QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The boiler man in Spirited Away
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions The boiler man in Spirited Away Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Nodon
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.14.07
  The boiler man in Spirited AwayPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nodon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone, Could some please tell me what the tool the Boiler man in Spirited Away is useing and what it is called, by tool I mean the round disk knife that he is useing to chop up herbs?

05.14.2007, 06:16 AM Nodon is offline   Profile for Nodon Add Nodon to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That tool is called YAGEN. It's a kind of stone mill.
He is grinding medicinal herb. It is usaly used by raditional medicine doctors.

Btw, his name is Kama-ji. Kama means boiler and Ji means old man.
We can see same charactor in Laputa. He is also boiler man of pirate's air ship.

[IMG]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/879/yagengu0.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

Welcome to this forum.
Btw, why are you Nodon?
Are you North Korean missile?

Post last edited by Kanta on 05.15.2007, 10:47 AM.

05.15.2007, 10:41 AM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
Nodon
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.14.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nodon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, Kanta for your help, were did you find a pic. of the yagen, I have looked all over the web for what it was called and could find nothing. do you know of a web site that I might find out more about it.

as far as my name gose it is part of my first name , backward and forward. Donald , Don, Nod, Nodon

05.15.2007, 04:28 PM Nodon is offline   Profile for Nodon Add Nodon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does the same voice actor do both the old engineer in the airship in Laputa and Kamaji in SA? They sound very similar to me.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.15.2007, 05:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To Nodon

quote:
Thank you, Kanta for your help, were did you find a pic. of the yagen, I have looked all over the web for what it was called and could find nothing. do you know of a web site that I might find out more about it.

Google it------薬研-------or やげん----------

To Saddle

Kamaji is acted by Sugawara Bunta-----is a famous real action actor. He also acted Gedo( aka--Haitaka) in Gedo Senki.
[IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6793/buntaasc8.jpg" border=0>[/IMG] [IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/907/gedohaitakagw9.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

The engineer in Laputa is acted by Saikachi Ryuji.
He is a veteran voice actor. Example, he acted Mathew in Takahata's Ann of Green Gables.
[IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3426/saikachila5.jpg" border=0> [/IMG] [IMG]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5986/mashutj4.jpg" border=0> [/IMG]

05.15.2007, 09:04 PM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
Ryuji35
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.11.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ryuji35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I used to love the voice of Matthew in Anne, I just don't know but it really suits him well, but now I guess time pass by!!!

anyways.. Hi guys

Bou: I am not afraid of blood, let's play!

05.19.2007, 07:48 AM Ryuji35 is offline   Profile for Ryuji35 Add Ryuji35 to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Ryuji!

See you later, The FA Cup Final is about to start!

05.19.2007, 08:50 AM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Go Man U!

05.19.2007, 09:50 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I almost forgot you guys were from UK until you mentioned the FA cup. Damn you guys sure love your sport.

Man U lost, too bad. Then again, I don't do football.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.19.2007, 11:14 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
well.. im not from the UK.
Im in Spain, following the REALLY tight last matches in the League, i mean:
Madrid 66 points
Barcelona 66 points (my team)
Sevilla 65 points
Valencia 64 points

4 matches left.. its all still in there. Barcelonas playing today.
Gotta win, eventhough its a tight match.

But Im still interested in major football events in other countries FA cup, or the German one.. whatever. And I like Man U.
mourinho sucks.

05.20.2007, 04:46 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Man U should have won. They were the better team for the entire game except for that one moment at the end of extra time.

05.20.2007, 05:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

soccer, i will never understand the subtlties of the sport, as much as i detest it, i saw Rooney curve a sweet goal on a highlight reel, so i have to root for manU after that, too bad they lost.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.20.2007, 11:13 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i miss #1sanfan!!!.. i hope he see this.. kinda out of the subject lol

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

05.20.2007, 01:15 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah im here hows it going?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.20.2007, 01:28 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmm boring as usual

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

05.20.2007, 02:16 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I almost forgot you guys were from UK until you mentioned the FA cup. Damn you guys sure love your sport.

Not all of us are soccer mad, Roar. I hate it (I hate all sports that use a ball).

Sports that use horses and cars I quite like to watch, and things that are played (or danced) on ice, but that's about it.

Don't play any sport though. To (try and) keep fit I cycle, swim and walk. Alone. Helps me think and keeps me sane.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.20.2007, 03:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

YO!
I am football crazy.
Playing it.. watching it.
Its beautiful.

My favourite playing game could possibly be table tennis thoiugh.
I play it a lot, and although im no master, ive gotten pretty good at it..
and its loads of fun.

05.20.2007, 04:05 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i hate soccer(football) im quite well recieved to every other sport minus basketball. and i dont really even bother talking abotu soccer or i get in an arguement with someone.
i prefer america's national passtime. yes i like baseball, yes im also aware most people would rather watch grass grow or any equivalents. but thats just the way im wired.

Click for Gallery^^

05.20.2007, 04:15 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
My favourite playing game could possibly be table tennis thoiugh.

Table tennis is awesome! I normally play it every school day, but lately it hasn't been on.

05.21.2007, 10:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

YO!
Exactly the same here.
Gotta study nowadays, ubt its normally a regular at school.
Ive actually got a (BLUE!) table at home, and I play ther against my bros..
but I always play better in school. Maybe its the bat.
dunno...

05.21.2007, 02:25 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks