QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.30.07
  Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone ComplexPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by panda:alice Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone here like this series? My best friend Tyler got me hooked on it. I liked the first movie but the second one was so-so but the series is pretty cool imo. And the tachikomas make me smile, uber cute.

My imagination is my best friend

03.31.2007, 12:04 PM panda:alice is offline   Profile for panda:alice Add panda:alice to your buddy list Send an Email to panda:alice Homepage of panda:alice YIM Screenname: faye_lux
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed a lot of it but was disappointed in other areas. It could have been so much, so much more.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.13.2007, 07:18 PM.

03.31.2007, 05:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched it on TV really late at night(why was I awake?)
Never seen it since.*doesn't care*

03.31.2007, 05:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I enjoyed a lot of it but was disappointed in other areas. It could have been so much, so much more. Here's my thinking on it:

There's a forum there? He he he he..
I didn't know that.^^

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 04.13.2007, 09:11 PM.

03.31.2007, 05:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak There's a forum there? He he he he..
I didn't know that.^^

Uh oh...

The series is okay, it follows the manga more closely than the movies, which has a much deeper storyline. The anime series, from the looks of it, simply follow the manga.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.01.2007, 11:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak There's a forum there? He he he he..
I didn't know that.^^

Uh oh...

*evil face*
*smiles*
Should I?
*chibi me-you're evil y'know. Hey! Why are you imagining me as that cross dresser? I hate your weird habits/obsessions*
Maybe, lemme see..
GOOD BYE, RABBITS!
Oops, my password is screwed. Darn..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 04.01.2007, 08:44 PM.

04.01.2007, 08:38 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak Why are you imagining me as that cross dresser?

I had a very strange picture of you as an angry piece of old fashioned kitchen furniture then. I need stronger medication.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.14.2007, 05:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From the sounds of things, your medication is a bit too strong.

04.14.2007, 05:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak Why are you imagining me as that cross dresser?

I had a very strange picture of you as an angry piece of old fashioned kitchen furniture then. I need stronger medication.

I need to lay off my medicine. They feed me it.
What am I? Akito? Am I took weak or some-
*falls off chair*Ow..I forgot I can't walk for long..

04.14.2007, 10:47 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can I just say at this point that your current avatar suits you?

Esp. since its a character from a show you said you hated.

04.16.2007, 06:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought she liked the show. I was the one who disliked it.

And I don't know of anyone else who claimed to have seen Rozen Maiden.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.18.2007, 12:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I thought F said she hated it coz lots of boys she knew watched it and it was "pervy" (her quote not mine, I know almost nothing about it). Even so the red/green (stop/go left/right) eyes do suit our resident looney.

04.18.2007, 03:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Really? Well, it was one of the few '06 anime that was really popular, alongside Fate/Stay Night and the like, although the idea of dolls fighting kinda put me off watching it until a friend lent it to me.

And it still doesn't go down well with me. Too much loli, I guess (they're doll-sized, go figure).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.19.2007, 12:24 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm lost. Are we talking about Angelic Layer (which I know nothing about)?

And from the series I've heard of, wasn't all '06 anime loli?

04.19.2007, 12:07 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Why would you say that?

And no, the anime is Rozen Maiden, although granted, when I first heard of it, it was already the 2nd season, Rozen Maiden Traumend.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.20.2007, 06:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Ah. I see.

And the loli thing was a joke really, but a lot of recent anime I've seen pictures from does seem quite loli.

04.20.2007, 11:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks