QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Recurring characters, themes, objects, etc.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Recurring characters, themes, objects, etc. Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Indeedy doo

No face rocks. There was a play I was in where one of the scenes had us with blankets over ourselves and wearing masks. Me and my brother kept going "uh uh uh" at each other like No face XD

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

10.09.2006, 01:23 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool, no-face was cool, cant really think of anything else relavent.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.09.2006, 01:28 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My cousin and sister are scared of No-Face.

10.09.2006, 01:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I admit he was pretty strange when I first saw him, but I grew to like him

Post last edited by Freyarule on 10.09.2006, 02:14 PM.

10.09.2006, 01:58 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, I'm not scared of any ghibli characters.
Any of you?

10.09.2006, 02:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

I got pretty freaked by the demons and boars from Princess Mononoke. BLood and guts! O_O

10.09.2006, 02:17 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive never been freaked, but i did get unsettled when no-face was chasing chihiro and throwing up and all the slime, bleck!

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.09.2006, 02:22 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's the part my cousin and sister draw the point
at watching the film. No, if I can sit through the gore
in FMA, I can sit through anything anime's got!

10.09.2006, 02:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i can sit though akira, then you can handle almost anything.

Click for Gallery^^

10.09.2006, 02:28 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Freyarule
Totoro

I remember one part where no face was chasing chihiro, threw up, and said, "excuse me" XD

10.09.2006, 02:42 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yep, that was funny, the movie really wasnt all that humourous but it did have its parts.

Click for Gallery^^

10.09.2006, 02:43 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Freyarule
Totoro

I preffered the baby as the cute fluffy hamster thing :3
"chu!"

10.09.2006, 02:48 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah, him and the bird were cool, should have been more of them in there, would have made the film better.

Click for Gallery^^

10.09.2006, 02:49 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I liked the hamster thing! I should by it for my
Cousin!

10.09.2006, 03:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the hamster was cute. And the bird thing rocked!

10.09.2006, 03:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The hamster thing is called a Nezumi.

10.09.2006, 03:12 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
The hamster thing is called a Nezumi.

I think that's the Japanese word for mouse.

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10.09.2006, 03:35 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think you may be right, must check into this.

10.09.2006, 03:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Yes, Nezumi is the japanese word for mouse or rat.

10.10.2006, 11:11 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
congrats to 1000 posts sanfan, ill be next
My cutest character is little totoro (chu or sho, always get them confused). second is teto!!

Post last edited by Loscil on 10.10.2006, 05:06 PM.

10.10.2006, 05:06 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks