QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Fruits Basket
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Fruits Basket » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're welcome. Let me know what you think as I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. I might be motivated if I hear some good stuff ^_^

10.14.2007, 02:37 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
You're welcome. Let me know what you think as I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. I might be motivated if I hear some good stuff ^_^

Finish it! It's great stuff! I'll be finally getting around to buying the manga pretty soon. They just started to release it in a hardbound edition, so I think I'll be getting those since they'll last forever.

@Saddles, you could always borrow my DVD's if you wanted to! I've been wanting to see karekano. Maybe we could pull off a transatlantic borrowing thing!

10.14.2007, 04:35 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Seiji - No you couldn't, his and yours'd be the wrong region.

I love Fruits Basket so much, although I've only seen 7 1/2 episodes. The rest of the DVDs are stuck in the post and may not arrive for two weeks yet because of the strikes so that is majorly frustrating but anyway... Fruits Basket rules.

10.14.2007, 04:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats a great offer, thank you. However I am very attached to my KareKano CDs and couldn't bring myself to ever lend them out. They mean a lot to me, strange though it sounds. Not so much the subject matter but the events in my life surrounding the period in which I watched them and rewatched them.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.14.2007, 04:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
@ Seiji - No you couldn't, his and yours'd be the wrong region.

I love Fruits Basket so much, although I've only seen 7 1/2 episodes. The rest of the DVDs are stuck in the post and may not arrive for two weeks yet because of the strikes so that is majorly frustrating but anyway... Fruits Basket rules.

Doesn't really matter if you use a computer, there's all kinds of software to get rid of region encoding.

10.14.2007, 04:46 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished watching this series, as i had been putting it off (as i often do with many things), but one of my few "anime friends" in the real world lent the series to me.
I did enjoy most of it in retrospect but occasionally i found somethings a tiny bit annoying.. some things that where supposed to be funny just werent for me.. i found Shigure the most entertaining.
i would recomend it to anime fans that havent watched it yet but im sure theres not many of them here. it certainly beat Afro Samurai, which i also just finished, i can tell you that.

sorry to pull up a thread thats a bit old by the way.

10.22.2007, 12:24 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Megan and I have got as far as episode nine now and we are both enjoying it. Episode 8 was a bit of a shocker and had me sniffing back the tears but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Various Sohma clan members turn into animals way too often in school for it to not be noticed though, too many accidental hugs going on, that joke is getting a bit old. But that aside it's very good, the characters are all entertaining and strong and it takes a silly not-very-beleivable premise and somehow makes it very believable.

I am beginning to wonder how Sohma clan mmebers pro-create with non-clan members. They'd surely have to, to ensure a varied gene-pool but if every time they get hugged they become animals it seems almost insurmountable....

And yeah, Shigure's my favourite, he reminds me a lot of myself. Scarily so in fact.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.22.2007, 08:05 AM.

10.22.2007, 08:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Episode 8 was a bit of a shocker and had me sniffing back the tears but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Episode 8 has me in floods of tears every single time I watch it...

10.22.2007, 08:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well I was watching it with Megan. Had I been alone I *know* I would have been bawling like a baby, especially as yesterday was a downer anyway.

It was such a volt-face over the fun stuff that had gone before, that contributed to the shock. I thought the whole artwork in that section was lovely too, everything that took place inside the Sohma clan compound was beautifully drawn and painted, the flashbacks, everything.

A great episode.

10.22.2007, 08:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

quote:
Megan and I have got as far as episode nine now and we are both enjoying it. Episode 8 was a bit of a shocker and had me sniffing back the tears but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Various Sohma clan members turn into animals way too often in school for it to not be noticed though, too many accidental hugs going on, that joke is getting a bit old. But that aside it's very good, the characters are all entertaining and strong and it takes a silly not-very-beleivable premise and somehow makes it very believable.

I am beginning to wonder how Sohma clan mmebers pro-create with non-clan members. They'd surely have to, to ensure a varied gene-pool but if every time they get hugged they become animals it seems almost insurmountable....

And yeah, Shigure's my favourite, he reminds me a lot of myself. Scarily so in fact.

lets just say it's a very big family, Saddles.

10.22.2007, 11:23 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think it'd be fairly hard for a girl to watch FB and not get a crush on at least five characters.

10.22.2007, 12:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally finished watching this a couple days ago. Sooo good ^_^ And yes, Kazegami, it would be.

10.22.2007, 12:38 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

There's something strangely appealing about Yuki, with a girl doing the VA.

Shigure is very "interesting" he reminds me of me. He's an attractive character too.

Haru of course was really weird to watch, I know him very well and have done editing work on screen grabs of him. He's a really attractive person when he's 'white' but a bit of jerk when he's 'black'.

The first time he appears with his leathers, goggles and gauntlets and then gets on his, ahem... 'transport' had me and Megan howling... very funny.

10.22.2007, 05:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

lol, I love that scene too. I can't really choose a favorite character per se, but maybe a favorite character relationship. I love how Yuki and Kyo interact for example. And then there's Shigure and Ayame, Momiji and Kyo, Shigure and his editor...

@ Fenkashi and Kazegami, That's funny. I love this series so much as it is, I can't imagine how much I would love it if I were a girl.

10.22.2007, 06:40 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well I'm struggling to like Boss Sohma so far (up to ep.12 now).

Hm, its aimed at a girl audience obviously but I think it rocks. There's something lovable in all the characters. I guess to me it feels a little like a harem anime with the roles reversed, plus of course the fantasy element thrown in.

The sensitivities in the relationships though are really touching.

10.22.2007, 07:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
He's a really attractive person when he's 'white' but a bit of jerk when he's 'black'.

Heh, I like him best when he's black actually. And having watched episode 20, Ayame is kind've growing on me. But I think I still like Hatori best.

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.23.2007, 04:09 AM.

10.23.2007, 04:06 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Shigure is very "interesting" he reminds me of me. He's an attractive character too.

you havent seen the best of him yet, some of his qaulities shine through strongly in the last few episodes..
he is good because he can switch between immature, fun-loving Shigure (the stuff with his editor is indeed hilarious) and serious but nurturing, almost paternal shigure appropriately.

not sure how far your through now so i dont want to ruin anything but wait for the appearance of a character named Ritsu. Shigure does something very funny at least twice.. people who have seen it may know what im talking about.

and so i leave you with this thought........
"High school girls! High school girls!"

10.23.2007, 06:16 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
"High school girls! High school girls!"

Yes, it was that comment of his that struck me. People say he’s a bit perverted but I don’t think he is, he’s just a fun-loving positive person who likes to find humour in anything if he can.

As I said, a lot like me. And like me, often misunderstood. Especially by CDB *sigh*

I loved his balancing his pen on his lip trick, so funny.

His observant caring compassionate side has begun to show through, in ep.11 (I think) he mentioned that Tohru must have spent all her allowance on the Valentine chocolates and both Yuki and Kyo (who we know care a lot about her) missed that completely.

Again, much like me. You’ll see my silly –maybe seemingly perverted– side and occasionally my serious side on these forums from time to time but I keep my compassion for private communication. There’s people on this forum who judge me on the person they see, and obviously can’t see all of me. It bothers me that people judge anyone, let alone judge people they can’t possibly know. I try hard not to, it’s not easy but I try.

Ah, oops, this turned into a bit of a therapy/confession post.

Back on track, Momiji freaks me out, he dresses like a Victorian 7- or 8- year old boy but is 14 (or is it 15?). When Tohru slept with him not knowing that, it was so funny! Even more so that Yuki and Kyo knew it… this family is strange, man, very strange…

But it’s a hoot, I think the only anime I’ve laughed at more is Azu, Kare Kano and Yamadas.

10.23.2007, 07:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

quote:

Again, much like me. You’ll see my silly –maybe seemingly perverted– side and occasionally my serious side on these forums from time to time but I keep my compassion for private communication. There’s people on this forum who judge me on the person they see, and obviously can’t see all of me. It bothers me that people judge anyone, let alone judge people they can’t possibly know. I try hard not to, it’s not easy but I try.

"how does that make you feel?"... just kidding..
Shigure is, in the end an admirable character so similarities you have might make you equally admirable and im one of those people who can only judge you on the surface i have seen of you.

i actually thought momiji was a girl for some time during that first episode(until he hugged tohru), dont know if i missed something or what but ye. and the clothes are funny, but wait and see, it gets funnier.

Post last edited by T.C. on 10.23.2007, 07:32 AM.

10.23.2007, 07:24 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, cross dressing seems to be a recurring theme...

10.23.2007, 08:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks