QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Why don't more people know about these movies?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Why don't more people know about these movies? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Calcifer
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know that. I am a Westerner.

06.29.2006, 10:18 AM Calcifer is offline   Profile for Calcifer Add Calcifer to your buddy list Send an Email to Calcifer
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^^^^ more of us!

cheers

07.02.2006, 09:23 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Film 4 has just become a free cable channel (in U.K), which shows really good films. From Friday 4th August, at approx 5pm everyday, they are showing the Ghibli films!!
I know for def that Castle Of Cagliostro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa, Mononoke, and My Neighbour Totoro are on, and I'm sure the others will be played next week!
I know that even some people on here haven't seen all the films, and this gives them, and others who'v never heard of Ghibli, a chance to sample the brilliance!!
Enjoy!!

08.02.2006, 10:18 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really oh dats brill i know dat about a week befor it went free it showed porko rosso n i was really annoyed coz i wanted 2 watch it bt im happy now coz dell prob show it agen

08.02.2006, 03:47 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Calcifer
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have never been so sad to live in Canada before in my life.

08.02.2006, 03:49 PM Calcifer is offline   Profile for Calcifer Add Calcifer to your buddy list Send an Email to Calcifer
kittycatjess
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

arr dont worry im sure theres a channel sumwhere dats there on

08.02.2006, 03:55 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
kittycatjess
Totoro

i have a question, whats a golden bear award coz spirited awey as one bt i dt no wot one is

08.02.2006, 03:57 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Calcifer
Kodama

No. I checked.

08.02.2006, 03:59 PM Calcifer is offline   Profile for Calcifer Add Calcifer to your buddy list Send an Email to Calcifer
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The golden bear award is an award for the Berlin International Film Festival. I'm not sure if every award at the festival is a golden bear, but I do know that the golden bear Spirited Away won was for best picture.

08.03.2006, 12:33 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

thanks

08.03.2006, 08:31 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there were actually a few cable channels that show miyazaki films before cartoon network did a month of miyzaki and turner classic movies too. i stayed up late to watch some of them in original japanese. i think it's sad that people don't know about ghibli i think it appeals to everyone

08.03.2006, 04:41 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks