QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Gankutsuou
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Gankutsuou » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
GankutsuouPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, found an interesting anime!
Gankutsuou:The Count of Monte Cristo is totally
different from most anime, especially by art work.
I found it I think this time last year and thought it
looked cool, but there was another 2 I liked and couldn't
remember the titles, but luckilly found it on animeacademy
a week ago, checked it out, it made me cry! and it looks
SO cool!!
Has anyone heard of it? I may buy the english soon.

12.15.2006, 09:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the heads up on this one, looks very interesting.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.15.2006, 10:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks!
I found another of the 3 titles,
Junkers come here! is one cause it
looks ghibli-like.
This anime, I finally found a serious anime
other than FMA.
The third title, I can't remember but I know what
it looks like. Something maybe with a girl named Wendy
and a burgular? All I can remember is Wendy..hmm..
But this anime(the first title)I love the artwork and just
watched ranz's death. Made me cry, especially what
he said to Albert saying Happy birthday, your sixteen..
And he tried to bandage him up, but the blood soaked
through it, that was said..
I've got this one and Shutterbox on my list. They say
there's a book for Gankutsuou. Cool.

12.15.2006, 10:10 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have seen one episode the animation is sooo trippy..

12.16.2006, 12:01 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the animation is totally crazy(In a good way). It's like a bunch of different fabrics and textures or something. I've heard that it's good. I'll have to watch some more of it.

I believe that the "book for Gankutsuou" is the classic novel "The Count of Monte Cristo" that the series is based on.

12.16.2006, 04:23 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah that's right.
I think the animation was cool. That
was the reason I could remember it
because it was one of a kind. I got
used to it right away and my sis thought
it was the coolest. Then I started freakin'
out about it(um, that's normal for me)and
started crying, before I watched it.
I almost forgot about it yesterday, but when
I was looking for info on Ashita no Nadja for
my sis I found this one and Wolf's Rain like in
CD form. I think I'll just buy this one though
instead of watching it on Youtube.
Adds to shopping list:
Junkers come here!
Negima?!
Some ghibli films
Shutterbox(manga)
Me want ALL these!

12.16.2006, 08:49 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
dounds interesting. Will check it out!

ps: Death Note ep 11 is sooooo good..
this series is truly amazing!

12.16.2006, 12:45 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

waaaa i cant find it on youtube!! Is it even on there? Mew...

12.16.2006, 01:06 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Junkers come here has been recommended to me and I am getting it for Xmas. It is a weepy however so beware.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.16.2006, 01:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghost Hunt is a good manga....
I swear, though iv seen lots of anime etc. Whenever i come on here i feel like a 3 yr old watchin pokemon for the first time again! Though i suppose thts not bad because then u guys can teach me even more about animes! And introduce me to even more gr8 books & shows! Yey for strudel!!

12.16.2006, 01:27 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

NC, if you mean Gankutsuou, it's not on there.
I know that, that's why I said I was gonna buy
it on DVD.
Maybe for my sister on her b-day I'll by her Junkers.
Me and her and my cuz share our anime stuff, along with
2 of my neighbours.

12.16.2006, 01:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

thanks to living in a what-the-hells-anime? kinda area its hard to buy any anime DVDs. All we've really got in my local DVD store r the Ghibli's and Elfen Lied... *sniff* I rely soley upon youtube and my friend (who also likes anime... Sadly all she owns is a couple of series of Cardcaptors on video. Not tht im dissin cardcaptors or anythin coz it rawks

12.16.2006, 01:33 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I live in the same sort of area, but since
we live next to the USA we get our anime
in it's own section, with one store all anime.
I'd like to find this one. But anime costs
WAY too much here. 30$ for 4 shows(I can
tell you what your price would be, this is Can.)
CCS is banned so I can't find that, Mew mew power
I haven't found, and REALLY wanna own Bleach but
there's only manga here right now.
Gankutsuou, look it up on eBay or something.
I've gotta check out HMV to see and I have seen it
there!

12.16.2006, 01:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ccs banned??? why??? that is wierd. i rely on youtube too.

12.16.2006, 02:55 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I don't know. It's just BANNED
here where I live and the USA.
Some mothers got it taken off
air. Stupid people..
But they could be smart because
the dumb(as I call must dubs except
FMA's one, it's cool)was really bad.
I love youtube because then I couldn't
watch Tsubasa, Ouran, CCS, or others
that are just in Japan right now.
I can buy Furuba, I know that.

12.16.2006, 05:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

that sucks yeah i can't see those shows either without youtube..ccs used to on foxkids a long time ago but never watched it and the dub i hear is horrible.

12.16.2006, 06:38 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I guess it mighta been banned because of the obvious and open "homosexual" images.. eg: Tomo (that was her naem no?) is in love with Sakura.. + Shaolin is in love with that older guy. + both Sakura and Shaolin are in love with someone twice their age. i can see why american/canadian mothers wanted to get it off the air...

What is junkers about..

EVERYONE! WATCH DEATH NOTE ON YOUTUBE NOW! sooo good... its addivtive, like lost!!!

12.17.2006, 09:13 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Go on www.animeacademy.com .
Go under the J's in the library and
you'll find a summary and review
of Junkers.
I'll check out Deathnote one day.
Maybe, if I figure out how, if I get
Gakutsuou I'll put them on Youtube
for you guys. some people are dissapointed
on there cause they can't watch it.
Is Junkers on there? No, it's not..
I was forces to watch Material Girls last night.
Oh man! I bet my sis that it was Pom Poko and
she said this one.
and now I won't shut up about Shutterbox or Gankutsuou.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.17.2006, 11:42 AM.

12.17.2006, 10:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Found DN angel in my store today. Was shocked. Of corz plz, but shocked. Ill go check out Death Note in a sec it sounds delightful. Wats the show with the homosexuals? Sounds awesome.

12.17.2006, 12:53 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Cardcaptor Sakura.
My sis found the dub auful.
It made tomoyo not sound cute. She and yukito
are my favs!
My sis is a fan of DNAngel, watched it a few times
and laid it off to last minute watching list of animes
after some new ones I found she wanted.
Now I gotta buy her Kodoucha, they sell that one
here.

12.17.2006, 09:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks