QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Evangelion: Angelic Days
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Evangelion: Angelic Days » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Evangelion: Angelic DaysPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

anyone else read any of this?

its really good, pretty opposite formt he series the manag is quite good. it has a much lighter theme to it opposed to the series. and the characters are slightly different to. i recommed checking it out. if everyone is really lazy, i have the first 3 volume on ymk computer in png format, so i could probably post them, but im not sure what kind of copyright infringement that might get me into.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.07.2007, 06:23 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Never heard of it. Is it by Gainax, an independent manga house or a fanfic?

What is the artwork like - similar to the original manga or different?

I'd love to see it, I can accept huge files in my e-mail if you are happy to post it to me.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.07.2007, 06:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

art work is very similar im sure its offically from galinax, ill do a quick check and edit the post if it isnt.

EDIT: well im surprise it isnt done by galinax. its done by Fumino Hayashi, i think its licenced by galinax but isnt done by them. a quick synopsis can be shorten as being the dream sequence at he end of ep 26 into the whole story, ive only gotten through 1 volum so far but i do recommend it.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

Post last edited by Miyrru on 02.07.2007, 06:49 PM.

02.07.2007, 06:38 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It ran in a magazine that I read for several months. I think most of the first volume by the time it was done...It was ok. Though at the time, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Eva cast. I still need to rewatch the series.

02.07.2007, 08:02 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah me too, but i have trouble rewatchign things, im not sure if they get that old on me quick, but i have like 4 eps of azumanga diah still to go and i was gonna rewatcht he sereis but i guess i havent just ofund the time. maybe im not ina comedy mood but still.. i liked the manga, it was different and interesting. and its bot to see Rei act like a human as opposed to a clone.

Click for Gallery^^

02.07.2007, 08:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, now that I think about it, Rei was pretty different (in a refreshing way). The last I read, they had all arrived at wherever it was that Shinji's dad works, and Rei and Asuka were kind of fighting over Shinji...weird...

When I first saw it, I got the impression that it was a manga about the world that Shinji invented during the last couple of episodes. The opening where Asuka comes to wake him up is right out of it.

So maybe this whole world is Shinji's dream world. At least that way, it would make sense why Asuka and Rei would fight over him. But heck, I don't know. You're the one who has read it.

02.07.2007, 08:18 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
its bot to see Rei act like a human as opposed to a clone.

something lost in translation there.

I suppose if Shinji can create possible alternative realities as part of his psyche then AU stories in NGE are quite feasible.

Rei with a bit more 'ooomph' in her would be a nice story to read.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.07.2007, 08:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To put simply, it's Shinji's version of reality you see in the final episode where they all live normal lives, expanded into an entire manga series.

Rei did, after all, choose Shinji as the, uh, hero if you will.

Personally haven't read it. Am looking for it though, but I don't think I'll spend money on it. I'm only buying the original series (manga form, now up to vol11).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.08.2007, 05:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
yeah, now that I think about it, Rei was pretty different (in a refreshing way). The last I read, they had all arrived at wherever it was that Shinji's dad works, and Rei and Asuka were kind of fighting over Shinji...weird...

When I first saw it, I got the impression that it was a manga about the world that Shinji invented during the last couple of episodes. The opening where Asuka comes to wake him up is right out of it.

So maybe this whole world is Shinji's dream world. At least that way, it would make sense why Asuka and Rei would fight over him. But heck, I don't know. You're the one who has read it.

Oh, yes, I know the part you mean - where they are all normal school kids and Rei the new girl bumps into Shinji when they are running to school and the toast goes flying and later Asuka has a go at him for looking at her knickers...

And Misato is the school teacher.

I loved that 'alternative universe' sequence, it was just so sweet and cute and refreshing when placed against all the angst and turmoil of the rest of the series. Like a doujinshi in effect.

I thought that was not so much a dream, more one of the possible alternative existences Shinji could have if he just got over his problems, and everyone else did too (and since really they are all facets of him...)

Yes, I would like to read that, I imagine its quite cheery.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.08.2007, 06:18 PM.

02.08.2007, 06:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

it is quie cheery, check your email, i sned ch 1. ill send them slowly but you can read up to where the english verisons have finsihed, so far it is at vol 4 ch 1.

Click for Gallery^^

02.08.2007, 06:18 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thank you. I loved it. Seeing Rei so animated and acting like a normal kid was really nice, cute too.

02.09.2007, 04:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks