QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Elimination Game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli Elimination Game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »  ]
Tomtoo
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tomtoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OY - 2
MNT + 1

Princess Mononoke - 10
My Neighbor Totoro - 7
Only Yesterday - 1
Kiki's Delivery Service - 4

Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!

01.03.2009, 06:09 AM Tomtoo is offline   Profile for Tomtoo Add Tomtoo to your buddy list
MiyaTaka
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.19.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MiyaTaka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Princess Mononoke - 10
My Neighbor Totoro - 8
Kiki's Delivery Service - 2
Only Yesterday - 1

Totoro +1
Kiki's -2

01.03.2009, 06:28 AM MiyaTaka is offline   Profile for MiyaTaka Add MiyaTaka to your buddy list
MiyaTaka
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MiyaTaka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with ={HSA}= MORO, its just a game. I find it really interesting and fun (but still its only for fun)

01.03.2009, 06:31 AM MiyaTaka is offline   Profile for MiyaTaka Add MiyaTaka to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OY +1
PM -2

Princess Mononoke - 8
My Neighbor Totoro - 8
Only Yesterday - 2

Don't. Just - don't.

01.03.2009, 06:40 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

PM +1
OY - 2

See ya.

Princess Mononoke - 9
My Neighbor Totoro - 8

Can I just say this game has really been caught up in some weird 'us v them' mentality.

I hope PM wins, I seriously think it is my favourite and the best Ghibli. It is the most epic, it is the most beautiful and it has the greatest plot. Thats my opinion. I do not dislike Whisper on the other hand, it should definitely have stayed in till the last 3. However I also dont think it deserved to win

01.03.2009, 07:10 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
che ken
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.27.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Interesting finals this my three faves right at the end!
My negative is gunna be tough...

Totoro +1
PM -2 (I don't wanna get rid of kikis, too painful )

My Neighbor Totoro - 9
Princess Mononoke - 7

It's up to you guys, bet it'll end today (As I've said earlier: TOTORO FTW!!!)

Post last edited by che ken on 01.03.2009, 08:15 AM.

01.03.2009, 08:10 AM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am sad that some people are shunning this game just because their particular favorite got out. And I disagree with whoever said the winner "will obviously not accurately portray what people actually like" because, well, unless people plus things they don't want to win and minus things they do want to win, the last one standing will obviously be one that generated the most pluses and least minuses. Whisper of the heart may have been #1 on many people's lists, but it was lower on many other people's lists which is why it got out. Like I said a while back, the winner will likely be the biggest "all-rounder" movie.

Also, it annoys me when people take this game as some sort of moral standpoint. If you want to get revenge on a movie, team up on a movie, only support one movie, then be my guest. But don't act as if it is unfair and immoral to do so. Because I think many people "lowered to that level" long before Whisper got out.

Wow, this is going to be one epic showdown. I can't wait to see who comes out on top! By the way guys, I was thinking of maybe doing other elimination games after this. Such as a main character elimination game or a villain elimination game. Thoughts?

01.03.2009, 08:48 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
MiyaTaka
Tanuki

I think that would be a really great idea. As much as I want to find out the winner of this, i also do not want it to end!

01.03.2009, 09:03 AM MiyaTaka is offline   Profile for MiyaTaka Add MiyaTaka to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A characters one would be fun. There's less likely to be any ganging up. Except possibly on Shizuku. ¬_¬

01.03.2009, 09:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
HataZaki
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think ganging up occurs when it seems one is clearly in the lead and the misfits band together, so I doubt it will occur in the character thread. The only problem could arise if people can't help but reflect a movie on the character. Like people might vote down Sophie because the dislike the movie, even though they don't mind the character herself. But i'll do it anyway.

01.03.2009, 09:24 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
HataZaki
Ohmu

In order, I would say the main characters are: Lupin, Nausicaa, Sheeta, Seita, Satsuki, Kiki, Taeko, Porco, Taku, Shoukichi, Shizuki, Ashitaka, Takashi, Chihiro, Haru, Sophie, Arren and Ponyo. Any objections?

01.03.2009, 09:39 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
che ken
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.27.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by che ken Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How bout Therru? She's the main female character from Tales from Earthsea and I think plays quite an important role in the film

01.03.2009, 10:03 AM che ken is offline   Profile for che ken Add che ken to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes but i still think as its Arren who has to evetually stop Cob, his character is more important than that of Therru

Oh and:
Kiki +1
Totoro-2

My Neighbor Totoro - 7
Princess Mononoke - 7
Kiki's Delivery Service - 3

Clicky

01.03.2009, 10:44 AM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No0o0o0o0o!!! Only Yesterday is eliminated!

Check out my music:

01.03.2009, 10:49 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I think ganging up occurs when it seems one is clearly in the lead and the misfits band together, so I doubt it will occur in the character thread.
You know, all this stuff about revenge, or ganging up, or or plus and minuses and whatnot...

Seriously, people. Have you NOT watched a SINGLE series of Survivor? Or do I have to spell out everything for you? Ganging up and all those other stuff will occur, regardless of the topic or situation. That's life. That's human behaviour. You can't change that.

Anyway:

Kiki +1
Totoro -2

My Neighbor Totoro - 7
Princess Mononoke - 7
Kiki's Delivery Service - 3

01.03.2009, 10:59 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji Amasawa
LOL, that makes no sense. Just because something had little backlash does mean it deserves to win. e.g. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, how many have seen it? If anything the movie that had the most positive and negitive score would be the winner add that up and you have your winner.

If you're trying to say that the film with the most pluses and least minuses will win, then I agree. But I fail to see how that "makes no sense." Maybe you'll understand HataZaki's explanation better?
quote:
And I disagree with whoever said the winner "will obviously not accurately portray what people actually like" because, well, unless people plus things they don't want to win and minus things they do want to win, the last one standing will obviously be one that generated the most pluses and least minuses.

That makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Also:
quote:
In order, I would say the main characters are: Lupin, Nausicaa, Sheeta, Seita, Satsuki, Kiki, Taeko, Porco, Taku, Shoukichi, Shizuki, Ashitaka, Takashi, Chihiro, Haru, Sophie, Arren and Ponyo. Any objections?

I don't know about limiting the list to protaganists. I think a lot of people's favorite characters are in supporting roles, and to limit each film to a single character is maybe too much. I know if we don't, the list will be huge, but then the game will last longer, I guess.

Okay, I admit it. Really, I just want to be able to vote for Fio. And Rikako.

Oh, yeah, voting.

+ Totoro
- Mononoke

My Neighbor Totoro - 9
Princess Mononoke - 5
Kiki's Delivery Service - 1

EDIT: Tall posted over me while I was editing my post, so to make things less confusing, I'll just post again after him.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 01.03.2009, 12:16 PM.

01.03.2009, 11:55 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Totoro +1
Kiki -2

My Neighbor Totoro - 8
Princess Mononoke - 7

Totoro must win this!

Check out my music:

01.03.2009, 12:13 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

+ Totoro
- Mononoke

My Neighbor Totoro - 9
Princess Mononoke - 5

01.03.2009, 12:17 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I don't know about limiting the list to protaganists. I think a lot of people's favorite characters are in supporting roles, and to limit each film to a single character is maybe too much. I know if we don't, the list will be huge, but then the game will last longer, I guess.

If the list really is stupidly long, we could just start it with 10 points each?

01.03.2009, 12:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Yeah, I think that would work.

I mean, really, there's usually at least two or three main characters per film. I'm not saying we should start throwing in the frog from Totoro or anything, but HMC should at least have Howl and Sophie. And I don't think we need to worry about having an unequal number of characters from each film, because this isn't a contest between films, now is it?

01.03.2009, 12:27 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks