QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Samurai X OVAs - Question(s)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Samurai X OVAs - Question(s) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Samurai X OVAs - Question(s)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
as some have seen in the other thread, i bough the Smaurai X OVAs box set. Partly because its supposed to be really good, and partly because I own (and love) the complete 28 volumes of the Kenshin Manga.
The Question:
First, how long is an episode? standard approx 25 mins?
and now, what is the chronological order of the three dvds (ie: trust, reflection and betrayal..).
If anyone knows I would be thankful for the information.

12.02.2006, 01:36 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

S'far as I know, there's only two OVA series. One is the memories arc, similar to the manga but darker (focuses more on the tragedy of Tomoe and Kenshin). Remember that the manga's portrayal was a storytelling, and it included the usual fully detailed battles. The OVA instead focuses on their lives, trials and crushed futures.

The second OVA is a mix of both the manga's 3rd arc (Tomoe's brother, forgot his name) and what happens several years later. The latter, not really much focus; in fact, it felt more like a passing thought than a serious part of the OVA.

Soft-hearted people are advised to have at least 3 boxes of tissue by their side before watching that second OVA (Seisouhen, I think the name is called). It's pure tragedy, with a little ray of hope at the end.

Anyone wants spoilers, ask, or I won't post.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.03.2006, 09:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
enishi is his name..
well anyway, I have three Dvds
Trust- which is, as far as I can tell about Kenshin and tomoe getting to know each other
Betrayal- you say it, when she betrays Kenshin and he kills her
Reflection - Later when he is with Kaoru and fights against Enishi to understand his past.

if im wrong correct me.
I think its 6 eps in total.

12.04.2006, 05:39 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Exactly in those order. The latter which is the 2nd OVA as I described.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.05.2006, 10:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks