QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime that REALLY made you laugh
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime that REALLY made you laugh » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
How many episodes is it please?

Like I said, it's a new release. As in available only from fansubs, ongoing series. Latest episode is at 8, FYI.

Thanks. I see all 8 eps are up on Veoh. I'm tempted...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.06.2007, 06:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've just got and begun watching Azumanga-Daioh. Its bloody brilliant, my sides are aching from laughter. There are so many great jokes in it. Thanks for the recommendations, its just what I needed

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.11.2007, 06:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting our newest member to the Azumanga Daioh fanclub,

SADDLETANK!!! *applause*

Here's a cookie. Milk not included.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 06.11.2007, 10:09 PM.

06.11.2007, 10:09 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saddles, I could've sworn you'd already seen it. Oh well, the first time is definitely the best.

06.12.2007, 02:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I've already fallen in love with Sakaki. She's such a sad lonely character isn't she? You feel real sympathy for her. Because she's so tall and developed she seems like a grown up woman around all these kids so it feels even harder for her to fit in and relate to the others.

Favourite scene so far out of eps 1-9? It has to be Osaka-chan chasing her eyeball bubbles. That scene had tears running down my face it was so funny. Especially so since I've done that myself (only alone, not in a classroom...)

And the locker-room philosophy of the physical three types of women: American, Japanese and Chiyo-chan. Heh...

But there are too many jokes to mention, every episode is good. I'm waiting for a really sad angsty episode to come along, I have this fear that one will, in the midst of all this fun...

06.12.2007, 05:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There isn't, unless you consider the last episode angst (more like tearjerker actually).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.12.2007, 10:45 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Nope there isnt.
Last one is just a bit sad cause they all graduate. But otherwise theyre all happy.
Watch out fot the Bruce Lee joke, thats one of my favourites.

06.13.2007, 04:27 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fortunately, no angst. This is due in part to the fact that there isn't really a storyline and therefore angst isn't required to further a plot.

blue three!

06.13.2007, 01:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

You can't have angst in a comedy show.

Blue Two!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.13.2007, 10:09 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Oh yeah... I didn't really think of it that way, but that is true...

sata andagi.

06.14.2007, 04:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

In that case that's good. I can relax.

Oh, and by the way, always tuck your shirt inside your bloomers for PE.

06.14.2007, 06:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

But what about the guys?

What the hell are you talking about?

06.15.2007, 06:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I loved the bit with the Blue three joke...
when everything is silent and the bird flies in, onto her heade...
twirps a couple of times and flies back out.
I couldnt stop laughing there.

06.15.2007, 08:55 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, the timing in it is very good. Having spent several weeks recently watching and rewatching and REwatching Kare Kano I'm used to jokes coming thick and fast with the scenes running at speed. Aza runs at a slower pace with a lot more pauses and silent moments for the humour to sink in. I still like it but the pacing is taking a bit of getting used to.

I think it's ep 14 where as 2nd year students they go to Chiyo's beach house for the second time and Yukari-sensei brings out the saki and gets drunk and tells the girls all about adult sex.

You can just see how each girl is reacting/taking it all in by the amount of pink on their faces and their expressions with little Chiyo simply looking puzzled.

Then next morning Yukari doesn't remember any of it and Chiyo asks her what ..... .... ..... ........ ... ..... means and she practically craps herself.

And the three most grown up girls all thank her for the advice...

Fantastic stuff.

06.15.2007, 04:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
RealityBites
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by RealityBites Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

samurai champloo is one of the funniest shows I've seen anime or not.... (subbed of course )

06.17.2007, 05:10 AM RealityBites is offline   Profile for RealityBites Add RealityBites to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

That bit is indeed funny, Saddles. One of my favourite jokes really, mainly because you don't know exactly what they're saying but you can get the gist of it enough for a bit of a giggle.

06.17.2007, 06:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Finished watching it yesterday. Like all good anime series the ending always leaves you feeling a bit sad and empty - wanting it to go on, wanting there to be more.

The last episode was quite touching in it's own way, esp when Yukari-sensei walks off down the corridor and all the girls behind her watch her go... and then bow to her and say thank you. Nicely done.

06.17.2007, 07:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

YO!
Glad you liked it.
What was your favourite ep?

06.18.2007, 06:00 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

"I smelt a fart and it wasn't mine."

XD

As far as fav eps go, to me it's a close tie between their 2nd year sports day (Osaka covered in flour, giggling) and their 2nd year festival (Chiyo penguin).

In fact, the best stuff happens most during their 2nd year.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.19.2007, 02:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like it how yukari's driving traumatizes everyone,

also i watched a bit of honey and clover the other day and the first time they play twister is probabuly the one of the funnyst things ive seen in a while

06.19.2007, 06:00 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks