QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Who wish to make own animation movie ?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Who wish to make own animation movie ? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Azhur
What points exactly you don't understand? There might be a whole bunch of them.. and if you can find any errors or contradictions, please inform me.

No, no, there isn't any problem at your side . Both the beginning and the end of the story are well-written and coherent by themselves. Just that I have yet to read the whole story so as to have a better understanding of the flow of the whole plot.

quote:
Very hard to say. They would help me improving and evolving the story, but then again I'm quite a lousy drawer when compared to the average of my age. Maybe the real question would be following: is it worth it?

Umm... maybe you can give a try and start with a simple scene first. If that works you can try to work on the more complex scenes. Or if it is too time-consuming you can easily switch back to your text-only screenplay.

04.10.2005, 04:42 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Hakumaku
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hakumaku Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it worth it?

Definatly....you have these ideas and are expressing them in a form of a screenplay.
Even if there is a possibilty of it not ever being made into animation by you or outside source the fact of the matter remains....its your work and you made it.

Its a lot more than others.

You got talent...keep at it ^^

04.10.2005, 06:04 AM Hakumaku is offline   Profile for Hakumaku Add Hakumaku to your buddy list
asusa
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.10.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by asusa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Though it is hard to send your animation work to ghibli, but there must be other good places to send it. If you get famous there and the ghibli studio notice you, it be easy to be accpeted into the ghibli studio then, right?
So what companies or studios do you guys know that is good and asscessable.

04.10.2005, 08:08 AM asusa is offline   Profile for asusa Add asusa to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by asusa
Though it is hard to send your animation work to ghibli, but there must be other good places to send it. If you get famous there and the ghibli studio notice you, it be easy to be accpeted into the ghibli studio then, right?
So what companies or studios do you guys know that is good and asscessable.

Disney - While they would have the recources, nowadays this company lacks heart and courage to produce ghibli-styled animations; it's just one grey corporation among the others.

Pixar - If I could even gain Miyazaki's recommendations for John Lasseter, there might be the slightest chance of getting it published by Pixar. On the other hand it's also quite unlikely, since by now Pixar has only released 'parodic' animations. The other pro/con would be the 100% usage of CGI. Personally I prefer the good ol' animation.

Independent animation groups - Simply put: the enthusiasm to make a feature doesn't cover the lack of budget. Life is cruel...

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the support guys.

If I'll ever have the possibility of releasing Hidden Paradise (even by a small independent group) I'll invite the whole Ghibli tavern to celebrate.

The Character Gallery:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17110089/
Yoko and Eishi.. I'll say no more.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17143674/
An elder fisher

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17497291/
Suzu on her dying bed

Post last edited by Azhur on 05.17.2005, 07:30 AM.

04.10.2005, 03:17 PM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
dharmika
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dharmika Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi... i'm new here....i see you all (i mean, read) discussing something interesting here, ya?

i didn't see the whole discussion from the beginning cos i really have tight schedule here, so...wow....are you guys talking about making your own animation movie?
wow ('wow' again?)....well, it's really hardworking....

sorry disturbing you guys, and i'll try to read the whole thread so, i won't b out of the topic...huehe he he....

i worked at a small animation studio few times ago and i started as a key animator and, it was really tough time to work....

azhur: aw! are you releasing your own animation movie independently? how did u do that? do u have any web site of your own?

04.11.2005, 04:02 PM dharmika is offline   Profile for dharmika Add dharmika to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dharmika
hi... i'm new here....i see you all (i mean, read) discussing something interesting here, ya?

Yep.

quote:

i didn't see the whole discussion from the beginning cos i really have tight schedule here, so...wow....are you guys talking about making your own animation movie?

Say no more.

quote:

azhur: aw! are you releasing your own animation movie independently? how did u do that? do u have any web site of your own?

Well actually my dream would be to release this particular animation by Studio Ghibli, but it's only a dream right now and I'm thinking of alternative options. If there are no other ways, I'll consider some independent animation company.

Post last edited by Azhur on 04.12.2005, 04:00 AM.

04.12.2005, 03:02 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
Hakumaku
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hakumaku Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dharmika

sorry disturbing you guys, and i'll try to read the whole thread so, i won't b out of the topic...huehe he he....

i worked at a small animation studio few times ago and i started as a key animator and, it was really tough time to work....

You started as a KEY animator?? 0_0
Usually animators start as a inbetweener...consider yourself lucky!

Azhur has a bunch of concepts he/she wants to find a way of them being made by Ghibli.

Personally starting anywhere would be good....start from the bottom & work up Azhur.

Getting a first film made by a indi company would be more realistic...
you said "Independent animation groups - Simply put: the enthusiasm to make a feature doesn't cover the lack of budget."
I could argue against that Y'know ^^

Post last edited by Hakumaku on 04.12.2005, 07:58 AM.

04.12.2005, 07:56 AM Hakumaku is offline   Profile for Hakumaku Add Hakumaku to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Hakumaku

Personally starting anywhere would be good....start from the bottom & work up Azhur.

That's the plan...

quote:

Getting a first film made by a indi company would be more realistic... you said "Independent animation groups - Simply put: the enthusiasm to make a feature doesn't cover the lack of budget." I could argue against that Y'know ^^

You're right.. maybe I was a bit too harsh on that.

Oh and to clarify some things I'm a permanent he.

04.12.2005, 09:57 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
dharmika
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dharmika Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

true, haku...i started as key, but all of the keys of our studio are also doing the inbetween, due to the lack of our number, he he....(not really lucky to me)

agree...independent animation movie would make u dying, not really killed....especially if u're a single animator, eh?

04.15.2005, 05:52 PM dharmika is offline   Profile for dharmika Add dharmika to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am no artist by any means, though I have made some character design sketches more-than-slightly influenced by Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, which I saw just recently. However, I am a writer. I'd love to write an actual screenplay this summer--I've no time now, but I'm just brimmin' with ideas!

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

05.11.2005, 11:12 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Due to the budgetary reasons I'll be making the ending song of HP by myself. This is one of the hardest jigsaw puzzle piece's to fit in, since it should sum up the whole feature's theme into one elaborate entity. I'll take off slowly and merely reveal the title of the song.

Hidden Paradise OST:

1.) Dream - Disturbance (Eishi's dream)
2.) Floating Sanctuary (First glimpse of FT)
3.) Order in Chaos (The routine life of FT)
4.) Sleep to the Stars (Suzu's dying bed)
5.) Levitating Hope (Sending of the flying lanterns)
6.) Epochal Event (Eishi and Yoko leave floating town)
7.) Formless Nave (A scene at the boat)
8.) A Bond is Made (Yoko remembers how she met Eishi)
9.) In the Middle of the Aquatic Flora (A scene at the boat)
10.) Dusky Mills (Old mills in the mist)
10.) The Eternal Permafrost (Yoko and Eishi reaches the icy lands)
11.) The Singing Aurora (The northern lights turn the ambience to somewhat dreamlike)
12.) Heart of Night (Yoko and Eishi lost in the eternal darkness)
13.) A Glimpse of Light (An abandoned village middle of nowhere)
14.) The Purpose Unveils (Eishi knows why he was brought to this forsaken land)
15.) Walk to Death for Life (Eishi leaves Yoko, since he knows that her place is at FT)
16.) Never Alone (Eishi and Yoko reunites)
17.) Hidden Paradise (Eishi reaches home and Yoko goes to FT with the help of formless)
18.) Bittersweet Homecoming (Yoko returns to FT)
19.) Dream - Calamity (Yoko's dream)
20.) Everlasting Promise (Ending song during the travel of the FT)

The Everlasting Promise song lyrics:

The glitter of ours
beyond sky and stars
sorrow to feel no more
whirling snow reveals
I may see you again

An oath carrying you by
bringing touch of our bond
closer and closer
to the all of kind
I will see you again

A paradise lurking in the dark
hidden from time and place
searching for you
for you to love
I see you again

The promise is fulfilled
I'm dreaming no more
day falls to night
shine turns to rain
and I never see you again

FINISHED!

Konan I would definately like to see your ideas.

Post last edited by Azhur on 05.19.2005, 02:49 PM.

05.12.2005, 05:03 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Azhur:
Konan I would definately like to see your ideas.

Well , here's one idea that I have, an epic a la Nausicaa or Mononoke-hime. It's called Aroban.
10,000 years after a forgotten apocalypse, a nomadic tribe of a vast, barren desert is slowly being wiped out by a deadly plague, believed to be caused by the wrath of their gods. The priests of the esoteric sciences had long since given up on discovering a cure. The chieftain of the tribe has finally succumbed to the plague, leaving his daughter, who is much too young to rule over the tribe. Political unrest ensues. A winged, crucifix-bearing young man stumbles upon the tribe, speaking in a foreign tongue that the tribesmen cannot understand. However, the moment that he arrives, a young woman dies in the middle of childbirth. The motherless child is offered to him, but he refuses it--he does not want to become a human being and lose his status as a Son of God by tending to a mortal child, but never explains this to the tribesmen. After a fortnight, he leaves. Life resumes in the tribe, and little of his stay is felt. As he travels through the desert alone, without food nor water, he weakens terribly. We see him unleash terrible demons, causing massive sandstorms to erupt, one of which engulfs him and kills him. Long after his death, another tribe finds his body, miraculously intact. The priests of the tribe examine him, and declare that he is a god. When the other tribe hears of this, they realized that this was the same man who had come to their tribe months before. They also remembered that when he stayed that fortnight with them, not a single death from the plague occured. They reasoned that the cross he bore was an antidote to the plague. So they wanted it for themselves. Though allies with the other tribe, they declare "war" against them. We see each tribe plunge into bloodthirsty aggression, but neither tribe ever forgets the virtues of nobility and empathy. In the last of the battles, so many on each side are massacred that only a few are left in each tribe. But now the lethal plague escalates ravaging what is left of both tribes, until one woman is left. She is the chieftain's daughter, terribly ill and near death. She remembers the crucifix that the Son of God bore. Previously it was forbidden even for her to take; but she reached out for it in his coffin (his body is still interestingly intact). It crumbled into fine dust before she touched it. She decides to leave the bitter memory of her tribe's settlement. The night before she leaves, the Son of God is ressurected. He had died for a reason, you know--to redeem the souls of those who had died from war or the plague in the two tribes. But he is not a Son of God any longer--he has lost his memory of his past existence, and his wings have disappeared. That dawn, he stands before the chieftain's daughter as she awakens. They get to know each other well over the next few weeks (this is where much of the character development will take place in the film) and leave into the distance, together. They are the new Adam and Eve. However, we see sand blow in the foreground, revealing a massive obelisk from the ancient industrial civilization.
So, your thoughts?

EDIT: Added some more details.

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment

Post last edited by Konan on 05.13.2005, 02:14 PM.

05.13.2005, 12:43 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Due to the budgetary reasons I'll be making the ending song of HP by myself. This is one of the hardest jigsaw puzzle piece's to fit in, since it should sum up the whole feature's theme into one elaborate entity. I'll take off slowly and merely reveal the title of the song.

The ending song of Hidden Paradise:

The Everlasting Promise

Cool! I can never write a song myself. Are you also going to compose the music?

btw the first glance of the name reminds me of Chieko Baisho's Sekai no Yakushoku (Promise of the World).

quote:
Originally posted by Konan
Well , here's one idea that I have, an epic a la Nausicaa or Mononoke-hime. It's called Aroban.

Though there are shadows of Nausicaa, Mononoke and Shuna, it is a really interesting and intriguing story per se . It would be great to see how the plot unfolds itself and how the two major characters develop. Are you going to write a full version of the story?

What exactly is "Aroban", btw?

05.13.2005, 05:24 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Konan
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji

quote:

Though there are shadows of Nausicaa, Mononoke and Shuna, it is a really interesting and intriguing story per se . It would be great to see how the plot unfolds itself and how the two major characters develop. Are you going to write a full version of the story?

What exactly is "Aroban", btw?

Yes, I'm going to write a screenplay starting this summer. I'm very glad you like it. Just a note--the chieftain's daughter is not really a major character until the the last few scenes. BTW, Aroban is the name of the barren grey-sand desert.
--Konan--

05.13.2005, 06:28 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji

Cool! I can never write a song myself. Are you also going to compose the music?

I've a few composation concepts in my mind, but there's no way I'd be actually writing notes on a paper.

quote:

btw the first glance of the name reminds me of Chieko Baisho's Sekai no Yakushoku (Promise of the World).

Well the whole title goes The Promise of the World: The Merry-go-round of Life, so mine is at least a whole lot pithier.

That's truly a nice story you got there Konan! I found much of similarities to other stories (as Jiji said), but nevertheless the plot is well crafted. Are you gonna draw some storyboards or sketches of the characters?

05.14.2005, 10:43 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

quote:
That's truly a nice story you got there Konan! I found much of similarities to other stories (as Jiji said), but nevertheless the plot is well crafted. Are you gonna draw some storyboards or sketches of the characters?

I'm not sure yet if I'll do it or have someone else (who's more talented than me at sketching) do it.
EDIT: Unless someone on this forum wants to try .

Post last edited by Konan on 05.14.2005, 12:12 PM.

05.14.2005, 11:29 AM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

quote:
Unless someone on this forum wants to try .

05.16.2005, 06:52 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

quote:
Unless someone on this forum wants to try .

Well I'm too tied up to my own work, so I don't have time right now. Besides I'm quite a lousy drawer..

05.17.2005, 07:33 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want to make a short film. On Your Mark inspired me to do this.

The comic that it's based on (orginal) is still a WIP.

05.18.2005, 02:13 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.21.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's a bit hard to make our own animation by ourself... just like Miyazaki...

I want to just create something that easier but can tell the story well...
somekind of Tokimeki Memorial (picture & text interface)....

I have told that Anime actually a Manga with sounds.... so this perhaps what make Anime is always connected to Manga...

05.19.2005, 01:32 AM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks