QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Good anime movies
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Good anime movies » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.31.07
  Good anime moviesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by diablobob Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where in the USA can you find anime Without having to shell out $50 to $100 and then find out that it stinks worse than an porta potty at the fair when the temp hits a hundred. Some of the local discount places have them used but i would rather buy them new so the studios like Ghibli know there is intrest overseas. However I generally buy american movies used. I am pretty new to anime so I am just getting a feel for what i like.

06.04.2007, 08:33 PM diablobob is offline   Profile for diablobob Add diablobob to your buddy list
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I usually rent mine first, if avail, via Netflix.com. Then, if I really like it, then I go to Wal-mart.com (believe it or not they do have some anime), or Sam Goody's, etc. Video rental stores can also order them for you if you are desperate enough to pay the price. There are some used video places that you can also try. If no luck, then I usually search online. You can also ask this forum for some other ideas.

06.05.2007, 04:49 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

youtube, the epitome of try before you buy. or dont buy at all and just watch for free, thats what i usually do.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.05.2007, 05:12 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.veoh.com/

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.05.2007, 06:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I use netflix.com a lot, I really don't like using youtube to preview anime or anything really, mostly because if it turns out to be a really great film, the fact that my first experience with it was through a tiny, blurry video is kind of disappointing.

06.05.2007, 06:31 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks