QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - PAPRIKA!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » PAPRIKA!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haha i know its very adult. lol but it seems extremly interesting.

im not a child

Post last edited by Lupin on 12.13.2007, 04:26 PM.

12.13.2007, 04:25 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've no idea what age you are, physically or mentally

But a post on a forum isn't just talking to you, but everyone who reads it and we have some young people on this forum who certainly should not watch Paranoia Agent.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.13.2007, 04:54 PM.

12.13.2007, 04:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll watch this soon...it's somewhere near the top of my 'to watch' list. As soon as I have some time (in 8 days!), I'll get around to that ^_^

12.13.2007, 07:40 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive seen some very good write ups on Paranoia but have yet to see it aswell.. its taking me longer to watch the anime i wanted to than i expected as i am at home far less now i have finished school.

12.14.2007, 07:42 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Apparently a parcel containing Paprika with my name on is in Santa’s sack. Seeing you guys talking about it, I can’t wait! It sounds really trippy.

(that’s not a complaint).

12.14.2007, 08:23 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd buy it, but unfortunately the contents isn't suitable for my conservative family to 'discover', if you get my drift.

Anyway, PA is definitely not for kids. I can think of two episodes that are definitely NOT suitable for kids below 15.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.14.2007, 09:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Lupin
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yay! i got paprika for christmas!! im so happy - ill get back to you once ive watched it

12.28.2007, 06:20 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got it for Christmas too and I've already watched it about four times. Marvellous, fab characters and really good entertainment.

01.03.2008, 09:31 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I too got it for Xmas, but unfortunately due to all the upheaval happening all around me, most of it depressing, I ain't had chance to see it yet!

01.03.2008, 09:16 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Lupin
Calcifer

same - im yet to watch it... still

01.06.2008, 12:46 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
sheeana
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sheeana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw it twice ^^

I had heard that it wasn't as good as Miyazaki's films, so I was very surprised by the quality of Paprika. This film is amazing !! There is always something in the settings or the dialogues to guide you. Have you seen how colourful it is when you're in dreams, and grey or neutral when it's reality?
I really enjoyed the soundtrack, especially "the girl in byakkoya".

I've seen Millenium Actress and Perfect Blue too, but this one is my favourite.

01.08.2008, 12:16 PM sheeana is offline   Profile for sheeana Add sheeana to your buddy list
Lupin
Calcifer

ive seen it now

and its amazing

i think it needs a second watch though...

01.08.2008, 12:54 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh, it needs several...

01.08.2008, 01:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Lupin
Calcifer

i can tell

01.09.2008, 01:34 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
satoshi
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.07.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by satoshi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't read through all of the posts on this thread but I will say that Paprika is a great film...i love it! If you like it too I also recommend "Millennium Actress" Give it a shot...i wouldn't hurt...at least i dont think it would.

01.07.2009, 05:47 PM satoshi is offline   Profile for satoshi Add satoshi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I still love Tokyo Godfathers, and my love of Hana.. XD I want that movie, dammit. I own Paprika and me and my friend pieced it all together. I watched Tokyo Godfathers at the convention and I want it but even when I found it mom won't let me. >.< And Millennium Actress, found that alongside TG since unlike Paprika there was only one copy of each in a store for a much cheaper price. They were probably used..

01.07.2009, 08:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well... I've heard of this movie before, and from the reviews, it's apparently good, but is it like, suitable for kids? (i'm thinking not really, but...) Like, is it disturbing or fanservicey or anything like that?

01.08.2009, 03:33 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just saw it. Really enjoyed it, too. The only things I didn't like were the music (in some places), and the climax, which went WAY over-the-top with the whole "nightmare giant laughing evilly as he tries to destroy the universe" thing.

Everything else was amazing, especially the animation. The plot was bonkers, of course, but it worked--even, surprisingly, on an emotional level. I felt genuine satisfaction at the conclusion. And yes, it must be said, Chiba/Paprika is hot. I'm still not sure which I prefer, but they're both up there on my list of anime women (which, at this point, pretty much consists solely of them).

I need to watch Millenium Actress again, to see if I would still consider it Kon's best work. Perfect Blue trails behind for me; I just couldn't get past all the fanservice and violence.

quote:
Originally posted by animekittynya
Well... I've heard of this movie before, and from the reviews, it's apparently good, but is it like, suitable for kids? (i'm thinking not really, but...) Like, is it disturbing or fanservicey or anything like that?

As for violence, you see a dead body at the scene of a murder investigation. People covered in blood are carried away on stretchers. There are a few creepy parts. There is some nudity, but it's pretty brief. Overall, I don't think it was really deserving of its R rating.

01.09.2009, 02:32 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's always an opposite. Light and darkness. Life and death. Man and wo...

Women!

And to spice it all up you add...?

Paprika!

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 01.17.2009, 01:02 PM.

01.17.2009, 11:34 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Paprika is a complex movie I think, maybe that's why I didn't liked it in the first place...but I guess I should give it a second chance!

05.25.2009, 04:08 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks