howl's moving castle
cat returns
whisper of the heart

12.07.2006, 11:52 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Shamaya Parker
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.06.06
  Mad Drawings make interestingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shamaya Parker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i personally think whatever the drawing, it can tell you alot, it can be inspiring, the pictures on certain movies are the only r4eason i like the others, i nejoy the thrill or story line of the movie.

12.11.2006, 06:43 PM Shamaya Parker is offline   Profile for Shamaya Parker Add Shamaya Parker to your buddy list Send an Email to Shamaya Parker
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love ALL ghibli films!
Especially Pocker Rosso(haha!)

12.11.2006, 07:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

12.11.2006, 07:15 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
violet
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by violet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So hard let me think...*thinks*

1. Howls moving castle (Howl rocks)
2. Spireted away
3. Princess Mononoke
4. My neighbour Toronto
5. Ki ki’s delivery serves
6. Pom poko
7. THAT’S ALL I HAVE SEEN!
Any one have a fav I haven’t said and thing I should watch?? Xx

01.01.2007, 12:17 PM violet is offline   Profile for violet Add violet to your buddy list Homepage of violet
violet
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by violet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by violet
So hard let me think...*thinks*

1. Howls moving castle (Howl rocks)
2. Spireted away
3. Princess Mononoke
4. My neighbour Toronto
5. Ki ki’s delivery serves
6. Pom poko
7. THAT’S ALL I HAVE SEEN!
Any one have a fav I haven’t said and thing I should watch?? Xx

God sorry my spelling sucked their!! xx

01.01.2007, 12:20 PM violet is offline   Profile for violet Add violet to your buddy list Homepage of violet
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

01.02.2007, 03:20 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Mononokehime
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.25.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OH, YOU MEANIES DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE ! Ok then- MononokeHime. ( I am getting predictable )

01.14.2007, 05:40 PM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
Eazy
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Eazy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll rate the only four I've seen so far

1. Whisper of the Heart (which is also my 2nd all time favorite film right behind "First Blood"
2. Grave of the Fireflies
3. Pom Poko
4. Princess Mononoke

01.17.2007, 12:33 AM Eazy is offline   Profile for Eazy Add Eazy to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whisper of the Heart and Spirited Away = 1
Porco Rosso= 2
Everything else= 3

01.17.2007, 12:55 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My list changes from time to time, but I think it's a tie between Spirited Away and Whisper of the Heart. Close behind is Howl's Moving Castle and The Cat Returns.

01.17.2007, 01:53 AM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
bellmetalviscera
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bellmetalviscera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's so extremely difficult to choose favorites among favorites.

1. Spirited Away
2. My Neighbor Totoro
3. Kiki's Delivery Service
4. Princess Mononoke
5. Porco Rosso
6. Whisper of the Heart
7. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
8. My Neighbor's the Yamadas
9. Howl's Moving Castle
10. The Cat Returns
11. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
12. Pom Poko

"Why must fireflies die so young?"

01.18.2007, 05:30 AM bellmetalviscera is offline   Profile for bellmetalviscera Add bellmetalviscera to your buddy list Send an Email to bellmetalviscera Homepage of bellmetalviscera AIM Screenname: bellmetalviscera
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite list changes depending on my mood. That's what's so good about Ghibli.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

01.19.2007, 05:45 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
pathfinderap
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pathfinderap Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey all, new guy in town
and this is as good a place to start as any

1. Spirited Away
2. Kiki's Delivery Service
3. Howl's Moving Castle
4. My neighbour Toronto
5. Porco Rosso
6. Laputa
7. Nausicaa
8. Princess Mononoke
9. Pom poko

Mostly Hayao Miyazaki, the guys a total genius

01.19.2007, 06:08 PM pathfinderap is offline   Profile for pathfinderap Add pathfinderap to your buddy list
synthesizers
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by synthesizers Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't heard much mention of Nausicaa! I've only seen Laputa, Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away and Nausicaa so far and Nausicaa is my favourite out of them!

I like the way it's epic, but not stupidly epic like moives today. It's unexpected twists and turns in the plot make it my favourite Ghibli so far!

01.23.2007, 07:01 PM synthesizers is offline   Profile for synthesizers Add synthesizers to your buddy list Send an Email to synthesizers
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1.Spirited Away
2.Howl's Moving Castle
3.Princess Mononoke
4.Kiki's Delivery Service
5.Laputa
6.Grave of Fireflies
7.Porco Rosso
8.My Neighbour Totoro
9.Whisper of the Heart
and so on...

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

01.24.2007, 06:34 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
kitkat
Calcifer

Registration Date: 01.23.07
  OK HMMMMPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitkat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i havent seen many YET but my fave are

1)Princess Mononoke
2)Spirtied Away
3)Totoro
4)kiki's delivery service
5) Laputa

I have nausica but not yet watched

01.24.2007, 07:14 AM kitkat is offline   Profile for kitkat Add kitkat to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks