QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Porco Sequel?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Porco Sequel? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:
Originally posted by Chuckler
My initial, and good humouredly, posted response was simply there to say what it said. Nothing more.

This response is responding to your somewhat snide reply.

Live better, my friend.

Peace.

Chuckler you completely missed the point of what Saddle and the artice was saying from what I can tell, since it clearly wasn't meant as a 'snide reply'.

I would say of all the films Porco Rosso has one of the most ambigious endings, yes it's implied he does visit her in the garden but the future of them as a couple as well as the future of the other character's is left extremely open - it would be plausible enough to assume that Miyazaki might draw manga around that just explaining that future further - or even more likely perhaps he'll just do 'adventures' of Porco, in his heyday or what have you, since in the film we here so much about his reputation, perhaps Miyazaki would like to expand on that.

And as for your comment that it is 'not in the man to do a thing like that', that is utterly absurd. What do you understand of Miyazaki? He's a man with a complicated personal philosophy at the best of times, who I wouldn't say is extremely revealing in his interviews. Above all he's a man who loves his film and loves aviation, it is perfectly possible he'd like to show that adoration in the form of manga - a medium he has used in the past.

I know you're new to the forum but there are better ways of arguing your point then getting defensive, plenty of us share different opinions but don't feel the need to be quite so aggressive in voicing them.

Just my opinion!

You know, you're responding to comments made nearly two years ago.

01.23.2011, 11:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
quote:
My initial, and good humouredly, posted response was simply there to say what it said. Nothing more.

Live better, my friend.

Peace.

Chuckler you completely missed the point of what Saddle and the artice was saying from what I can tell, since it clearly wasn't meant as a 'snide reply'.

I would say of all the films Porco Rosso has one of the most ambigious endings, yes it's implied he does visit her in the garden but the future of them as a couple as well as the future of the other character's is left extremely open - it would be plausible enough to assume that Miyazaki might draw manga around that just explaining that future further - or even more likely perhaps he'll just do 'adventures' of Porco, in his heyday or what have you, since in the film we here so much about his reputation, perhaps Miyazaki would like to expand on that.

And as for your comment that it is 'not in the man to do a thing like that', that is utterly absurd. What do you understand of Miyazaki? He's a man with a complicated personal philosophy at the best of times, who I wouldn't say is extremely revealing in his interviews. Above all he's a man who loves his film and loves aviation, it is perfectly possible he'd like to show that adoration in the form of manga - a medium he has used in the past.

I know you're new to the forum but there are better ways of arguing your point then getting defensive, plenty of us share different opinions but don't feel the need to be quite so aggressive in voicing them.

Just my opinion!

WHAT
oh the embarassment.

I was incensed by the attack on Saddles and didn't pay attention to how recent it was, I just assumed D:

Oh well, better late than never y'know.

01.25.2011, 12:22 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I was incensed by the attack on Saddles and didn't pay attention to how recent it was, I just assumed D:

Awwww... I feel so warm and fluffy now. I'm loved! I think... Yay.

P.S. Thanks.

As an aside I think there is more reliable rumour now about another Porco movie isn't there? But as you say, Kaz, it need not be a sequel but could be something from his past.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.30.2011, 07:58 AM.

01.30.2011, 07:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:

Awwww... I feel so warm and fluffy now. I'm loved! I think... Yay.

P.S. Thanks.

As an aside I think there is more reliable rumour now about another Porco movie isn't there? But as you say, Kaz, it need not be a sequel but could be something from his past.

Oh wow! That's interesting, yeah it'd be good to see how he got the curse!

02.03.2011, 10:06 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
PiperSack
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.17.11
  SequelsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PiperSack Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would have mixed feelings for Miyazaki to do any sequels. It would seem to be against his nature, and that might cause the quality to suffer. However I would consider there are already two "sequels" of a sort in his repertoire: Mei to Konekobasu and Neko no Ongaeshi, although Neko no Ongaeshi is more of a full length spin off than a direct sequel. Mei to Konekobasu is a short, but it is a direct sequel. A full length sequel to Porco Rosso would be very interesting because of the amount of flight that could be involved, but Miyazaki's original stories are so strong, as mentioned, the energy may not be as intense on a full length sequel for him.

12.17.2011, 12:39 PM PiperSack is offline   Profile for PiperSack Add PiperSack to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WELCOME to the Tavern, PiperSack...

Your comments are most welcome as we can tell that you are a Ghibli fan...

Again, Welcome...

12.17.2011, 04:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Chuckler was generally confused, it was obvious that the article was talking about Manga and that is what Saddle was saying, but Chuckler got the wrong end of the stick and by the looks of it started arguing the same argument with a malice attitude and saying that Saddle was wrong. I don't think Chuckler read what Saddle had written because he made it sound like Saddle was saying the Article was talking about a film rather than manga when he was not.

I also agree on your opinion to his arguing, I have been around the forum a couple of months now and I have had and seen some split differences with people and I have given my opinion just like anyone else is entitled to, but it seems Chuckler was far to defensive and their is definately a better way to argue your point, just take a look at other threads it goes on all the time without such a rude attitude about it!!!!

I also agree that their is a much stronger rumour about their being a follow up film, most likely influenced from the Manga Miyazaki was planning to start about two years ago.

12.17.2011, 05:04 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
quote:

Live better, my friend.

Peace.

Just my opinion!

WHAT
oh the embarassment.

Oh well, better late than never y'know.

Two years ago or not it needed to be said, it came across extremely rude and agressive when I read it!!!!

12.17.2011, 05:07 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Ivynwater
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.30.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ivynwater Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PiperSack
I would have mixed feelings for Miyazaki to do any sequels. It would seem to be against his nature, and that might cause the quality to suffer. (...)

I quite agree with this. Sequels do not fit Miyazaki's stories which, at least to me, find their reasons to be in the perfect balance between storyline, adenture, magic and various moral/life issues. Y on earth would anyone want to do a sequel of such little, self-fulfilling animated works?

It might be that Porco Rosso presents a unique card, at least for those who think that in the end of the anime PR has become a human again: as human being Marco's got everyhting to prove....will he actually reamin human?!

I'd rather remain with the question unresolved though...

Ivynwater

12.31.2011, 01:42 PM Ivynwater is offline   Profile for Ivynwater Add Ivynwater to your buddy list Homepage of Ivynwater
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Ivynwater
quote:
Originally posted by PiperSack
I would have mixed feelings for Miyazaki to do any sequels. It would seem to be against his nature, and that might cause the quality to suffer. (...)

I quite agree with this. Sequels do not fit Miyazaki's stories which, at least to me, find their reasons to be in the perfect balance between storyline, adenture, magic and various moral/life issues. Y on earth would anyone want to do a sequel of such little, self-fulfilling animated works?

It might be that Porco Rosso presents a unique card, at least for those who think that in the end of the anime PR has become a human again: as human being Marco's got everyhting to prove....will he actually reamin human?!

I'd rather remain with the question unresolved though...

I think I remember reading somewhere that Porco Rosso 2 will include Porco as a pig not a human, but I totally agree in the fact I would rather it be unresolved, I like the fact that the ending left you guessing, it was an ending unlike most Miyazaki films where the endings come to a closed ending. I think thats why this is the only film of Miyazaki's that is having a sequel because the ending is so open it is the only film possible to have a sequel that would even be good enough to link to Miyazaki, I mean you could hardly do a sequal to a film like Spirited Away or Howls Moving Castle... well not without messing it up.

12.31.2011, 04:50 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A number of Miyazaki films have endings that are not truly closed, there's more story to tell, only Miyazaki leaves it up to the viewer to imagine the continuation they prefer.

I don't consider Porco's ending to be any less clear cut that any other film of his.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.31.2011, 07:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
A number of Miyazaki films have endings that are not truly closed, there's more story to tell, only Miyazaki leaves it up to the viewer to imagine the continuation they prefer.

I don't consider Porco's ending to be any less clear cut that any other film of his.

Thats what I was trying to get at, but I didn't explain it very well.

12.31.2011, 09:28 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think i'd like the movie to be about Porco getting rid of his curse, and which girl he will choose. It will have lots of flash backs to the past about how he got the curse and him and Jina.

03.06.2012, 02:57 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks