QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Has anyone seen scrapped princess?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Has anyone seen scrapped princess? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.28.07
  Has anyone seen scrapped princess?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Scrapped Princess is an awsome anime. is there any fans out there besides me? i wanna hear from you!

03.30.2007, 01:17 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've watched like three episodes, and own the book.
The second should be here soon.*was released in January, I believe*

03.30.2007, 07:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Scrapped Princess IMO rates among one of the best anime.

Statistically, it's almost perfect. An entire 24-episode season and not a single filler; every episode contributes to the storyline. The storyline and plot is solid and has depth. There's a fair amount of humour to lighten the mood once in a while, yet retains it's fantasy/drama genre. Character development is planned very well, and the ending isn't rushed or stretched out, every loose ends tied up neatly.

The only thing left to be desired is the music, and the animation is average.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.30.2007, 11:41 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's good.^^
I'll have to read the book, for now, then the anime.
It's actually like one of the only Japanese books in
my sister's book order. Sweet!

03.31.2007, 08:00 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm glad that i've gotten a few replies i was afraid that i was one of the only ppl who even knew about it. my dad brought the VCDs back from singapore when he went and i've loved it ever since. you really should see all the episodes, foreignfilmfreak. it's worth you time! i've only ever read the first book though.

03.31.2007, 09:54 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiro_spirit
i'm glad that i've gotten a few replies i was afraid that i was one of the only ppl who even knew about it. my dad brought the VCDs back from singapore when he went and i've loved it ever since. you really should see all the episodes, foreignfilmfreak. it's worth you time! i've only ever read the first book though.

I will.^^Call me fff or FFF or any other nickname of mine.(I like Shi-chan, but I don't mean death)
Ugh, but I'm hating myself. I've been trying to finish the shojo series, and today got bored, and watched Death Note and D. Gray-man. I was supposed to save those two, Scrapped Princess, and some other one until I was done with the shojos. And now I won't be able to stop watching all three series.

03.31.2007, 10:24 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aww, that sucks. when my dad brought back the scrapped princess series from singapore, he also brought me the first 13 epesodes of inuyasha. i really wanted to see what both of them were about so i watched both at the same time. instead of watching one series, then the other. of course i was upset with myself 'cause i got done with them in double the time.
FFF... i like that!
you can call me CS or cs if u want! lol! or just use my usrname. ^.^
yay i'm making friends! double the joy! !

03.31.2007, 10:50 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It sounds good. Without spoilers, what is the genre, general theme, setting? Is it fantasy?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.31.2007, 05:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Saddle:It's fantasy.
It's about this girl who was sentenced to death at birth because she was believed to destroy the world when she turned 16.
Some people rescued her and made her part of their family.
The two people who travel with her are twins, and are like her own siblings. Ones lazy(sort of reminds me of Kurogane(tsubasa)and Shikamaru(naruto)), he's the guy, Shannon, and the other has magical powers. Her names Raquel.(I likey!^^Cool name)
I don't know much, really. Except the ending..(he he he, I'm too devious.)
The setting? Hm, probably midevil times.(not sure)Well, it was a while back.
CS: Okie dokie then.^^I didn't care for Inu Yasha though.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.31.2007, 05:39 PM.

03.31.2007, 05:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

inu yasha is alright, it gets kinda boring if you watch it awile. but it's nothing to scrapped princess .
it's a fantasy that sorta goes into a tiny bit of sci-fi. the main character, Pacifica, meets all of these people who try to kill her, but she makes a lot of friends, and a guy even proposes to her! it has some laughs and tears. and a bunch of character developement!

03.31.2007, 09:17 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh yeah, the guy who just proposed to her..Oh my god! That was funny.^^He's too funny. Reminds me somewhat of Winner-kun from Karin. You'd figure out if you watched that one why.
(Karin could be rated PG, if they cut that perverted opening off!)

04.01.2007, 07:59 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

i luv leo! he's sooo funny! and fulle when you get to him! i also like Cenes when you get to her! i'm sorry for obsessing, but the story is just soo amazing! it's my favorite apart from miyazaki! (of coarse i haven't seen that many different anime series to judge but...)

04.01.2007, 08:41 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's good.^^
I'll get to it after I finish some shojo.
I guess I'll get back to my Ghibli collection in the summer.^^He he he..

04.01.2007, 09:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF - thanks for the Scrapped Princess info, it sounds quite good, will keep my eye open for it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.01.2007, 10:37 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uh, just a heads up, Shannon and Raquel are her step-siblings.

And as stupid as it sounds, I'm sorry to hear that you bought the VCDs from Singapore. Not that I hate my country, mind you (why would I), but I'm guessing that set is released by a company called Odex.

Scrapped Princess was amongst the first few releases of Odex, and looking at my own Odex-released collection, the quality of the subs leaves a LOT to be desired.

So... yeah. It's shameful, but the early official releases for anime were of extremely poor quality. The newer ones are better, but still cannot be compared to, say, US releases.

I know Japanese, so I can at least vouch that much.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.01.2007, 11:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

The subtitles aren't that bad! sometimes they go too fast and once it messed up a bit, but i totally understood the story! i like hearing the japanese voices! they sound sooo cool! i wish i knew japanese. no offence to anyone who's chinese, but the manderin sounds kinda weird. Hebrew does too so i guess i shouldn't be talking. i really wanto to go to singapore one day! it sounds really cool! my dad's been on quite a few buisness trips there and my friend's mother own's a company that has a factory there.

04.01.2007, 01:28 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Saddle-Welcome.^^
--
Hm, subs? I don't need to watch things with subs, even though I don't know Japanese very well.
You can place my sister(even more horrible at japanese, at least I can do some writing and say a few sentences and at least 200 words)in front of the screen, and she'll fill you in on whatever is going on. She's weird..
*looks at her favorite list*I'm wondering why a few of these are shonen when girls are most interested in the cuteness..
CS-I can't travel anywhere..*sighs*
Maybe Brazil, because my aunt has a cousin who owns a shoe factory there. My little cousin has her own brand of children shoes.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 04.01.2007, 02:25 PM.

04.01.2007, 02:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

lol! i'm not saying i CAN travel anywhere! i wish i could. i've been to canada a few time because we have family there, and i'm eligible for a trip to israel some time in highschool, but so far i'm grounded where i am. you're lucky you know japanese, FFF! i only know hebrew, but probably not even enough to chat with the locals in israel! life sucks if you can't travel, but at least i've got a lot of years ahead of me and i like where i live.

04.01.2007, 08:01 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

How old are you?
Yeah, well, I know a bit of mostly any language. It's sort of easy to tell what they're saying any way. Usually better on paper.
I could probably travel to England. I have cousins there. Oh, maybe Ontario..I have ghibli cousins there.
I will beat them, and gain my title back. Even if it means video games.*she's dreaming, again, talking in third person*

04.01.2007, 08:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

how many cousins do you have? i'll just say that i am a teenager. i think i gave away 2 much ! i should've said that i was a baby that couldn't talk!
but then how could i type? hmmm... so many questions to life!

04.02.2007, 08:40 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks