QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - TCR sequel: Yume no Machi preview
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions TCR sequel: Yume no Machi preview Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  TCR sequel: Yume no Machi previewPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://rapidshare.de/files/29208033/Yume_no_Machi.zip.html

I tore a copy apart ;_; But at least the scans look great, even with a horrible printer.

Anyway, yeah, project's on, though slow, since as always, I'm doing it mostly solo, except translations (minna mata yoroshiku ne ). I only scanned those first few pages, so don't expect too much.

But anyway, just enjoy. The trans for these few pages is mostly done, but it's a rough trans, hardly refined, much less complete, so I won't post it here unless there's a strong violent reaction, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.13.2006, 02:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh thank you very much for sharing the first chapter of the raws. Sad to hear that you have to destroy a copy of the manga for the scanning, but the scans are superb in quality. The torn one is not your only copy, is it? Anyway I enjoyed your previous works, and I look forward to see your translations of this manga.

08.13.2006, 11:29 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool i wonder what happens in the story..

08.13.2006, 12:37 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, it's not, I have two copies now. Happily, I was able to get one without having to order from Japan- they had a copy in the store already.

The scans are cleaned up. Scanned at 300DPI, grayscale, some sharpening during scanning. Edited by levelling white to 50, black to 205.

And yes, it's pretty interesting. I haven't had a chance to sit down and read it properly, but Ayako seems to be a bit knowledgeable about Aki's situation.

Trivia: When typing on the notepad, the kanji for Aki's name is always written as Akira. Somehow, Aki doesn't give me her Kanji.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.14.2006, 12:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

who's aki?

08.14.2006, 06:44 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Totoro35
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totoro35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanafan
who's aki?

The main protagonist of the story.

08.14.2006, 09:01 AM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, sorry. Oughta give a slight intro.

The main character is Aki, who has been having recurring dreams of a nostalgic town, where she has been meeting with someone.

Her two friends are usually called Oi-chan and Maaya, (long hair and short hair respectively), their real names being Oikawa Sumire(及川スミレ) and Mashita/Mamoto Ayako (間下アヤコ). Not sure on the latter's surname reading, but I'm guessing it's the first one. More common, I guess.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.14.2006, 09:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This sounds interesting. When did it get published, and can we have some more information?

08.17.2006, 11:28 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Author: HIIRAGI Aoi
Published: March 2nd, 2003
Publisher: Margaret Comics
ISBN: 4-08-847600-X C9979

Btw, next 20 pages up here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/29817261/Yume_no_Machi2.zip.html

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.18.2006, 12:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks