QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I'm in love...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » I'm in love... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I don't think you can really "encounter" god.

You'd need to define "encounter" in that sentence before I can answer you. To me I have encountered Him distinctly and powerfully four (life changing) times and felt His presence many times.

quote:
Originally posted by Howmany well said and even if we could why would god waste his time Appearing before a mortal

Why wouldn't He? If you think He wouldn't all that tells me is that you don't know what He's like.

We are the most important things to Him, He loves each one of us more than we can possibly comprehend and He knows each of us right down to the hairs on our heads - that is much better than you know yourself. Of course we're important, which is why He talks to us and guides us.

Aha... I see you said "appearing", my mistake, no never appearances, but then an encounter doesn't need an appearance.

quote:
Originally posted by Howmany clearly we are the only thing capable of altering our mood external things cannot change your emotions.

Er? Pardon? External things change my emotions every second. The guy who overtook me on a bend this morning was one heck of an external influence. But even if we discount those things and just discuss the aspect of love we are looking at in this thread, then I still see the soul as an internal thing, not external.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.12.2007, 07:50 PM.

03.12.2007, 04:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
I've heard a lot of voices lately because I find I'm having
trouble being nice and find myself hurting people I
shouldn't.
If it seems an external voice or force is making it difficult to be nice and you find yourself doing things that are hurtful to others because of that, then no way is that God. It's probably the other guy.

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
But it feels like someone(not myself)keeps trying
to stop me..
Interesting, but I'd need to know more to be able to comment.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2007, 04:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Saddle, something is causing me unlucky. Like I dropped
a pen today(along with when I was stealing my friends
OURAN MANGA which she bought with out Koneko Kawaii's
permission[aheh, I'm Koneko Kawaii])and the girl beside
me said "You're not very lucky(with these)are you?"
"I'm cursed. Unlucky.."
*went to take pen again and it drops*
"See? CURSED."
I've never been very lucky, with anything. Even though
I'm a talented artist my peers look up to I can't even
win a drawing contest.

03.12.2007, 06:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddle: Pretty much depends on your religious background, actually. In Islam, you don't EVER say that God is everywhere, or that he is in heaven, because that puts him in a location, and we don't know his location.

So yes, encounter is a general term, and I mean every interpretation of general. God has angels, if you remember. Angels that give us inspiration, angels that kick at our conscience, angels that help make our decision which we learn to be thankful later on.

Yes, God is involved, but NEVER directly.

But hey, I'm muslim. 'Nuff said.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.13.2007, 12:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
In Islam, you don't EVER say that God is everywhere.
I understand, and I don't want to provoke you and you don't need to answer, but surely an omnipotent God is, by definition everywhere?

Claiming that He is isn't trying to pin Him down, label Him or anything like that. It's celebrating who He is and what He's like. I'm proud to be able to boast that about Him.

Angels, yes, but an encounter with an angel would feel like an encounter with an angel. To me they protect and carry messages, even fight battles but they never inspire, lift up, heal, teach and guide, only God does that, angels cannot do Gods work, because then they'd be gods.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.13.2007, 04:34 PM.

03.13.2007, 04:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry, I'll stay out of this.
It's just..well..When you talk about religion I
won't understand because I'm unreligious, athieust.
So, um, don't kill me!! My mom doesn't belive
and has her own reason.

03.13.2007, 07:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hey, you're young. Your whole life is ahead of you. You have time to decide lots of things, just enjoy the journey!

03.15.2007, 07:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Enjoy? I wish I was with my eighth grader friends..
Yeah, I always try to look as if everything will be fine.
And if someone I know is feeling down or anything I
get right like them. My friends say I've been acting a
little weird lately. Different. I don't know why..
It could be the fact I know plenty of people trust me
with anything. Except one person. I'm a bad luck
charm. I really really am. My sister takes over anything
I try and never lets me own anything. My friends
are always saying "Make your hair straight and grow
it long." when I know I can't. My hair, I know, we've tried
EVERYTHING but it won't go straight. And long hair, I
hate it. I can't put my hair up in ponytails cause I
hate ponytails. I wonder if people notice my good
things instead of finding me completely in a different
world and totally weird. I can make anyone happy.
Which is weird, and I can never do anything mean. It's
far beyond my league. So I guess Ray never has to worry
about me being mean. Cause I cannot.
Yup, I'll try and enjoy it. I'm nothing like other girls.
They always worry about looks and weight. I never
do either. My mom and grandmother always wanna
do something to me. And I've always been skinny although
I eat like a pig and eat twice as fast as anyone I know.
Hm, I wonder if I should make any other people happy..

03.15.2007, 07:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You make me happy. No really, I think you're ace.

FFF, you're what 12? 13? It's the teenage years starting, you will go through lots of odd changes, in your head and heart as well as elsewhere. It may not be nice at times but it is perfectly normal and perfectly natural.

You will come out the other side in a few years time, just shrug and press on and enjoy the bits that are enjoyable.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.16.2007, 05:27 PM.

03.16.2007, 05:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You can now say I'm 13(only six more days). I understand.
I'm already changing a lot. Which is why I'm a little insane.
I've been told I've been acting strange recently.
My voice is really deep, almost to the tone of a man which is
okay. I've always been able to use my voice differently.
Yeah, I'm fine. That's nice I make you happy.^^

03.16.2007, 08:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'd be happier if you were. Chin up old thing.

03.17.2007, 04:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, I'm VERY happy right now. I'm actually starting to draw again(the only thing that makes me wanna write too,
with out either I'm useless), which is making me very pleased. And the fact it's almost my birthday. I felt sorry for
my cuz from last years party though..We're going to see a movie and go to a giant book store. I'm DEFINATELY buying
The Wallflower. And some other series I've wanted for awhile. It's really gothic and funny, and Haruko-chan would
like. Lot alike like Ouran.^^

03.17.2007, 09:53 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
The Violin Maker
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Violin Maker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is quite a lovely drawing.

03.18.2007, 12:39 AM The Violin Maker is offline   Profile for The Violin Maker Add The Violin Maker to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Auden Twilight
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by yoyo
This is the first time I see this anime>>>
It's beautiful...
Are they have movie??

THE FIRST TIME EVER???

Check out my music:

04.08.2007, 04:03 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
[  «    1  2  3  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks