QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Next Ghibli Film Announcement
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Next Ghibli Film Announcement » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Next Ghibli Film AnnouncementPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The newest Ghibli film will be announced on December 13th, thought that was kinda interesting. Not sure if its worth making a new thread for.

Any speculation on what it might be? I hope Miyazaki diverts from his Ponyo vibe and heads back to something a little more like Spirited Away.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...-on-december-16

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

Post last edited by Miyrru on 12.09.2009, 05:04 PM.

12.09.2009, 02:35 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow I can't wait to hear what it is going to be. read the artical and it sounded like it's going to be directed by someone else but I could have miss-interpreted it. anyway I hope that it'll be something more along the lines of "howl's".

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

12.09.2009, 06:19 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looking forward to it...

12.09.2009, 08:35 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me too ^^

12.10.2009, 07:50 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, it's been announced.

http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

quote:
After yesterday's exclusive warming up on Twitter by GhibliWorld, today Studio Ghibli made the official announcement of their new full length feature film titled Karigurashi no Arrietty (The Borrower Arrietty). The film will be an adaptation of Mary Norton's Carnegie Medal winning novel The Borrowers and, as hinted earlier on GhibliWorld, will be directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi.

On the one hand......yay, new Ghibli film and all that.

On the other hand, it's not Miyazaki, but I guess I wasn't really expecting it to be. What I'm skeptic about is that its an adaptation of Mary Norton's "Borrowers". This makes me think of Howl's Moving Castle, or Tales from Earthsea. Adaptations don't seem to be a strength lately, I was kind of hoping for an original story.....but, still looking forward to it.

12.16.2009, 10:16 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with you there, Theowne

12.17.2009, 12:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Borrowers? Like, similar to that movie a few years back?

Not really looking forward to it, frankly.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.17.2009, 08:01 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well this has kind of a let down feeling of it. I hadnt really noticed how many adaptations Ghibli has been doing, but it is more then occasional. It would be nice to have some more original work which has got to be the strength of the studio.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

12.17.2009, 08:35 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm pumped for it

12.17.2009, 05:01 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yay! I wished for it to be more like Howl's and it seems like thats how it's gonna be! I am so excited for it. I think it's really cool that someone else is going to direct it other than Miyazaki. I am definitely having an open mind about this movie.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

12.17.2009, 07:04 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Kazna
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.30.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazna Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyway, i think this movie is worth looking forward to since it's directed by a newbie Ghibli director maybe it will get us something fresh

12.30.2009, 09:07 AM Kazna is offline   Profile for Kazna Add Kazna to your buddy list Homepage of Kazna
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Apparently Miyazaki is writing the script and closely supervising the project. That gives me hope.

01.01.2010, 02:08 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Kai12
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kai12 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hated the Borrowers book so i was kinda worried when i found out about this but hopefully Ghibli will make it good =D

02.16.2010, 06:50 AM Kai12 is offline   Profile for Kai12 Add Kai12 to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

I think it will be safe to say it probably won't resemble the book that much.

02.16.2010, 12:55 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
I<3 S.G.
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.23.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I<3 S.G. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Adaptations don't seem to be a strength lately, I was kind of hoping for an original story.....but, still looking forward to it.

I agree, but i'll have to read the book before i watch it...

We hope you enjoy your stay
Outside the sun is shining
It seems like heaven ain't far away

It's good to have you with us
Even if it's just for the day ♫

03.03.2010, 10:42 AM I<3 S.G. is offline   Profile for I<3 S.G. Add I<3 S.G. to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've looked up for the story *didn't knew it* but it sounds good, I am really looking forward, as always

03.03.2010, 02:11 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Turambar
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.20.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Turambar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Being British, I am quite familiar with The Borrowers, and am quite looking forward to this adaptation. It's a shame being British will mean I won't be able to see this film at the cinema for quite some time after the Japanese release, if the Ponyo debacle was anything to go by.

I'm sure it'll be better than the live-action effort that was released a few years. If the Studio Ghibli track record is anything to go by, it'll be a spectacle for sure.

Post last edited by Turambar on 03.03.2010, 05:31 PM.

03.03.2010, 05:29 PM Turambar is offline   Profile for Turambar Add Turambar to your buddy list
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Airettys song was good, so i'm pumped >: D
I'm sure it will be good, Ghibli are just too amazing to let us down

04.23.2010, 12:20 PM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks