QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I've finally seen all of the Ghibli films!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » I've finally seen all of the Ghibli films! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
LukeSanders12
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.03.06
  I've finally seen all of the Ghibli films!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LukeSanders12 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thought i would stick up in what order i liked them! (best to worst)

1. Grave of the Fireflies
2. Princess Mononoke
3. My Neighbor Totoro
4. Laputa: The Castle in the Sky
5. Howl's Moving Castle
6. Spirited Away
7. Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind
8. Kiki's Delivery Service
9. Only Yesterday
10. Whisper of the Heart
11. Ocean Waves
12. The Cat Returns
13. Porco Rosso
14. My Neighbors the Yamadas
15. Pom Poko

Havent seen much of the pre-ghibli stuff yet so i shall check that out.

what does everyone else think?
agree disagree?

I have to say GotF is in a leauge of its own

11.05.2006, 04:32 PM LukeSanders12 is offline   Profile for LukeSanders12 Add LukeSanders12 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've only got 4 left to see, no, 5.
I haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies, but
I own it.
I forgot Gedo Senki.

11.05.2006, 04:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HA!
you havent watched Gedo Senki yet!!
(i think only Kanta has..)
Im only missing 3 or 4...
yo Jazzy, you got only yesterday, omoide poro poro etc..

ps: does ghibli shorts count as one, coz if it does, then youre misssing that one too!!

11.05.2006, 04:49 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't say Shorts count as a film... but anyhoo, I've got loads still to see.

The ones I haven't seen are:
Porco Rosso
The Cat Returns
My Neighbour Totoro
Only Yesterday
Ocean Waves
My Neighbours The Yamadas
Pom Poko
Gedo Senki
And the ones I've only seen part of are:
Kiki's Delivery Service
Nausicaa

I'm waaaaaaaay behind lol

11.05.2006, 04:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen all of those except Ocean Waves (never seen it any shops etc.) Only Yesterday (is it good?) or my neighbours the Yamada's simply because it looks rubbish and i dont wanna wast emy money on it, its unlikely ill ever c tht one but i dont giv a dam

11.05.2006, 05:01 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't think that was very interesting at first,
until I learned more about it.
Ocean Waves and Only Yesterday aren't in english.
I'm getting them in a box set.
Oh, JRR, you can spell it that way, Jazzy, if you'd like.
My spelling, that I gave myself(some annoyance gave
me that name last year;he was hitting on me*stab with
pencil*Die!)is Jazzi.

11.05.2006, 05:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!ooooh where are you buying that set?
got a link?

11.05.2006, 06:41 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

eBay or toysnjoys.
www.toysnjoys.com
Ghibli has there own section.

11.05.2006, 08:17 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Porcillio Rosso
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Porcillio Rosso Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive seen them all i own them all ive heard all teh sound tracks and have them all i have all the novels and pickture books teh plusshess dollos movies and i have the special 1st 2nd edition of all the myazaki films

11.06.2006, 04:15 AM Porcillio Rosso is offline   Profile for Porcillio Rosso Add Porcillio Rosso to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Temocx
Loscil
Baron

YO!
Welcome..
where you from?
Got a direct link Jazzi, couldnt find it..

11.06.2006, 04:26 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seen all except Yamadas which I don't give a damn, and Gedo Senki.

Seen On Your Mark and the two Giblies shorts?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.06.2006, 06:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
my neighbours the Yamada's simply because it looks rubbish and i dont wanna wast emy money on it, its unlikely ill ever c tht one but i dont giv a dam

Judging a book by it's cover?

11.06.2006, 07:11 AM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm gonna watch it, and you should too, Neko Shojo!
It sounds quite funny, and who cares for the animation
style! It's a ghibli film, isn't it?

11.06.2006, 07:13 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!
It looks different, but interesting.. i think Ill watch it, nah - I KNOW ILL WATCH IT!!

11.06.2006, 05:31 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hehe.
And Raymus hasn't watched any!!
Little brut. That was his homework!

11.06.2006, 05:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Golem
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.13.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Golem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All movies are so damn good.

Sad if you can't see any of these for whatever reason ... even it looks rubbish.

11.13.2006, 01:04 AM Golem is offline   Profile for Golem Add Golem to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm missing all the pre-Ghibli films, as well as Pom Poko, the Yamadas, the new Earthsea one, and probably alot of the "shorts".

Think that covers it though.

11.13.2006, 03:19 AM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never seen the Yamadas, Only Yesterday and Tales from Earthsea(<<I want to watch this badly , want to see Therru's scene while she was singing Teru no Uta (: )

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

11.13.2006, 08:37 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
whynotrye
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.13.06
  gedo senkiPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by whynotrye Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I caught a screening of it - it wasn't bad, but not as good as some of the other ones.

Teru's song was beautiful.

11.13.2006, 05:46 PM whynotrye is offline   Profile for whynotrye Add whynotrye to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!
WAWAWIWA!! where did you see it?

11.13.2006, 05:57 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks