QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - favorite film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » favorite film » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somehow I failed to mention NARUTO THE MOVIE

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

Post last edited by shiawase on 03.18.2006, 10:02 PM.

03.18.2006, 10:01 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Incredibles and Howl's moving castle

03.22.2006, 11:13 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Andy Dainty
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Andy Dainty Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can never resist making my opinion known with a poll so here goes. Although I have not seen that many anime's yet so my choices are somewhat limited

1) Ghost in the Shell
2) Howl's Moving Castle
3) Spirited Away
4) Cowboy Beebop
5) Pom Poko

As a sneaky entry I would put one of the short films from the Animatrix in at 6) Beyond as I find it as beautiful and relaxing to watch as any Studio Ghibli film. There are a lot of shorts on the complelation that are not to my tastes however.

I have seen Akira and was surpirsed after all the hype compare to how good Ghost in the Shell was. I have seen the sequel and was thoroughly confused and will have to watch again. (Also Dissapointed with the Stand Alone Complex series)

I do however love Noir and the Cowboy Beebop series.

04.12.2006, 11:50 AM Andy Dainty is offline   Profile for Andy Dainty Add Andy Dainty to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away, and Perfect Blue (omg, I love that movie!!!) Also The Animatrix (except for Detective Story, Trinity sux!), Totoro and The Cat Returns

05.14.2006, 11:36 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have Perfect Blue, I love that one too. It took me so long to get that film over the border. The companies couldn't get it to me and when they finally did, 2 months had passed. I wasn't too upset though. Great film, worth waiting!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

Post last edited by shiawase on 05.15.2006, 06:40 PM.

05.15.2006, 06:40 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved the cat returns it was such a good movie and also whisper of the heart . perfect blue of course is with them and i also liked the cowboy bebop and fullmetal alchemist movies.

05.16.2006, 07:54 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
blaka002
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blaka002 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mine is

1) spirited away
2) akira
3) steamboy
4) princess mononoke
5) ghost in the shell

shamefully i cant think of any more anime film that i have seen at the moment

05.21.2006, 07:22 AM blaka002 is offline   Profile for blaka002 Add blaka002 to your buddy list
Trenton
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Trenton Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Spirited Away
2. My Neighbour Totoro
3. Whisper of the Heart
4. Nausiicaa
5. Howl's Moving Castle
6. Akira
7. Steamboy
8. Cowboy Bebop
9. Metropolis
10. Ghost in the Shell
11. Perfect Blue

It could be that I have forgot one or two that should have been on this list though...

Post last edited by Trenton on 05.28.2006, 01:02 PM.

05.28.2006, 01:00 PM Trenton is offline   Profile for Trenton Add Trenton to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd have to say How's Moving Castle only because the entire Nausicaa manga series hasn't been made into a movie (yet!). As Hakito wrote, the manga series is so much more detailed, it's almost a different story altogether! so you could say that my favorite heroine is Nausicaa, closely followed by Princess Mononoke

05.29.2006, 05:03 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My top three animated films are

1. Spirited Away (Japanese dialog version)
2. Pinocchio
3. Totoro (Any dialog version)

My top three films period are

1. 2001
2. The Hustler
3. Spirited Away (Japanese dialog version)

Disney nearly ruined Spirited Away, deviating from Miyazaki's message. The English dialog version is good, but it's not in my top anything list.

05.30.2006, 02:49 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Sakura22
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sakura22 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi I´m new

1. Hotaru no Haka (Japanese version)
2. Tonari no Totoro (Japanese version)
3. Majo no Takkyubin (Japanese version)

in german are the Movies not good

06.08.2006, 03:57 PM Sakura22 is offline   Profile for Sakura22 Add Sakura22 to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

favorite ghibli movies :

1-spirited away
2-howl's moving castle
3-nausicaa
4-whisper of the heart
5-princess mononoke

and etc...etc....

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.09.2006, 06:35 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dballred

1. 2001

Dude, such an awesome movie!! The first few times I tried watching it, I thought it was so boring. But the next time I watched it, it just suddenly struck me how amazingly brilliant and beautiful the movie was! In my opinion, Stanley Kubrick is the greatest Western director ever! (although I'll never understand why he gave AI to that bloody hack Spielberg (who I hate with every fibre of my being!! ), I guess as it was just before he sadly died ( ), he probs wasn't in his right mind. Still, we forgive and love you Stanley! )
EVERYONE, watch this movie!!

06.09.2006, 08:20 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
quote:
Originally posted by dballred

1. 2001

Dude, such an awesome movie!! The first few times I tried watching it, I thought it was so boring. But the next time I watched it, it just suddenly struck me how amazingly brilliant and beautiful the movie was!

Agreed, absolute classic, it's unfortunate our technology is not up there yet

06.10.2006, 05:48 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my fav
1. spirited away
2. howl's moving castle
3. kiki's delivery service
4. princess mononoke
5. nana live action movie..not ghibli

07.14.2006, 05:28 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1 - Howls Moving Castle
2 - Grave of The Fireflies
3 - Spirited Away
4 - My Neighbour Totoro
5 - Whisper Of The Heart

This is my Ghibli Top 5. I still have some movies to see, like Laputa: Castle In The Sky, or Porco Rosso...

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

07.14.2006, 10:23 AM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

laputa is really good haven't seen porco rossi..or my neighbor totoro yet...

07.14.2006, 02:40 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

I'm watching Totoro tonight! I thought Rosso was simply a masterpiece (seems like I'm one of the few!)

07.16.2006, 05:20 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Aviator, I think the trouble with Porco Rosso is that it's so unlike the other Ghibli films, The Yamada's had the same trouble! Also, it really is a boy's movie, what with all the planes and wars!

07.16.2006, 10:23 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

I guess you've got a point, my interest in aviation tends to bias my tastes a bit

07.16.2006, 11:11 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks