QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Posters
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Posters » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  PostersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've just discover this stylish series of movie posters by James Bacon - there are on-demand prints here

08.27.2011, 10:45 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They look nice, but I wish that I could see more of the faces...

08.27.2011, 11:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, kind of odd how they are all facing away from you, but still cool!

Check out my music:

08.27.2011, 11:32 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that it is just the artist's style...

08.28.2011, 01:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow they look awesome!

08.28.2011, 04:59 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They're gorgeus. The only problem is that there's no Totoro

08.28.2011, 09:53 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw these a few days ago! I like the way they all follow the same layout. I wish that they'd used "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" instead, but then, has the title still not been changed back in the US?

08.28.2011, 10:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

You must remember, arren, that 'Laputa' has a very negative meaning in Spanish, which is spoken and/or understood by a lot of us here in the US

08.28.2011, 11:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm well aware of that. But as the original title was returned for the most recent UK DVD release, I wondered whether they'd finally changed it in the US. After all, I think anybody can see that it's one word, and therefore isn't meant to say "la puta".

08.28.2011, 01:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

yeah, but, unfortunately, too many people think without engaging their brains and will automatically think the worst.

regardless, WE know how good it really is no matter what it is called... lol

08.28.2011, 02:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh man, that kiki's delivery service one looks great.

08.28.2011, 02:48 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah i want to buy some... but i really should save money.

08.29.2011, 06:56 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks