QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Shinkai's new film---Byousoku 5cm
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Shinkai's new film---Byousoku 5cm Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Shinkai's new film---Byousoku 5cmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw “Byousoku 5cm” at the theater today!!
As you know, it is Shinkai Makoto’s latest film.
It is more beautiful than “Kumono mukou Yakusokuno Basho”----“Over the clouds, promised land”---. And it’s amazing as I expected.
It’s a kind of tragic love story. Not science fiction.
Shinkai shows character’s psychology by beautiful scene and backgrounds sophisticatedly.
That’s the largest attraction of his film.
We never think that common sights of Japanese cities are beautiful. ..…Or rather ugly.
Like stations, railroads, buildings, electric cables, power poles, vending-machines……
However, Shinkai dare to choose them and draw beautifully and romantically.
I think this film depends on its beautifulness rather than story. So it can’t be feature-length.
This film consists of 3 short stories, they are connected though. Whole of the length is about 60 minutes.
Shinkai is young director. If he gets good scenario, he’ll show us more wonderful movies before long.

[IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6677/byousokumc0.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3033/byousoku5cm2sef6.jpg" border=0> [/IMG]

[IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6210/byousoku5cm1sfd2.jpg" border=0> [/IMG]

04.11.2007, 08:37 AM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, I read about this, and saw the trailer too. I think it was some time late last year.

And yes, it was GORGEOUS.

Unfortunately, I'm the rest of us, as usual, have to wait a long time to see it. Fansub's good too, I suppose, considering my extremely tight budget.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.11.2007, 12:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

those pics make it look AMAZING! i want to pilfer this show for sig backgrounds, it looks like it is worth seeing based on visuals alone, i dont wanna read a 'poisioning the well' review.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

04.11.2007, 05:00 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It sounds/looks cool.
I should watch the trailer, if I can find it.(that'd make another movie on my list to see in a while, I got two others and I'm not sure if the second one is fansubbed as of right now.)

04.12.2007, 04:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you Kanta - gosh it looks STUNNING!

Are those wallpapers - and if so are they available bigger anywhere?

I think if Shinkai can keep going, he may well usurp Miyazaki as the finest anime storyteller in the next few years.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.12.2007, 06:26 PM.

04.12.2007, 06:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I'm watching it right now.^^(cool!)

04.12.2007, 07:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Apparently he's been earning praise as "The Next Miyazaki".

I saw the first part, but I think I should've waited because it seems it will be a while until I can finish it. But from what I've seen so far, it's a really worthwhile film, especially with all the wonderful visuals. The plot was very good as well, with a very bittersweet mood, and some scenes which left me feeling a bit hollow inside.

04.12.2007, 07:25 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i cat watch it until someone puts it on youtube.i dont know any theaters that have those films

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

04.12.2007, 07:29 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's on you tube, I was just wondering..
Oh, yes, I am watching it.^^I love the back grounds. I've seen around 20 minutes of it so far.(I won't have time to see the rest today, and I need to finish another movie I left off at for around a month. lol)

04.12.2007, 07:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really,i should start looking for it before i post

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

04.12.2007, 08:46 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hear the 1st episode--Oukasyo, 桜花抄---exists on internet. It was legally released by Yahoo Japan.
Yahoo Japan is the main sponsor of this film.
If you have Share or Winny, try to serch it.There exists English fansub.
I hear Hyuma----one of this Tavern member----made Italian funsub.
I have only Japanese version---good quality.
Oukasyo, 桜花抄----- is the 1st episode. 2nd is Cosmo-out---コスモナウト,
3rd is Byousoku 5cm----秒速5センチメートル---5cm/second.

Yahoo Japan shows some info here.
http://5cm.yahoo.co.jp/
If you want to see trailer, see here.
http://5cm.yahoo.co.jp/teaser/index.html
If you want wall paper, you can download here.
http://5cm.yahoo.co.jp/download/index.html

I got handbill at the theater. If you need it, I'll give it you----3 persons----,it's just a piece of paper though.
Contact me and tell me your postal adress by private message.

[IMG]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/963/5cmzu0.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

Post last edited by Kanta on 04.13.2007, 11:35 AM.

04.13.2007, 12:55 AM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think I did..Oh, yes, I have.^^

04.13.2007, 11:00 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For those too lazy to look around:

http://forums.downloadanime.org/showthread.php?t=1753

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.13.2007, 10:51 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll wait for the genuine article on DVD.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.14.2007, 05:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aha! I did read about this. I thought the title rang a bell, and I was right. But like Saddles, I'll wait for the DVD.

04.14.2007, 05:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shame it won't come into theatres in the UK, it would be superb.

04.14.2007, 08:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Same guy who made The Place Promised In Our Early Days and Voices Of A Distant Star, right?

I need to get them.

04.14.2007, 08:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Hoshi no Koe? That was by Shikai? Didn't know, I remembered it as so different.

ANYWAY

I just finished watching that online episode (like less than a minute ago). It was... it was... so... *sob*

No really, tears welled up at the end of the show. I mean seriously, it is SUPERB, it is just so WONDERFUL, it's... damn, seriously, there's just no words to describe it. This is, by far, THE best romance anime I have EVER watched by MILES, and I have watched a LOT of romance anime.

*gasp*

Well, my fingers are still trembling while I type this. My advice for those who will want to buy the DVD/watch it in the theatres: DO NOT watch this online release, it will make your wait a million times unbearable.

*phew*

Okay... I think I'm done. Won't be able to sleep easily tonight.

SHINKAI DAISUKI!!!!!!!

EDIT: And in my excitement I forgot to ask the people in Japan. The theme song immediately hit me like a truck as something I have DEFINITELY heard the past few months. I take it the song was composed and released specifically for the film? It just sounds so right.

And I know I heard it a few months back because whenever I have the chance, I'd listen to my local japanese radio channel (7-9am weekdays here in singapore), and it struck me as an extremely well done song.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 04.14.2007, 11:32 AM.

04.14.2007, 11:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, if it can do that to you, Roar, I will need surgical replacement of my worn out tear ducts by the end then.

04.14.2007, 04:38 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

So, what's so bad about the online thingy?
Weird, I guess I don't get slow internet. Mines high speed.
Weird, though, now that you mention it, I've known this title since..Oh~! Now I remember.
(I've been trying to take my obsessiveness down a knotch, so I won't mention how I know)

04.14.2007, 10:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks