QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - recommendations
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » recommendations » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  recommendationsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok i need to watch a quite romantic but very sad and depressing anime does enyone have any sugestions,
ive watched, fruits basket, ouran high school and ai yori aoshi
is there any more anyone can think of, thanks

01.23.2007, 06:11 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive DNAngel is kinda like that, maybe check that one out.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.23.2007, 06:20 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*gasp* You're a fan of romance/drama but have never heard of Saikano?

Okay maybe it's not that famous.

But seriously, even you you other guys here, Saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, or She, The Ultimate Weapon) is one of THE best anime in the recent years. It's in essence as apocalypse series, but more than the romance, is the cruel feelings played in the series. Almost heart-wrenching, and for the sensitive, I'd say two boxes of kleenex MAY be sufficient.

Then there's JinRoh. Which technically isn't a romance movie (it's actually a war movie) but has romance in it between a soldier and a terrorist. The ending might tear your heart.

And Saddles can attest to that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.25.2007, 05:51 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok thanks guys ill check them out

01.25.2007, 07:51 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive heard of saikano, but never got around to watching it, ive also heard that it was really good. and i need soemthign to watch ill probably check it out.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.25.2007, 12:19 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
*gasp* You're a fan of romance/drama but have never heard of Saikano?

Okay maybe it's not that famous.

But seriously, even you you other guys here, Saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, or She, The Ultimate Weapon) is one of THE best anime in the recent years. It's in essence as apocalypse series, but more than the romance, is the cruel feelings played in the series. Almost heart-wrenching, and for the sensitive, I'd say two boxes of kleenex MAY be sufficient.

Wow. I just so happened to be looking that up yesterday, but I hadn't heard what anyone thought of it.

01.25.2007, 02:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i started watching ti and i have to say it is excpetionally well done.

very good story as it is very involving and it reminds me of NGE as it has emotion put into it. Which resonates outward. definity worht watchign the whole series, i plan on doing some sigs on it so if anyoine is interest just check my arts thread.

Click for Gallery^^

01.25.2007, 02:46 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's quite a short series, isn't it?

01.25.2007, 03:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i think so im watching it on youtube, so ive only seent he first 1 and 2/3 episodes, but it started off well. im definitly watching this one through.

EDIT just looked it up, its only 13 episodes, that is really short.

Click for Gallery^^

Post last edited by Miyrru on 01.25.2007, 03:19 PM.

01.25.2007, 03:10 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

^ I just checked too lol. I like 13 episodes though. Short is good, because I'm lazy.

Also, since this is a "recommendations" thread, I'd like to ask anybody if Serial Experiments: Lain is any good. It sounds good, but if someone could recommend it, all the better.

01.25.2007, 04:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
JinRoh.

And Saddles can attest to that.

Yep, I thought of Jin-Roh straight away when I saw the OP. A great great movie but not one I'd like to watch often as it's so hard to bear at the end.

And did anyone mention Grave of the Fireflies?

Thanx for the heads-up re Saikano, another one goes on my (ever growing) 'to get' list.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.25.2007, 04:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saikano the series is damn good, yes. There's also the manga spin-off and a movie, but I don't recommend the movie. It tries too hard to be like the series and ended up falling flat on its face.

The manga has slight variations from the series, but in essence remains the same. Also pretty good. Still, I much recommend the anime instead. The script together with the voice acting in incredible.

*spoilers*

Two of THE most tear-jerking scenes: when Akemi died (AMAZING voice acting, simply superb), and the ending, after the apocalypse, there was one VERY short scene, barely a second, but it really pierced my heart so strongly and left a VERY deep impression. But I won't tell you guys which part, cuz that would take at least 2 long paragraphs.

*end spoilers*

Yup. So anyways, it's a series I EXTREMELY VERY HIGHLY recommend.

SEL is a sci-fi series. Like GITS, it has a lot of deep philosophical themse in it, so much so it's in my top 5 most confusing anime. Basically, it's a bout Lain, who was originally a normal girl who didn't really knew much about computers, until she decided to ask her father to buy her a new one, and got the newest model instead. Also, she somehow managed to get a top-secret chip that allows to you to go online with any electrical device. After that, it's like your classic PC nerd turned completely ballistic. You should see the end result of her computer; it's real freaky.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.26.2007, 11:13 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

quote:
SEL is a sci-fi series. Like GITS, it has a lot of deep philosophical themse in it, so much so it's in my top 5 most confusing anime. Basically, it's a bout Lain, who was originally a normal girl who didn't really knew much about computers, until she decided to ask her father to buy her a new one, and got the newest model instead. Also, she somehow managed to get a top-secret chip that allows to you to go online with any electrical device. After that, it's like your classic PC nerd turned completely ballistic. You should see the end result of her computer; it's real freaky.

Sounds pretty good. I'll try YouTube or Google Video for the first episode and see how things go from there.

01.26.2007, 12:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What does SEL stand for plz?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.26.2007, 05:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I've managed to finish watching episode 1 of SEL. It's really good, but it makes you feel weird. Especially the hallucination parts...

edit: SEL stands for Serial Experiments: Lain.

Post last edited by arren18 on 01.26.2007, 05:08 PM.

01.26.2007, 05:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks