QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - JOE HISAISHI'S MUSIC ROCKS !!!!!!!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » JOE HISAISHI'S MUSIC ROCKS !!!!!!!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.25.06
  JOE HISAISHI'S MUSIC ROCKS !!!!!!!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey ! Who else here thinks Joe Hisaishi's music is the best music on the planet ? When I listen to my soundtrack cd's ( particuarly mononokehime ) I just get hairs on the back of my neck- honestly, his music ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * Dances to MononokeHime soundtrack cd * 8]
GO JOE HISAISHI !!!

You've gotta admit I'm right.

01.14.2007, 05:32 PM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yer i agree it is rather cool i espeshally like howls moving castle theme

01.14.2007, 05:40 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i put several mononoke instrumentals on my iPod so that i have some nice easy listening music, thumbs up to him.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.14.2007, 05:42 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Mononokehime
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah that's a nice one.

01.14.2007, 05:42 PM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
Mononokehime
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did that !

01.14.2007, 05:43 PM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
OnYourMark
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You are right. I have to say that I think his best OSTs are Mononoke Hime (JPN version) and Laputa (US version, probably). And the Laputa Japanese Symphonic Album was really good.

If you want non-Ghibli, HANA-BI is good. I also like that one song from Kikujiro... it's called Summer (this is in my opinion one of his best, or even his best non-Ghibli song). The Brother OST isn't that bad also. I like Nostalgia from Piano Stories 3. ;_; I'm still trying to get Kikujiro OST, but I only have that one song.

Yes, Hisaishi-san is my favorite music composer.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

Post last edited by OnYourMark on 01.14.2007, 08:36 PM.

01.14.2007, 08:32 PM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
ftofficer
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.17.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ftofficer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the music of Joe Hisaishi are great! I love the OST and Image Albums very much, but it's even better if you can listen these music performed by Mr. Hisaishi himself at the theater.

I am feeling so lucky that Mr. Hisaishi went to my city for a symphony concert last December. He performed the symphony version of Nausicaa, Totoro, Mononoke, Moving Castle, and some piano solos such as Spirited Away prologue music "That Summer" and Mononoke closing music "Ashitaka and San". It was so so so so great!

However, I think the best Joe Hisaishi music is the Laputa music, but Mr. Hisaishi didn't performed it. It was a pity.

01.15.2007, 10:15 AM ftofficer is offline   Profile for ftofficer Add ftofficer to your buddy list
synthesizers
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by synthesizers Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Laputa theme is (in my opinion) Joe Hisaishi's best music. It is such an awesome theme! I also like that funny 80's style track from Nausicaa that plays during some of the action scenes!

01.23.2007, 08:11 PM synthesizers is offline   Profile for synthesizers Add synthesizers to your buddy list Send an Email to synthesizers
bellmetalviscera
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bellmetalviscera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I adore Hisaishi, as well. I would love to see him perform live. However, if he ever came to America, I doubt he'd come near the Midwest.

I really like the music in 'Laputa' and 'Porco Rosso.' And 'Spirited Away.' I really should look further into his other compositions.

"Why must fireflies die so young?"

01.24.2007, 02:30 AM bellmetalviscera is offline   Profile for bellmetalviscera Add bellmetalviscera to your buddy list Send an Email to bellmetalviscera Homepage of bellmetalviscera AIM Screenname: bellmetalviscera
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep he and his music rocks!!!!
My fave Princess Mononoke soundtrack is Tales of Ashitaka and Princess Mononoke XD

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

01.24.2007, 06:31 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
kitkat
Calcifer

Registration Date: 01.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitkat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wooooooo go Joe go joe

01.24.2007, 06:32 AM kitkat is offline   Profile for kitkat Add kitkat to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree! Joe Hisaishi's music is totally awesome! He's such an awesome composer. I agree with kittycatjess. The Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack is really good. I really like the Sekai no Yakusoku (The Promise of the World) song....it's so touching.

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

01.30.2007, 09:31 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe you guys should try his non-ghibli music while you're at it? I recommend, besides Kikujiro's Summer, another piece called Rain, one of his more famous pieces.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.02.2007, 04:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rocks! Absee-lootely!!!

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

02.02.2007, 09:55 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
OnYourMark
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Maybe you guys should try his non-ghibli music while you're at it? I recommend, besides Kikujiro's Summer, another piece called Rain, one of his more famous pieces.

Rain from Kikujiro? I love the Kikujiro Summer. The Rain sounds much like Summer. But Summer is more grand, whereas Rain is more personal.
Some of the songs from the Brother OST are also good. Like "Drifter...in LAX" and "I Love You...Aniki." They are so epic.
But HANA-BI overall has one of the better non-Ghibli OSTs.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

Post last edited by OnYourMark on 02.02.2007, 10:25 PM.

02.02.2007, 10:18 PM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
these pro-hisaishi threads pop up once a month..
what can I say that I havent said before:
DEfinitely perfect composer for ghibli films. DEfinitely beautiful film scores..
However, I wouldnt go as far as saying he is the all time best composer.
Even if he is at the very top of my list, he shares that place with other composers who, although they have not so consistently made good scores, have made just as many good ones and deserve my respect just as much.
Im referring to people like Hans Zimmer (his Pirates stuff is really great!) or some of John Williams stuff (he has the most recognizable franchise themes ever! Indiana Jones/Star Wars/ Harry Potter) and Danny Elfman and so..
Although, I must say Hisaishi´s stuff moves me most, which is probably because of the feelings concerning the movies that come up everytime I hear his music..

02.03.2007, 07:06 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
synthesizers
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by synthesizers Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched Princess Mononoke and I think it's theme is AWESOME! It's so moving and beautiful. Joe Hisaishi's music is way better than any run-of-the-mill hollywood soundtrack. John Williams is good I suppose but I think Joe is just as good at composing!

02.04.2007, 11:32 PM synthesizers is offline   Profile for synthesizers Add synthesizers to your buddy list Send an Email to synthesizers
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks