QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime lookalikes
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime lookalikes » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Anime lookalikesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it just me or is there loads of ppl who look alike in animes? For instance have u noticed theres almost always a dark haired glasses-wearing genius? For example, Ouran and Bleach. Theres always the daffy blonde guy Tamaki, Ginji (from Get Backers), Winner Sinclair (Karin)

Here is an example of the 'Blonde' theory:

Fai from tsubasa:

Tamaki from Ouran:

Winner from Karin:

All look similar non? And theres plenty more than tht lawl. If anyoen else has lookalikes post em!

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 01.24.2007, 04:25 PM.

01.24.2007, 04:25 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*curls up on floor and snatches Haruko's pic of Fai*
..mine...*sulk*...he's still cuter...

01.24.2007, 04:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lawl, i got L-O-T-S of pictures of Fai, *holds up humongous trunkful* none for u though, mwa ha Chiii XD

01.24.2007, 04:30 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*sobs*Still..HEY, I THOUGHT YOU PWNED SASUKE!!??
Gah..that made me worry...I've got loads of Fai pics too.
I have like...500 and I'm not kidding..heheh...
*curls up in corner**sob*

01.24.2007, 04:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Eazy
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Eazy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This ytmnd makes a good point at how some animes look the same.

http://japanisnotoriginalatanime.ytmnd.com/

01.24.2007, 04:43 PM Eazy is offline   Profile for Eazy Add Eazy to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF when it comes to anime i own them ALL. Lawl u shuld watch Karin tis funny, espescialy Winner he is so wimpish, he's sposed 2 b a vampire hunter but is afraid of blood XP

01.24.2007, 04:47 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes..my sis found that show..not to mention..
HOLY CRAP!! I gots some news..
Fai does not look like those two! Ha!
I need to find a pic from the guy off Digimon
AND Sasuke and some other dude my sis
and me thought of all looked alike.
Then Takashi and some other name cannot remember..
*sob*The snow..it stopped..
Now I'm starting to sound like Wynter, some suicidle
character I came up with..
Oh, Haruko~! Have you ever seen BECK?

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 01.24.2007, 06:35 PM.

01.24.2007, 05:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you have even heard of Happy Lesson, you'll know the real meaning of "every character looks the same" theory.

Anyway, Kyon of Haruhi and Yuuichi of the new Kanon series look almost exactly alike. Voices are the same (same voice actor yo), and so are many others, since they're from the same studio anyhow.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.25.2007, 05:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There seems to be loads of anime characters who look just like Kagura from Azumanga Daioh. It's probably a coincidence, but it happens an awful lot.

01.25.2007, 02:28 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
thundercat2
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.22.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thundercat2 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Leon Wilson from Yu-Gi-Oh! looks like a kid version of Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho

It's a Baron + Haru site!

01.29.2007, 01:08 AM thundercat2 is offline   Profile for thundercat2 Add thundercat2 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

There are a few characters who look like Howl.

01.30.2007, 06:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Hav u noticed how Kiba has same markings on his cheeks as Tsukasa from Hack.//SIGN?

(soz i only hav kiba not tsukasa lawl)

And stop kidding urself FFF, look at this:

If u ask me i still think they look alike. I found some way cool pics, u want me to post em?

01.30.2007, 06:45 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Still, NO. They differ by a lot. i used to think he looked
like Tamaki but relised he's very opposite in looks.
But Momiji and Hunny look like their related.

01.30.2007, 06:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Hav u noticed how Kiba has same markings on his cheeks as Tsukasa from Hack.//SIGN?

San from Mononoke Hime wears similar 'war paint'. I assume that's a traditional Japanese thing so nothing to do with commonality of appearance.

For example, an equivalent of that would be if I wore a bowler hat, you couldn't say that someone else in a bowler hat looked like me.

Much of the time I think people want to see similarities, which is why when someone compares 2 pix claiming similarities someone else can equally validly say there aren't any.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.31.2007, 05:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat

But then again, everything else about them is different.

Post last edited by arren18 on 01.31.2007, 12:21 PM.

01.31.2007, 12:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Which was the point I just made above.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.31.2007, 03:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I know. I was just showing it with a picture.

01.31.2007, 03:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

*sniff* Sorry, i didnt know..I was just trying to point things out *grumbles*. FFF, momiji and hunny r so alike i didnt even c the point in pointing it out lawl. I'm just thinking who else..umm...

01.31.2007, 03:28 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No worries, Haruko-sama.
It's different in every bodies oppinion.
Oh, JinKaze says he will go to admins
on the anime forum if you don't tell him how
you know him, and call me Hunny-senpai.
Or Jo. Or Shii-chan. Or Shizuku.
Just don't cal me Shin-shiz, it sounds quite funny..
Um, i wanna see what else characters look like.
Hm, maybe I'll ask Mr. "cool" guy tomorrow..
Oh, Vash looks like a hedge hog.

01.31.2007, 04:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

princess snow(MAR)
and koyuki(mar)
and yes,they are eachothers other world counterparts,so of course they look alike.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.22.2007, 01:21 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks