QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The problem wioth everyone being on simultaneously is..
that as its not a chat, you will pretty often give a direct answer and find that at least 2 peole have answered before you.. and oyur ost doesnt make sense anymore.

05.20.2007, 04:03 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, i realized that, we could always use the old IRc chat room, if its still up.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.20.2007, 04:12 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats true
we could possibly set up a thread for longer discussions and such.
its hard to bring over a good lengthy point in a chat...
but for interactive discussion the chat would be pretty awesome.
We should check if its still up.

05.20.2007, 06:29 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
loopy lou
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.21.07
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by loopy lou Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think this is a really good idea.
But know all you got to do is get this idea of yours together.

05.21.2007, 04:40 AM loopy lou is offline   Profile for loopy lou Add loopy lou to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i checked the room, it still is open, so maybe we can do that.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.21.2007, 12:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

YO!
then I think we should put up a thread..
for nice lengthy discussions.
and maybe set up an hur..
or half an hour in a chatroom so we can all simultaneously discuss..
and maybe eventually revert to more mundane things.

05.21.2007, 02:24 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
i checked the room, it still is open, so maybe we can do that.

Can you give the address again please? I think I deleted Mirc off my PC again recently as I never used it...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.21.2007, 04:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

umm, yeah give me a sec. ill put it in an edit.
go to this old link form the site
http://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/threa...0&boardid=1

Click for Gallery^^

Post last edited by Miyrru on 05.21.2007, 05:05 PM.

05.21.2007, 05:03 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not really into chatting. Like I said before, I'm an introvert.

I use mIRC a lot, but just to leech stuff. But then you guys already know that

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.22.2007, 12:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry I haven´t been participating. I´ll catch up in a month and a half or so. I don´t have any way of watching it right now, since internet costs 2 euros an hour and there isn´t any audio.

Post last edited by Seiji on 05.24.2007, 03:26 PM.

05.24.2007, 03:26 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i hate to see it, but i think i have a good idea here, but i cant execute it very well. i havent started watching it yet, and i havent still really figured the discussion part out yet. oh well, i tried. still have some edges to smooth out and it would work nicely. has anyone started watching yet?

Click for Gallery^^

05.24.2007, 03:31 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not yet - still hasn't arrived.

We could actually discuss it on my LiveJournal - that is effectively a blog but you can leave comments to the main post. The main post might just say "Full Moon Ep.1 Discuss" and then the discussion is nested like on a proper mailing list, so if one thread goes off to discuss artwork and another goes off to discuss music the two would be easily identifiable and separate. You can also subscribe to discussions so if a new comment is made you'd get an e-mail reminder.

Or we could set up a Yahoo Group - also dead easy.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.24.2007, 04:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah we could do that, any one oppose?

Click for Gallery^^

05.24.2007, 04:47 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sorry, I sounded like I was muscling in on your idea. Its your baby really. I assumed all along we'd just discuss it here, but I don't have strong views either way.

05.24.2007, 04:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

no it sounds like a good idea, we can do either, since we probably, iff we ever do start watching it, then we will probably branch off in multiple sections. or spoma it slightly, it might just be easier, im ok doing it on here, i just gotta get everyone co-ordinated, adn then the idea should work out well.

Click for Gallery^^

05.24.2007, 04:58 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I oppose.

Be it LiveJournal of mailing list, it's literally no different than logging on here and posting. And there's the added bonus of increased traffic, as well as outside participation, which as far as I can see, isn't prohibited.

I vote we just stay here. Seriously, weighing the pros and cons, you realise it's just exactly the same. I mean hey, UO has been kind enough to give us an anime forum, might as well take advantage of that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.25.2007, 12:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

YO!
I think so too.
The only thing that I think could be slightly better would be a facebook group dedicated entirely to it.
But many people are anti-facebook round here so thats probably a no go.

05.25.2007, 03:29 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah i agree, we'll keep i here, and i am very anti-facebook, so i wouldnt let that go.

Click for Gallery^^

05.25.2007, 03:23 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sure, fine by me.

We just need a show of hands as to when we all have the series then (or the first few eps)?

Will we do it an ep at a time or in chunks of 3(?) or so?

05.25.2007, 04:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Can we have a show of hands, who's ready to go?

To those wanting to participate but don't have the series, you can try searching Youtube (not guaranteed tho), or you can drop me an email and I'll open up my MSN so I can send you the eps. Beware though, it's about 170MB big, so will take some time.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.25.2007, 11:56 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks