QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Anime ClubPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is an idea i had last night thinking up material for my fanfic, and ill run it by everyone to see if it has any potential.

Basically its the same idea as a book club, everyone reads a book adn then gets together and discusses it. but to alter it a bit for anime, we could group episodes or go for films.
I thought this might get osme involvement out of everyone and make a nice group activity, we could vote for a group of series/films, majority rue and then watch and discuss. anyone interested make sure to comment here, voice opinions.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

04.29.2007, 10:46 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds nice, only it'll only work for older anime, otherwise only those with high-speed connection to download anime.

'Sides, only good anime I recall in the current spring batch is Darker than Black. There are a few others, but I haven't watched them.

Lucky Star is the only other new anime I picked up btw. It's a crazed-up version of AzuDai basically.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.29.2007, 10:57 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Crazed version of Azu? impossible lol, actualluy quite possible but anyways...

yeah the idea was, even though i know alot of people dont like watchng sereis on youtube or google vid, it is a good medium for this. new series would take be too much trouble for people to get might as well try to make it as easy as possible.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

04.29.2007, 11:03 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've heard about Lucky Star. Apparently it's pretty funny, though some seem to disagree.

04.29.2007, 01:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive never hear dof it so i cant really comment, hey but what about my anime club idea? you up for it?

Click for Gallery^^

04.29.2007, 01:35 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd give it a shot, but I might not always be able to (or get round to) watching series.

04.29.2007, 01:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

thats cool, i would probably try to structure it like so:
-memerbs vote for the series they want to see.
-watch 3 eps per week and discuss saturday.
-rinse and repeat.

Click for Gallery^^

04.29.2007, 02:49 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds good. I'm game although I actually don't watch that much, and then only the old stuff mainly, since, as you know, I don't watch online.

Of course we would avoid Ghiblis I assume since we all should know them like the back of our hand and have discussed many of them to death on here already.

Hm, apart from Ghibli I only probably own about 20 movies/series....

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.29.2007, 05:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i own 4 ghiblis, thats it.

everythign else is downloaded. Yes im a pennypincher, but now that i actually have a job i can use some of that dispossable income on anime. well, thats 2 on board, not to shabby out of the gate.

Click for Gallery^^

04.29.2007, 05:47 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, youtube does have its redeeming points. Unfortunately youtube hates me, could never load fast enough for streaming.

@#1sanfan: Girl, I download almost all my anime.

Anyway, when I say a crazed version of AzuDai, I never said it was a funnier version of AzuDai. It's not. It's just that, crazy. Hell, watch the opening and you'd pretty much know what to expect.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.29.2007, 11:28 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sure im in

04.30.2007, 02:03 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Tsuko
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tsuko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Count me in.

--------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

04.30.2007, 02:16 PM Tsuko is offline   Profile for Tsuko Add Tsuko to your buddy list Send an Email to Tsuko
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Well, youtube does have its redeeming points. Unfortunately youtube hates me, could never load fast enough for streaming.

Anyway, when I say a crazed version of AzuDai, I never said it was a funnier version of AzuDai. It's not. It's just that, crazy. Hell, watch the opening and you'd pretty much know what to expect.

im a guy, come on man ive been here for like almost a year now lol.

Click for Gallery^^

04.30.2007, 03:23 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And anime club?
Sure, I'd join, but it's not guaranteed I'll finish the series, lol.
So, I'll just be around to see how things ago.(I keep forgetting to come on here, so sorry for my absences.)

04.30.2007, 05:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

im a guy, come on man ive been here for like almost a year now lol.

If I said it, it would be on purpose to wind you up.

05.01.2007, 12:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

lol, i just found it wierd coming from roarkiller, i would expet that form JRR but not him.
maybe becasue every sig i have pretty much ever made has had a female in it?

Click for Gallery^^

05.01.2007, 12:48 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Details, details.

We're all faceless nicknames on the internet. Very few people actually use their real names on the internet.

Dballred would be one of those few. Yes, that is his name: Daniel B. Allred.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.02.2007, 02:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

True, but we are all people who are sitting and communication at computers. we all exisit(i think). but i really dont care much i was just pointing it out.

Click for Gallery^^

05.02.2007, 03:20 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I would only do it to annoy you
Ive done that mistake a few times a year ago, but neever since...

My name is actually based on my real name, just so you guys know.

btw.. imin.
SOunds really cool.
Hope ill be able to see the eps, especially with my final exams coming up.

05.02.2007, 05:50 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

My username isn't remotely similar to my real name.

05.03.2007, 06:32 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks