QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cutest anime charachter
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cutest anime charachter » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now you're just being silly. Of course she's real. I read about it somewhere on the internet.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.16.2007, 10:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I prefer Rei not smiling. That sadness is what makes her so alluring.

Recently, people have been saying how cute Mitsuki looks in her 16/12 yr old form. I say she looks cuter during the time she was younger, with Eichi. And here's proof.

That's downsized, of course. I have a MUCH bigger version

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.16.2007, 11:16 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice picture. Not wanting to have a go at you at all but I think it a little strange when people say "she looks much cuter when..." and then produce artwork that is nothing like she is in the TV series.

The clothes there and her expression and her face as a 10YO are so different, so much more mature than she is in her 12YO form in the show that it could be another person.

I admit, my pic of Rei was fanart too and so can be attacked in this way but the Rei pic did at least look like her and have the same sad demeanour Rei always has.

As I said, not wanting to be rude but I just wanted to make that comment.

Her super cuteness in the TV series is enough for me. That and the fact that she dances so nicely.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.17.2007, 03:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Omis
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know I'm strange but I also really dig her in the start of the series when she's bandaged up. Sort of a damsel in destress. My girlfriends satnext to me in a net cafe. Smirking to herself. Probs thinks I'm a loser but I don't care. I think every man comes to a point in his life where he has to except his feelings. Hey, I like it blue haired women. Not marge tho. :S

06.17.2007, 08:30 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i second the mitsuki motion.

she is adorable, cutest by far. i dont like it that i have to break from the series for a bit, but ill be back into it the moment exams are done.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.17.2007, 10:18 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Mitsuki is cute, sure, but not my favourite by a long way. I prefer girls faces that are a little more realistically drawn, the huge huge eyes still cause me issues.

I'm happy with big eyes in general otherwise I wouldn't be watching this stuff but more towards the Miyazaki drawing style rather that Full Moon's.

And I don't get on with this really zany overcomplex huge hair that seems popular either, stuff that would require a whole can of mousse each morning to make it stay that shape...

But Mitsuki's cuteness comes not so much from looks as from personality, from her behaviour.

Rei on the other hand would only have to sit in a room and look at me, or rather in her case, as she does, stare at a wall...

06.17.2007, 12:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rei tops all, period.

Btw, if you notice, Mitsuki's crying in my picture. Now ain't that just sweet

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.17.2007, 11:14 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im removed from eva, it doesnt have the same effect on me as it once did. its still great, maybe i have to re-watch it, but Rei is a great charachter, but she doesnt define 'cute'. intriguing perhaps, but far form cute.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.18.2007, 03:21 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Omis
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rei.... Not cute.... What nonesense is this? There isn't anything cuter than that reflective, subdued look in her eyes when she questions her existence.

I've forgotten which episode it is. Weaving a tale or something. The one which is half way through the series showing the Angels up to Ireul. Truly wonderful moment in animated history. Sorry I'm getting carried away. I'll stop now....

06.21.2007, 05:01 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can you say which ep exactly? I'm watching the series again at the moment (4th time through) only at ep.5 so far. I'd like to catch the episode you mean.

06.21.2007, 04:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Couldn't wait for me! Oh well, never mind.

06.21.2007, 05:28 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nope, this series is so good I can watch it and watch it, over and over. As soon as your current issues are resolved you're more than welcome to come up and we'll have an Evangelion-fest. Just rewatching it now reminds me 1) how bloody good it is and 2) that you have just got to see it.

06.21.2007, 07:38 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Nope, this series is so good I can watch it and watch it, over and over. As soon as your current issues are resolved you're more than welcome to come up and we'll have an Evangelion-fest. Just rewatching it now reminds me 1) how bloody good it is and 2) that you have just got to see it.

yep so true, i have to see it again, but ive exhausted my art skills on the series, i can make anything form it anymore, maybe i have to watch it agin to get reconnected, maybe we should do it as the 2nd edition of anime club, but it is so well known and documented, it may not be worth it.

Click for Gallery^^

06.21.2007, 09:45 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The more I watch this series the MORE I love it. Knowing now how it will end, the early episodes where Shinji first starts to get to know Misato and Rei are almost heartbreakingly sad in places. Ep.6 where Rei defends EVA01s sniper rifle attack with her shield had me in tears this time. Her willingness to die because she's been created to do a task I find so upsetting. Her charater grows on me more and more.

And that smile... *sighs* ...is there any more perfect scene anywhere in the history of anime?

I find I have more respect for Misato each time I watch it too, God she's an amazing woman, really incredibly tough and quick witted, a powerful decision maker.

I'd love to do an anime club session on this but others may think its been done to death.

06.22.2007, 07:49 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I don't mind... anything for Rei... *drools*

On a more serious note, Paranoia Agent is a better choice for that. Or SEL.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.22.2007, 11:11 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

maybe SEL, id be ok with that.

Click for Gallery^^

06.23.2007, 12:33 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Omis
Tanuki

Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner. Down with food poisoning. india is a great place but not so good when you get the dreaded lurgy. Anyway the episode with Rei....

Episode 14- Weaving a Story. Second half of the episode.

I don't know exactly why but it's a highlight in the series for me. Subtle and touching

Enjoy and do tell me what you think of it when you watch it again Saddle.

06.24.2007, 05:20 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Omis Episode 14- Weaving a Story. Second half of the episode.

I don't know exactly why but it's a highlight in the series for me. Subtle and touching

Enjoy and do tell me what you think of it when you watch it again Saddle.
Oh, I know exactly why. Second half of 14 is when the whole story blows wide open and we learn all sorts of odd things are going on.

SPOILERS ALERT!

SPOLIERS ALERT!

CHIHIROS DREAM BOY - DON'T READ!

I think its actually the end of ep.13 when I watched it first time, after Dr. Akagi had told us that long long speech about the three Magi and her involvement in them and how a certain someone else had had an involvement in them... I recall seeing that and thinking "What the hell was all that about?" I'm sat here watching a "teen boy mecha pilot with a harem of cute girls" sc-fi show and so what the hell was that just then?

And it's really at the end of ep.13 (half way through the series) that everything changes.

Ep.14 begins with a summary of what has gone on so far - all the angels, all the Eva battles and leaving out all the personal stuff between the characters, all the interactions we've seen so far. Then part 2 of ep.14 begins with Ayanami's Song or Ayanami's Poem as it's called and its a complete switch from the external giant robot battles stuff to internal personal touchy-feely stuff. And you're absolutely right, the second half of ep.14 is maybe the most crucial 15 minutes in the series. We find out that Asuka thinks Rei is odd, Futsuragi thinks Ikari is odd for focussing too much on Rei (he's wrong but we don't know that yet), Rei "installs" the Lance of Longinus, we get that short but very telling discussion between Dr Akagi and Maya about the dummy plug system and how Maya can't understand it because she's not been 'sullied'. Misato is listening in on all this and she begins to add up 2 and 2 and begins to wonder about stuff. We get Rei and Shinji doing the interchangeability test between Evas 00 and 01 and that throws up some puzzling things...

So on top of the end of ep.13 when we saw that the 3 magi have a human personality component (and they look inside like intestines and have a human brain type CPU) we are teased about drawing conclusions about the three EVAs, so from here on in it all gets much more interesting.

So, yeah, "Weaving a Story" is maybe the key episode of the series. It is also sad too because we get the sensation for the first time that Shinji is being used for his fathers own purposes and certainly Rei is. Her song is touching and it hurts to know that she has real emotions yet isn't allowed by Ikari to be a complete person, she's just his tool. And that's a very depressing thought.

Its this that makes me hate Commander Ikari so much. Sure he has a job to do and is doing it the way he thinks is best but the whole Rei thing and the way he uses her and doesn't care that she has feelings and interacts with Shinji and to a lesser extent Misato and Asuka turns my stomach. This part of his plan is just sick.

And its things like this that make Evangelion possibly the best anime TV series ever made, of any genre. Period.

06.24.2007, 11:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Omis
Tanuki

quote:
And its things like this that make Evangelion possibly the best anime TV series ever made, of any genre. Period.

Beautifully put Saddle. Applause!.....

For me Evangelion is the best anime series that I know. Studio Ghibli films are also trully brilliant but in a entirely different way. Without stating the obvious watching a series is very different to watching an individual film.

06.25.2007, 08:45 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
On a more serious note, Paranoia Agent is a better choice for that. Or SEL.

I agree. I'd like to see Paranoia Agent, but it might be ever so slightly too violent for some. In fact, I'd also liek to see the rest of SEL. xP

06.25.2007, 01:23 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks