QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ruroni Kenshin
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ruroni Kenshin » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
Ruroni KenshinPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, just want to see if there's any RK fans out there! I love down to earth kinds of anime like Princess Mononoke and Ruroni Kenshin.
Well, anything Samurai related catches my attention.
---Sio^_^

02.14.2004, 03:48 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i liked it.
it's one of few anime that i actually sat throught the whole series.... now that's something

02.15.2004, 12:59 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Ameria
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.02.04
  Question!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ameria Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Blade of the Immortal is Samurai action. by Samura.

I have a question about avatars!! Why isn't mine showing up?!

06.03.2004, 01:20 PM Ameria is offline   Profile for Ameria Add Ameria to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RK is down to earh? U gotta be kidding me.

Anime's okay until after the shishio saga. Then it gets REALLY sucky. U want good samurai shows, watch Kurosawa's movies.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.04.2004, 11:31 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
baka-chan
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.19.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by baka-chan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive seen abut a third of the series, and its my favorite non-ghibli anime! The battles are good, and the historical and political stuff is awesome! The charactors don't drive me crazy like in many shows, and the dubbed version is actually decent! Of couse, the subtitled version Pwns it, though.

12.19.2004, 04:45 PM baka-chan is offline   Profile for baka-chan Add baka-chan to your buddy list Send an Email to baka-chan AIM Screenname: ChnBaka YIM Screenname: bakachan11111111222222333333
Excalibur
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.16.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Excalibur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er, Mononoke and RK is down-to-earth? If you say so...

I've seen one episode of RK once in Japanese... then I read all the manga (there's about 28 of them) also in Japanese. The manga at least were great, although you've gotta admit it got a bit old and repetitive after a while. Still I was hooked for ages. And Kenshin is hottt...

12.22.2004, 07:51 PM Excalibur is offline   Profile for Excalibur Add Excalibur to your buddy list Send an Email to Excalibur Homepage of Excalibur AIM Screenname: onedaymore55 YIM Screenname: faerielights2003
HowlsFan
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.05
  RKPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HowlsFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Rk too...well at least the OVA's and the manga! Anyways...if you want to see other Samurai-packed action watch or read Peace Maker Kurogane...it's actually the Shinsengumi this time other than the Choshu who are the good guys! Well...their all good guys if you think about it...I dunno.

02.12.2005, 05:29 PM HowlsFan is offline   Profile for HowlsFan Add HowlsFan to your buddy list Homepage of HowlsFan AIM Screenname: Armads YIM Screenname: Ninisgrace
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by HowlsFan
I like Rk too...well at least the OVA's and the manga! Anyways...if you want to see other Samurai-packed action watch or read Peace Maker Kurogane...it's actually the Shinsengumi this time other than the Choshu who are the good guys! Well...their all good guys if you think about it...I dunno.

Ah yes, the OVAs were good, especially the final one, really touching, and finally everyone is shown as real human beings instead of no-fault heroes all super strong and all.

No more comments for spoilers, but its a really touching episode, makes u cry, for the soft ones at least.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.13.2005, 10:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
HowlsFan
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HowlsFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In fact both DVDS or OVAs make you cry...I'm not gonna add any spoilers in this post, but yeah...the animations are good too! How they made each character, and how they brought them to do those actions.

02.14.2005, 05:05 PM HowlsFan is offline   Profile for HowlsFan Add HowlsFan to your buddy list Homepage of HowlsFan AIM Screenname: Armads YIM Screenname: Ninisgrace
the_baron's_girl
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.27.05
Yay!! Kenshin!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by the_baron's_girl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am crazy for Kenshin I have a giant poster of him hangin next to my bed so I can see him while I fall asleep
what I do not like is how Kenshin dies!! what the hell is up with that what kind of Doujinshi crazy person made that!! . . .it just aint right Kenshin is imortal. . .he is not suposed to die *weeps* oh . . .no. . .kill the person who made Kenshin die !! Kill him!!

Someday I will find my Baron. . .

03.30.2005, 01:20 AM the_baron's_girl is offline   Profile for the_baron's_girl Add the_baron's_girl to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

We don't know if he really died or not. It was strongly suggested, yes, but no real solid proof.

Although TB is a major bummer of a disease to catch in those days.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.01.2005, 11:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FLCL
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.25.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FLCL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My wife loves all the Kenshin manga and the OVAs but says the TV series sucks.

I have only read the manga and find that a bit dull so have not explored it any futher.

09.27.2005, 07:07 AM FLCL is offline   Profile for FLCL Add FLCL to your buddy list
HowlsFan
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HowlsFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Rurouni Kenshin...the OVA's were great. But what I didn't like was when they completely cut off the whole Jinchuu arc and replaced it with some Religious arc? Or something...

12.28.2005, 03:55 PM HowlsFan is offline   Profile for HowlsFan Add HowlsFan to your buddy list Homepage of HowlsFan AIM Screenname: Armads YIM Screenname: Ninisgrace
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Um yeah, that's when the series went downhill. Most RK fans will tell you to stop after the Shishio saga, cuz after that it's all crap. You'd be better off watching until the shishio saga, then continue with the OVAs.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.29.2005, 10:54 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kungfukitty
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.30.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kungfukitty Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

has anyone seen the samuraiX OVA?

12.30.2005, 07:26 PM kungfukitty is offline   Profile for kungfukitty Add kungfukitty to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Evilkira17
hakito
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hakito Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kungfukitty
has anyone seen the samuraiX OVA?

I guess you're talking about Kenshin OVAs (Samurai X was the name given to the TV series on this side of the planet)

And yes, I have, I didn't really liked the 5th one, but all the other ones are great, they're at my favorite's top. I didn't enjoy the TV series as much tough. BTW, I also think the OVAs are down-to-earth, but the series... well, they're different

01.02.2006, 03:19 AM hakito is offline   Profile for hakito Add hakito to your buddy list Send an Email to hakito
HowlsFan
Kodama

Do you guys mean Reflection (Seiso Hen) and Trust/Betrayal (Tsukio hen)? I agree that they're really planned out well! I like the music especially.

01.03.2006, 05:25 PM HowlsFan is offline   Profile for HowlsFan Add HowlsFan to your buddy list Homepage of HowlsFan AIM Screenname: Armads YIM Screenname: Ninisgrace
kungfukitty
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kungfukitty Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RK is an awesome series. The OVA doesen't have the same style but its still very entertaining.

01.06.2006, 09:53 PM kungfukitty is offline   Profile for kungfukitty Add kungfukitty to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Evilkira17
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks