QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Elements of Ghibli
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Elements of Ghibli » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Elements of GhibliPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi! I am a new member of the Tavern. I have a "game" to play.

Here's how you start; someone posts a sentence/name/place/phrase with elements of at least 3 Ghibli movies. Then, everyone has to find out which movies are included.
For example, my username:
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-gyo.

San- Princess Mononoke
Toelle Ul- 'True King' in Laputian
Shichikokuyama-gyo- The place the Kurokabes live in Tonari no Totoro

So now that you guys know how to play, here is a good one:
I was on my way to Market Chipping, when I bumped into the Radish Spirit. I continued on my way. I ended up buying a crystal dagger and a herring pie .

04.13.2012, 11:50 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the tavern San! i do like the idea and it does sound like a good game but eh....

04.14.2012, 12:31 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oo this sounds fun. Hard. But still fun.

I know that the radish spirit is from spirited away, and the herring pie is from kikis. Im not sure about the other two... Is the daggar from Nausicaa?

04.14.2012, 01:52 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think the market chipping is from Tales of Earthsea, not to sure though, the crystal dagger could be from either Nausicca like cal said or again from Earthsea... oh wait can more than one thing within the sentence be from the same film or do they all have to be different?

04.14.2012, 09:28 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It doesn't really matter.

So, I'll tell you guys what you got right.
Radish Spirit- Spirited Away
Herring pie- Kiki's

No Earthsea in here.

04.14.2012, 10:50 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As I remember, the blades in Nausicaa are ceramic or Ohmu shell...

04.14.2012, 01:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hint: the crystal dagger is worn as a necklace.

04.14.2012, 01:56 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is the crystal dagger from Princess Mononoke?

04.14.2012, 02:13 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Ohmu

Yup!
I'm REALLY sorry, guys. My bad. Market Chipping is where Howl's takes place. In the book. Not in the anime. Oops. Sorry guys!

Anyways, here's the next one.

I was drawing crows on my roof when I found a tin of fruit-drop candies on the floor. I picked it up, as I saw a *fox squirrel following a trail of nuts and seeds.

*-It was in 2 movies.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 04.14.2012, 02:54 PM.

04.14.2012, 02:23 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiki-Fireflies-Laputa-Totoro...

if I'm right, then it's my turn, right?

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.14.2012, 04:08 PM.

04.14.2012, 03:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

I was sitting in my room, when I saw a giant insect try to eat a talking frog wearing a blue robe. I was stunned to see a scarecrow hop towards the chaos. Afterscreaming until my throat was sore, I heard everybody involved in this fiasco sing;

Mr. Raccoon, Mr. Raccoon Can't you play with me somehow?

I thought I was delirious, but then my red handheld radio turned on, and the news reporter said that it was a trick by ghosts. Then, I sawweird, black, spherical creatures floating from my roof to a tree. 'Weird' I thought, as I switched on the TV to watch Pokemon.

04.14.2012, 04:09 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Nausicaa-Spirited Away-Howl's-Pom Poko-Kiki-Totoro...

After seeing the gas-filled airship , I bathed in the clear, fresh stream after swimming in the ocean (couple of places) to get rid of the salt water on my skin. I then went to sleep on the beach.

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.14.2012, 04:35 PM.

04.14.2012, 04:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

The Airship could be Nausicaa or Laputa...?
Swimming in the Ocean could be Ponyo...?

04.14.2012, 04:30 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Could be, I suppose, but not what I'm thinking of...

Guess I should have made airship clearer...

edit to "gas-filled airship "

hahaha, just realized that isn't much help, is it.... sigh

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.14.2012, 04:36 PM.

04.14.2012, 04:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Hmm... the dirigible in Kiki's?

04.14.2012, 04:36 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

No, sorry...

I wasn't purposely trying to be ambigious. I just put down what entered my mind...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.14.2012, 04:38 PM.

04.14.2012, 04:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Errrrr...
[Wow, I just realized how much I suck at my own game]
Bathing in the clear, fresh stream... Porco?

04.14.2012, 04:40 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

No... altho that is an answer to another portion of the statement...

04.14.2012, 04:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

The airship?
Or the Ocean?

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 04.14.2012, 04:45 PM.

04.14.2012, 04:45 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, OK, I see that I'll have to go ahead and give the answer as I realize that it is too all-encompassing to many other movies than the ones that I thought of...

The airship in Whisper of the Heart; Nausicaa'a clesr, fresh stream; Rikako swimming in the ocean in Hawaii (Ocean Waves); and Fio sleeping on the beach in Porco Rosso...

No, not an easy game by any means...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.14.2012, 04:50 PM.

04.14.2012, 04:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks